KTM 950 adventure beast.. Ready for around the world.. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old September 15th, 2014, 01:18 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

KTM 950 adventure beast.. Ready for around the world..

Well here it is.. I simply don't get time to ride as much as I used to anymore and with new toys coming here soon as well as prepping for a big move...my baby has to go..
Here is my ktm 950 adventure I completely prepared for a round the world trip.. Things changed and my wife and I decided to do it in a land rover instead.. It was built with the best of everything and built for reliability.. I completely went through the engine and did all of the upgrades recommended, new design oil shafts, new water pump impeller and shaft, black dog cycle works side stand relocation and bash plate kit.. high water air filter relocation kit, very expensive accessories relay box that allows you to choose between hard or ignition switched supply. Just installed brand new gel battery.. Has emig racing steering damper and bar risers and pro taper renthal ktm bars, heated grips, staintune stainless exhaust system from Australia and they sound like a vicious dog... hepco Becker gobi bags (all 3) european headlight with hid conversion and european headlight switch allows you to turn the lights off while riding (in case you need to not be seen or to save battery power) lc8 auxiliary spot light system that mounts a HID and a halogen light under the main headlight.. Also a secondary system In case you have a light failure, has auxiliary sockets , powerlet and regular..2 stage heated hand grips.. Corbin seat..removeable dual sport mirrors, GPS ball socket mounts.. Touring windscreen... The list goes on.. This bike is an absolute animal on the street or off... I have personally been power sliding this bike on dirt roads at speeds close to 70 mph and it handles beautifully, will also power slide on the street and then wheelstand all day long.. Trust me, I have gotten the tickets to prove it.. Will do well over 100 mph on street or dirt..has the bad boy super loud air horn system on it also..original paint, this is not a trailer queen fluffy poseur bmw gs 1000 or 1100 .. This is a serious bike..not for a wannabe...interesting trades considered but dreamers need not apply..no cash..no thrash..also this bike is high... I'm 6'2" and can just flatfoot it.. Can be lowered.. Midgets and little men need not bother..).. Call or text ..and you could be ready to head to Africa and beyond..$6000 for a board member..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	102943  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2014, 01:33 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Here's some more pics for your drooling pleasure..

Old September 15th, 2014, 09:07 AM
RiftRover
Mike Barnett

drool....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2014, 09:14 AM
toad
Cutter
None

Drool x2. My riding days are pretty limited now but someone will have fun with this. GLWS
Old September 17th, 2014, 08:13 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

How about some lockers, HD CVs and shafts, maybe a mint Trans Alp....
You just plain know how to stir old habits!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 17th, 2014, 08:59 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

A trans alp... ??. That's like asking if I wanna take a 4 cyl jeep in on trade for my camel 110... Sheeeez..
Old September 17th, 2014, 09:11 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

And don't worry dale.. I won't be getting rid of these any time soon..so it makes the trans alp a bit archaic... Cool but archaic and redundant..

Old September 17th, 2014, 09:18 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Yea, I sold all the big bikes- loved my 640 and the big GS-A for long rides like Newfoundland, Alaska, and Central America. Saw you did the TAT a while back- we should of known each other then ;-)
I kept the TA as it is light and ahhh, seasoned like its owner...
Thinking your 950 might scratch the itch a little better now that the shoulders are new.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 17th, 2014, 09:26 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

I'll tell ya.. The 9 fiddy doesn't just scratch the itch... It rips the skin right freaking off...and I love it.. My ducati 900 elefant is setup for high speed desert riding and I have done quite a few rides through the remoteness of Nevada a few times.. Heavily modified with cr500 redesigned front suspension with 21 inch wheel etc etc and I just finished putting a 944 kit in it with fcr flat slide 41mm carbs on it... And it's an absolute animal also.., but I did Mexico for a couple of months on the 900 elefant and across the USA in the 15 years I've owned it so I will be keeping that one forever... So the fiddy has to go...
Old September 17th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Midgets and little men need not bother..
There have been some midgets and little men who can ride circles around almost any one on a tall bike…

Bump for a great bike - I'd keep the 640 and elefant as well
Old September 18th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Green Blood
Carl Phillips
1988 90- Swiss LHD 2.5 Petrol

I've got an '04 950 and absolutely love it. That's a great price especially considering all the farkles.

Someone is going to get a nice ride here.
Proud restorer and former owner of '94 NAS D90 #590- back in the hands of its original owners.

And now happy owner of a 1988 Swiss-Market D90 Station Wagon.
Old September 18th, 2014, 08:48 AM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Don't let ini88 buy it, all of his KTMs have gotten stolen from outside of his apartment.
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:31 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmuller View Post
Don't let ini88 buy it, all of his KTMs have gotten stolen from outside of his apartment.
NYC Boost HQ will shortly be offering secure bike store facilities ... So ini88 can have his toys again.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:35 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

This bike is not for sale to boost club members..... Buy a BMW gs...
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:42 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Have you seen a long way round?
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:44 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:

Old September 18th, 2014, 10:09 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

While that commute looks like fun I wouldn't like to have to do that every day... And would hate to do it in a car.... And yeah, for that commute I'd preference my 640 with no bags on it..a wee bit more nimble and slimmer...
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:21 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
Have you seen a long way round?
Yep.. And I saw how Charlie whines like a little brat when he couldn't get the ktms he wanted first of all... And I saw how many people were on his entourage, with chefs, caterers, mechanics etc etc.. And I saw how they had to do all that training beforehand and how they BOTH were whining about how hard it was and how they hated the heat and etc etc..and I saw how many troubles they had with the bmws.. And if they aired that many problems with them I shudder to think how many they really had.. I'm sure since BMW had a part in producing the series that they limited footage of too many problems...
Please don't get me wrong, I have watched all of their videos numerous times and am not taking away from their accomplishments, they are both very brave people for taking on those challenges, I just don't believe that it was as challenging and harsh as the videos made it out to be,...there are plenty of ordinary folks who have done and travelled and endured far worse with zero recognition.. I loved the videos because I believe it got people out of their comfort zones and tried something a bit adventurous..even if it may have been short lived..
I will give an example of...one car too far.... Watching that sensationalized crappy "adventure" series speaks examples of what the average viewer believes..
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:26 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Yep.. And I saw how Charlie whines like a little brat when he couldn't get the ktms he wanted first of all... And I saw how many people were on his entourage, with chefs, caterers, mechanics etc etc.. And I saw how they had to do all that training beforehand and how they BOTH were whining about how hard it was and how they hated the heat and etc etc..and I saw how many troubles they had with the bmws.. And if they aired that many problems with them I shudder to think how many they really had.. I'm sure since BMW had a part in producing the series that they limited footage of too many problems... Please don't get me wrong, I have watched all of their videos numerous times and am not taking away from their accomplishments, they are both very brave people for taking on those challenges, I just don't believe that it was as challenging and harsh as the videos made it out to be,...there are plenty of ordinary folks who have done and travelled and endured far worse with zero recognition.. I loved the videos because I believe it got people out of their comfort zones and tried something a bit adventurous..even if it may have been short lived.. I will give an example of...one car too far.... Watching that sensationalized crappy "adventure" series speaks examples of what the average viewer believes..
Then you've seen the part when they desperately want to use 'cool' KTM's and KTM says no as they wouldn't make it ...
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:32 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Yes..and I wonder how far they would have made it without BMWs strong marketing support and backup..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags