Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old February 4th, 2009, 05:49 PM
930chas
C Ham
1995 D-90

thoughts on this one..

http://www.bargainnews.com/viewad.cf...1769&TheDealer

I have mainly been looking for 90s, but this 110 seemed a lot "cheaper" then the few others I have seen for sale. Not really what I want, but maybe someone on here would?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 4th, 2009, 06:21 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Hey, that's the next one right after mine. Maybe I'll buy it instead. Assuming one of you vipers doesn't get it first. No answer on the phone numbers...

Follow-up Post:

You all have no idea how tempting it was to delete this thread to keep you dogs off the trail!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
930chas
C Ham
1995 D-90

Haha..I take it this could be a pretty good deal, huh? Maybe I should have jumped on it instead of posting this thread??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 4th, 2009, 06:28 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Its hard to tell condition from the pix, but it definitely looks "not bad" as opposed to mine, which looks like "crap." I'm definitely going to pursue it, but I'm guessing that any number of people are going to carpet bomb the poor guy with calls just so they can flip it and pocket 5-8k.

Old February 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM
whitelandy33
Pecos
hyundai

sold
Old February 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Poof.

You call already?

Old February 4th, 2009, 07:02 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

It looks pretty clean. Jim, is that rot on the bulkhead on the DS pic from the rear just to the right of the side view mirror? I am always hesitant when pics show me just enough but not enough(You know what I mean). Either the seller has no clue or they really know what not to show. I looked at a 110 for sale in Monterey,CA about three years ago with 40k miles on it on ebay. From the pics the rust did not look that bad. When I saw it in person if you opened up the doors there was holes you could put ypur hand through and they did not show that in the pics. It sold for 40k and the buyer left a negative feedback as the seller said the rust could be fixed for like 2 to 3 grand. The seller knew way more than he was letting on as he worked for LR and I could tell by meeting him he did not want to deal with me because I had half a clue as to what I was getting into. Always am very weary when I see a 110 for sale. Then again it is not an auction so maybe it really is one of the last V8 Interceptors
Old February 4th, 2009, 07:14 PM
whitelandy33
Pecos
hyundai

Nice english guy. Sold for 30k. Somebody actually talked him down less than 32. I offered more and he said he was keeping his word till the guy gives him a deposit tomorrow at 10am.

I am next in line if it falls through.....

He knows its worth more. Not sure why he is taking less. No deep rust. Sounded like surface rust on floor boards. Some new stuff over last few years. No accidents, no floods. Came from LA. Had truck for 6 years. Its ready to be driven back to Texas.
Old February 4th, 2009, 07:53 PM
930chas
C Ham
1995 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelandy33
Nice english guy. Sold for 30k. Somebody actually talked him down less than 32. I offered more and he said he was keeping his word till the guy gives him a deposit tomorrow at 10am.

I am next in line if it falls through.....

He knows its worth more. Not sure why he is taking less. No deep rust. Sounded like surface rust on floor boards. Some new stuff over last few years. No accidents, no floods. Came from LA. Had truck for 6 years. Its ready to be driven back to Texas.
Something doesn't sound right there. Either the buyer is getting a heck of a deal, or a rust bucket, but I don't understand why you would cut $2k off your price when you know your vehicle is worth more then you already have it listed at.
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:01 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Maybe he's got a home equity line of credit to pay off.

How do you guys monitor podunk little sites like this anyway - you just spend all day surfing ads?

Follow-up Post:

Oh, and the buyer negotiated for 2k off the price? They'll flip it.

Old February 4th, 2009, 08:04 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC

How do you guys monitor podunk little sites like this anyway - you just spend all day surfing ads?

It was posted on RN forum.
Nice folks sent me many linkys... but looks like it is gone already. Hopefully not to a pie in the sky buyer who thinks a 30K 110 won't need work... they all do.

I just got another truck in here that was a cheap buy from an on line rover place... man is that thing a POS. The owner will be into it way deeper than just buying a good one. He tought he would just put some oil lines on it and be all done.

There are good deals once and a while on 110s, but in most cases cheap means you get to bail a lot of money in, at least in this case the buy in point was prett low.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
If its the truck I think it is... they'll have to!!!

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM
whitelandy33
Pecos
hyundai

Quote:

Follow-up Post:

I was monitoring this "podunk" site and ran with the info that you and 930chas were discussing.
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:03 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelandy33
I was monitoring this "podunk" site and ran with the info that you and 930chas were discussing.
Ah ha - don't think I didn't call before posting...

Nevertheless, I didn't get through. He was probably on the phone with you and 20 other guys that saw the RN posting.

Old February 20th, 2009, 10:11 PM
electricitycycles
Kip
None

NAS 110 146/500 in CT for 32K

Nice ride for sale in New Canaan,CT.

http://www.bargainnews.com/viewad.cf...769&TheDealer=
Old February 21st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
looks good in the pictures

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old February 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Unfortunately its sold and we've hashed over it here earlier in the month. I merged the two threads though since the new one has a more descriptive title.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
110, nas, nas 110