Iridium Sat Phones - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old July 20th, 2015, 11:57 PM
bennett
Bennett
'97 Defender 90 Soft Top #1140

Registry
If anyone has an extra one lying around they want to "rent" for a month, pm me. Naturally I'll provide my own SIM card. Need it from Nov 5-Dec 5 for a motorcycle trip through patagonia as an emergency phone. Unless there is an emergency, it wont be coming out of the case, so I'd rather not buy one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2015, 12:02 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett View Post
If anyone has an extra one lying around they want to "rent" for a month, pm me. Naturally I'll provide my own SIM card. Need it from Nov 5-Dec 5 for a motorcycle trip through patagonia as an emergency phone. Unless there is an emergency, it wont be coming out of the case, so I'd rather not buy one
I'm product testing a GO in the next few weeks. You may want to look into that instead of a bulky Sat Phone. It WiFi pairs up with an IPhone and you are making Sat Phone calls with your IPhone. I played with it last week and the sound quality was much better due to the IPhone's superior microphone setup.
Old July 21st, 2015, 12:13 AM
Mpigapicha
phil
1995 Defender D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett View Post
outfittersatellite.com

they rent... etc.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2015, 12:39 AM
bennett
Bennett
'97 Defender 90 Soft Top #1140

Registry
Sure, but to rent one for a month typically costs half of what josh is selling them for
Old July 21st, 2015, 08:46 AM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
I'm product testing a GO in the next few weeks. You may want to look into that instead of a bulky Sat Phone. It WiFi pairs up with an IPhone and you are making Sat Phone calls with your IPhone. I played with it last week and the sound quality was much better due to the IPhone's superior microphone setup.
Dave, interesting to hear. Been following the technology for sure. Looks promising but DOES require you to rely on two devices. You and I get paid to think about failures and redundancies. Let us know how you like it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market