Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old January 25th, 2015, 05:21 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Mkii Paradive Watch, near mint

I thought there may be some watch geeks here that may be interested. I'm selling my Bill Yao Mkii Paradive, even after awaiting its arrival for nearly 2 years. Chasing a larger project basically. if you are not familiar, they are essentially unobtanium in this condition (and in most conditions). See the link below for some stellar pics and descriptions and further info. One of the nicest tool watches around, who's design pays homage to the CIA and Navy-issued watches of the 50's 60's and 70's.

The watch is nearly mint (safe queen!), with one slight scratch on the case from one of the dozen times I wore this. Sapphire crystal which is flawless. I have upgraded the spring bars to beefy, essentially indestructible ones, and its currently mounted on a 20MM OD Green NATO band from Crown and Buckle. I own a couple of other MKii watches, they are amazing pieces and unbelievably well built.

Included is the original box and paperwork, metal bracelet, band/bracelet tool and MKii standard black rubber strap band. Serious inquiries only, I can take some macro shots of it as well for those who may seriously pursue this purchase.

$2,000 includes fast, insured shipping to your door.

https://huckberry.com/store/mk-ii-wa...9838-paradive#

http://gearpatrol.com/2013/09/17/tim...mkii-paradive/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
...If only I wasn't emptying my wallet in to a 110 build right now...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old January 25th, 2015, 07:14 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
...If only I wasn't emptying my wallet in to a 110 build right now...
What's another 2k at this point
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-man View Post
What's another 2k at this point
The difference between a happy marriage and divorce.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old January 25th, 2015, 07:47 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
The difference between a happy marriage and divorce.
Sound like my house!
Old January 25th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Hang on...you may want to edit the post, and review the links a little closer
Old January 25th, 2015, 10:06 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Awesome watch! Which model is this?
Old January 25th, 2015, 10:22 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Hang on...you may want to edit the post, and review the links a little closer
Oh do tell, Jonesy... ------ Follow up post added January 25th, 2015 10:22 PM ------
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPT90 View Post
Awesome watch! Which model is this?
No date
Old January 25th, 2015, 10:55 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Good luck with sale. What is a used original one worth? My old man gave me one that get got in the late 60's early 70's. I used to wear it in high school....
Old January 25th, 2015, 11:04 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Good luck with sale. What is a used original one worth? My old man gave me one that get got in the late 60's early 70's. I used to wear it in high school....
Is it a Benrus? I think they were who had the MIL contact but may not be branded on the outside.
Old January 25th, 2015, 11:07 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Is it a Benrus? I think they were who had the MIL contact but may not be branded on the outside.
I will dig out and PM you
Old January 26th, 2015, 01:01 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
Oh do tell, Jonesy... ------ Follow up post added January 25th, 2015 10:22 PM ------ No date
I don't like to poo poo on for sale threads...GLWTS
Old January 26th, 2015, 01:54 AM
CMSgt Bo
Bo
1985 One Ten

This is a Benrus Type I Class A homage by Bill Yao of Mark II Watches. I've had the original and didn't care for it. The Benrus cases were monocoque and the movement had to be removed thru the face for servicing. They all had fixed springbars, so you were stuck with Nato style straps. Also the bezels were acetate and would delaminate when wet. Bill solved all those shortcomings with his updated version. Because of the limited number of watches released, the long lead times, and high demand, Bills watches normally sell above MSRP on the secondary market.

And I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night...when I'm not here I'm the Admin on the worlds largest watch forum. GLWTS

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Old January 26th, 2015, 07:09 AM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
I don't like to poo poo on for sale threads...GLWTS
But you already did, Jonesy. That's my beef. dunno for what reason...just to point out the obvious or what? I purposely posted those links for info, and we all know must of us know how to read here. There are no secrets. Bo's comments are spot on, but I imagine you are looking at The Huckberry check out process for &1500 bucks. Bill Made 100 for them and there was a waiting list. And there was a 2 plus year lead time pre order and wait time for them direct from Bill. Even Bill will "notify you" if you want to buy one. But good luck finding one. He has moved on to bigger and better. Maybe you just came to kick tires and tell me I priced my truck too high.
Old January 26th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
GLWTS Joshua

Oh and Joshua, just to follow up - if you do equate this to a truck sale, then usually one would post up details about markups from purchase - even when selling to educated folks - you know just like Bo did. Or you did afterwards, citing the fact it is ltd edition, can't buy it anymore, highly desirable, that sort of thing. I thought I was being reasonable with my post. So sorry if it wasn't taken that way. I guess being a neophyte with collector watches I was just drawn to a $500 markup for a 2nd hand watch with a scratched bezel?
Old January 26th, 2015, 08:00 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
GLWTS Joshua

Oh and Joshua, just to follow up - if you do equate this to a truck sale, then usually one would post up details about markups from purchase - even when selling to educated folks - you know just like Bo did. Or you did afterwards, citing the fact it is ltd edition, can't buy it anymore, highly desirable, that sort of thing. I thought I was being reasonable with my post. So sorry if it wasn't taken that way. I guess being a neophyte with collector watches I was just drawn to a $500 markup for a 2nd hand watch with a scratched bezel?
Dude, I'm sure you mean well, but you are making no sense to me, and I'm sure you're a nice guy and I will withhold being a total sarcastic douche (because I hate those internet trolls) but I absolutely cant stand when people come to others FS threads, with zero intention to buy the item, and simply add nothing but comments like "you should read the articles you just posted and go edit your post".... I mean, CLEARLY you had and continue to have no intention to buy this, you somewhat admit you don't know anything about the boutique watch world but wanted to point out to the rest of the board and readers that the watch cost $500 less when purchased new. People who would see this add or do the reading because hey are genuinely interested probably know that- and if they dont, they can read it too. Its no secret. I'm sure you have paid more than retail for a part for your rover(s) that you couldn't find. There are so many markets like this (guns, coins, cars to name a few) that this is just one example. Fuck, the entire rover market in the US is a good example of this. If you bought any of Defenders in the US you probably did this actually, and they probably were second hand and maybe even had a scratch or two!

I'm done with it, but please do not shit on my thread any more because I would like to simply ACTUALLY SELL THIS WATCH...which is why it was posted here in the first place.

Now if you are interested in the watch, let me know. I will take a couple dollars off the asking price because I like you . ALL LURKERS BE AWARE PRICE OF $1992.00 IS only for Jonesey.
Old January 31st, 2015, 06:16 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Bump.
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:13 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Bump.
No longer for sale. Decided to send it for DLC and make it a stealth bomber. Gonna be even more rare now

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market