Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old April 27th, 2009, 09:15 AM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Know this truck?

Anybody know anything about this truck or what the guy wants for it? My buddy is looking for one but hasnt heard back from him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAND-...1%7C240%3A1318
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Aside from the fact that it looks like he made the top himself on a drunken weekend, he doesn't appear eager to mention that the stock cage is MIA. I wouldn't pay more that 8-10 for that thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old April 27th, 2009, 02:59 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

IMO, that thing is ugly, should be added to the ugly thread... Nice styling on the front aux lights.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Retarded. Poor thing needs a good home and to be put back the way it should be. The owner should be shot as well.

Semper Fi!
Old April 27th, 2009, 03:28 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90
IMO, that thing is ugly, should be added to the ugly thread... Nice styling on the front aux lights.
Good call Scott - you want to do the honors?

Old April 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
phoenix37
john

Registry
Ok so tell me how you guys really feel? . Ill let him know he should look to get it cheap or not at all.
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:29 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Aside from the fact that it looks like he made the top himself on a drunken weekend, he doesn't appear eager to mention that the stock cage is MIA. I wouldn't pay more that 8-10 for that thing.
?? I see a ST cage on that truck in a few pics... am I missing something?

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Something looks wrong with the angles of the cage though. I think Jim may be right, it isn't stock. It also looks like the tires are in pretty desperate need of replacement.
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

The cage, at least in the back, is an abomination and not stock. If the front part is factory, it would be a nice POE style conversion canidate.

Overall the thing has been ghettoed up* (flares OMG!), but it looks like a rust free truck (pending better pictures) so you could do a lot worse if it goes cheap.

Ron

*Seats look pretty nice.
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Overall the thing has been ghettoed up* (flares OMG!), but it looks like a rust free truck (pending better pictures) so you could do a lot worse if it goes cheap.

Ron

*Seats look pretty nice.
I was thinking that too. For the right price. It doesn't look like it would be too tough to clean up some of the poor installs/choices. It looks way too low for those tires, it looks like there is VERY little travel before the tires will run into those ridiculous looking homemade garden edging fender flares.
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:11 PM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
ok seriously? I mean, does it really look THAT bad? I don't have an ST so I am not sure what is wrong with the cage and the flares and tires are a bit so so...I am left wondering what makes it soooo bad?

bill
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The cage not being original means the cage has basically no value, and must be replaced with a real cage if you want to fit a decent replacement for that abomination of a kludge soft-top. Most of the rest is bad taste which will also take good money to put right. I'll have to study it further in order to hate on it more!

Old April 28th, 2009, 07:48 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
Good call Scott - you want to do the honors?
Done!

Old April 29th, 2009, 07:03 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Oh, and a missing set of door tops!

Follow-up Post:

And I'm confused as to why the LR script has been re-mounted on the leading edge of the hood.

Old April 29th, 2009, 10:01 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:

And I'm confused as to why the LR script has been re-mounted on the leading edge of the hood.
Because the paint shop that did the repaint work put it in the wrong place because they likley have never seen a Defender before.
We see that one all the time.
My guess is because they are used to Disco crash work and the "land rover" is on the hood on a Disco.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:34 AM
phoenix37
john

Registry
The tribe has spoken. Ive told him to look elsewhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market