LHD 110, Immaculate - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old June 16th, 2015, 07:42 AM
110fender
devin
1987 110

LHD 110, Immaculate

I have a beautiful 110, lhd with a solid running 2.5 na. Fresh paint and mechanically superb. Nicest I've owned by far. $28k. PM me for details. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2015, 07:53 AM
speedpin
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV

Registry
Why don't you post up a for sale ad with details and pictures.
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:13 PM
110fender
devin
1987 110

A number of reasons. If anyone is interested in a nice lhd 110 in that price range, just pm me. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2015, 02:40 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Come on man...

"When posting something in the Classified section, please be sure to include a price, description, location, and picture(s) if applicable."
Old June 16th, 2015, 02:42 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 110fender View Post
A number of reasons. If anyone is interested in a nice lhd 110 in that price range, just pm me. Thanks.
I'd say that for most people here, they aren't going to bother with you if you can't be bothered to post up pics. GLWS.
Old June 16th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Personally I totally get why many forum member sellers go straight to ebay and other marketplaces.
So many here who aren't even prospective buyers feel it necessary to comment and nitpick listings for their own amusement to the detriment of the forum.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:02 PM
110fender
devin
1987 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post
I'd say that for most people here, they aren't going to bother with you if you can't be bothered to post up pics. GLWS.
I disagree. I have received 10+ emails for info already. Its not a lack of effort here. Like uncle douglas said, I am not interested in being knit picked by the same handful of folks about what I do and sell.
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:07 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Personally I totally get why many forum member sellers go straight to ebay and other marketplaces.
So many here who aren't even prospective buyers feel it necessary to comment and nitpick listings for their own amusement to the detriment of the forum.
I am, actually, in the market for a 110. You can take me out of that "so many" grouping.
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:15 PM
jason1st
Jason Crandall
2006 LR3 2012 SC 1983 110

Instead of responding to a bunch of emails isn't it easier to post pics and a price? What's to hide? I've bought and sold many cars on the internet. It's not a big deal to do it right.
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:22 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
I disagree. I have received 10+ emails for info already. Its not a lack of effort here. Like uncle douglas said, I am not interested in being knit picked by the same handful of folks about what I do and sell.
Dude you seriously need to stop complaining. This forum has given you amazing (and free) exposure to flip vehicles with little to no effort by you, yet you continue to complain about the users here when you can't immediately flip your trucks. You continue to wonder why you get so little respect here, yet you offer none of your own. Go back to eBay to post vehicles if you hate it so much here.
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:29 PM
110fender
devin
1987 110

Josh, deep breath my man. Who's complaining? I posted some info on a truck I have for sale as well as a few others. If someone is interested, feel free to contact me. If not, that's fine as well. I post them as I have sold to a handful of folks here and will continue to do so. Seriously, not sure why you take this so personally.
Old June 16th, 2015, 04:38 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Devin, I tend to take it personally because I care a lot about this community, including the newer members your listing(s) may entice. And while I have not agreed with the ways you've attempted to list your NAS vehicles here, I genuinely believe your imports help to only grow our community positively, as long as they're not turds. Here's a bit of my reasoning.

You’ve posted in excess of $650,000 worth of vehicles for sale on this forum. For free. There are a few things that the owners and moderators of the forum require and suggest to be included in any classified listing, and they’re meant to provide both the sellers and potential buyers the information (and protection(s)) needed in order to complete an efficient transaction. Nearly all of the issues that have occurred on this forum in recent years have resulted from members whose motivations to participate here have been primarily for-profit; especially as the Defender market has continued to rise. Posting the required and suggested information here helps keep everyone honest, but as I’ve pointed out to you before, you are dealing with a (primarily) more rover-intelligent pool of individuals here who may be able to look at the photos and glean quite a bit of information about where your vehicle just came from, its overall condition, etc. much quicker than your typical eBay pool.

These days a ton of business is conducted here via PM, which may work for many, but moderators have been made aware of some disturbing instances in which some of these for-profit members have attempted to defraud or misrepresent themselves or their vehicles in some way to other members via PM. Basically yes it may suck for you to provide some of the information here publicly, but as long as you have nothing to hide then it should not be an issue. As you are a seller here listing for-profit, I think it’s alarming to some when as little information as possible is provided so-as to force a private conversation, considering it tends to put a greater number of (especially newer) buyers at potential risk.
Old June 16th, 2015, 07:00 PM
110fender
devin
1987 110

There's a bunch of requests. I'll get the info to everyone this evening after dinner. Thanks for all the interest.
Old June 17th, 2015, 07:29 AM
110fender
devin
1987 110

All PMs responded to. As I said in the messages, reasonable offers considered too. Thanks for all the interest.
Old June 17th, 2015, 12:17 PM
110fender
devin
1987 110

Dropped to $26k for someone on the board. Gotta move her. Thanks.
Old June 17th, 2015, 01:14 PM
circitmage
Ken
None

I'm in the market for a 110

But reading the posts here and your egregious disrespect for the moderators who work so hard to make this a useful tool for us and their sensible rules, I'm passing on your 110
Old June 17th, 2015, 01:22 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Might be time for the admins to update the policy for what passes as an ad. My suggestions:

1. Resellers should list trucks in a different area than regular members.
2. Pictures or no ad
Old June 17th, 2015, 02:00 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quoting Devin from his prior 110 listing makes for a nice PSA on Defender imports. Please budget accordingly.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tml#post574013

Solid diesel and shifts smoothly...
Quote:
Incredibly clean left hand drive 110 ready to go. Solid 2.5 n/a diesel starts first turn every time. No smoke. Shifts and drives very smoothly as she should.
Same 110 but a few months and $8k later, the motor continues to require an overhaul...
Quote:
So this truck is still available. I have had the injectors and pump replaced new as it was idling super high and staying high. I also installed brand new transmission (unrelated). The truck, however, still idles very high after an hour or so of drive time and takes approx a minute to settle back down. The shop I use (one of the best around) thinks that the motor, which is a 2.5 na, needs to be overhauled to truly fix the issue. I have spent $8k+ on this truck already in parts and repairs and i do not have the desire or knowledge to complete a motor overhaul and I am not going to overhaul a 2.5 na anyway. I'd rather use it as a boat anchor that it is.
Old June 18th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
Alternatively, an idea might be to have owners who dual list in EBay be moved to the Flea Market and impose a minimum standard (photos of fundamental trouble spots, etc) on for sale threads.
Old June 18th, 2015, 08:20 AM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Slippery slope. For an individual selling his/her truck I buy it. For a dealer(official advertised or just a guy with a license selling multiple vehicles) I think it makes sense to force a legitimate for sale post. The dealers are typically getting higher prices due to the perception that they are more legitimate and knowledgeable and the vehicle has been looked over thoroughly and made ready for a sale. If a dealer can get away with a very slim posting and then a new buyer doesn't know what to ask about or what they're actually looking at then you can guess the rest.

Sure say, due diligence or they can still ask questions and walk away at any time but that isn't going to be as effective as the forum viewing the pics or asking for the right info. There's a reason some previous dealers would only put their top dollar trucks on the forum and leave their $12-20k range trucks on their website.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
110, ac, lhd