Figured I'd toss this one out here, in case any of you guys are looking for an awesome bike. I'd really like to hang on to this one, but my dad turns 60 this year and we're planning a month-long trip out West so I need a bike with some highway legs. I have my eyes on a KTM 990 to replace this.
The bike runs great and really needs nothing but a rider. Located in Central Florida but I have a free ride to CA, NC and MI for anyone far away who may be interested. PM me for more details on that.
2006 640 Adventure - 33,234 miles - $5,500
- FCR41 with PowerNow valve, R&D AP Cover
- Excel Takasago wheels, RAD hubs with rear cush drive, HD SS spokes
- Carbon fiber tank guards
- Cycra BarkBusters
- Pro Moto Billet rear rack
- Pelican 1550
- Highway Dirtbikes brass dampening inserts
- Orange Renthal Fatbars
- KTM anodized brake and clutch reservoir covers
- KTM SMR high front fender
- KTM Handlebar switch
- SW Motech side stand
- Fastway Evo 3 pegs
- Resprung and valved for a 200lb rider
- Guts Racing seat
- GPR Dampener bar mount and post. NO DAMPENER.
- Scott's billet rear disc guard
- Bridgestone ED78 and ED77 tires. I also have TW's I'll throw in.
I'm sure there are other accessories on the bike I'm forgetting, but that's the bulk of them. Oil religiously changed and valves inspected on a regular basis. Cam bearings have been replaced as a cautionary measure. I have a huge box of spares that I'll include as well, like gaskets, filters, the second front brake caliper (which isn't compatible with the RAD front hub), BST40 and a slew of other parts.
The only notable damage on the bike is where it fell over in soft sand and hit the corner of my hitch-hauler. The front of the fairing got a decent gouge in it but the real damage was to the paint on the backside, which is clearly seen in the below photos. Aside from that it's normal wear-and-tear from boots, knee braces and the like.