Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old April 4th, 2014, 12:36 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Rust free doesn't make that rear door worthy of the build you are portraying nor does that dash.
As someone who was attacked when selling his 110 I find your position perplexing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2014, 12:46 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

This isn't a for sale thread. It is a flea market discussion about a truck. My 110 was attacked in the flea market as well and guess what it sold anyway as I'm sure this truck will.

I wasn't marketing my 110 as a perfect truck. I did however want to save money so I put a mantec on the back and guess what the door cracked under the weight of the wheel anyway.

I'm not personally attacking you and since you never officially said you build these trucks I'm not sure you should care. I am calling out cut corners on something on the flea market. I'm glad these trucks sell for big money and there is a company out there making money building something they are passionate about. It doesn't mean they are built well or corners weren't cut.

You can argue the merits of the doors, dash, painting the tub with the capping on all day long just as I can argue that the other top restorers would never think of doing any of that.

GLWTS
Old April 4th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

I thought this was a dude pissing on her at first, but then realized it was just another Monday at Neil's! It was suppose to be a pissing match picture but it doesn't seem to be that at all??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-933270621.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	92377  
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by draaronr View Post
The 90 has the real svx front end. It was a super clean 97 not a kick of rust anywhere that's the reason it has original doors. I have over 70 new doors if they have even a pinch of rust I sell them to guys on here.
Are you affiliated with Himalaya?

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old April 4th, 2014, 01:05 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
I thought this was a dude pissing on her at first, but then realized it was just another Monday at Neil's! It was suppose to be a pissing match picture but it doesn't seem to be that at all??
So when is the next party?
Old April 4th, 2014, 01:49 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
I don't think that is a dude.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 03:52 AM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

A little late to the party I guess, but my thought is everything you do to a truck should make it better. My vin bracket is rusty so I am going to take it off and sand it and paint it. It can look like a vin swap but at least it won't look rusty.

Defenders are awesome, that's why I spend the time and the money to have land rovers but at the same time I know just because it says land rover on the part doesn't make it perfect. Just because it is original doesn't make it better. If there is a better/stronger part out there, use it!

If someone wants to spend $150k on that Escalade/Defender I say hooray but that doesn't mean I won't call them a douche bag and point out the six million ways I could have built a better truck for half that.

A bit of advice for whomever is building these trucks; 22" Spinners would tie the room together nicely.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:18 PM
defenderholty
Russell
1985 LR Ninety 200tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockShow View Post
A little late to the party I guess, but my thought is everything you do to a truck should make it better. My vin bracket is rusty so I am going to take it off and sand it and paint it. It can look like a vin swap but at least it won't look rusty.

Defenders are awesome, that's why I spend the time and the money to have land rovers but at the same time I know just because it says land rover on the part doesn't make it perfect. Just because it is original doesn't make it better. If there is a better/stronger part out there, use it!

If someone wants to spend $150k on that Escalade/Defender I say hooray but that doesn't mean I won't call them a douche bag and point out the six million ways I could have built a better truck for half that.

A bit of advice for whomever is building these trucks; 22" Spinners would tie the room together nicely.
Dude, nicely put.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:33 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
Are you affiliated with Himalaya?
This has never really been stated by either party. Donnie of Donnie's Transport Service who delivers for Aaron will tell you all about the trucks that "Aaron and Mark" are building. Himalaya will refer to to a shop in Wilmington as their "Wilmington Facility" but not Aaron's or Ospreycustom or GB4x4 LLC(which I don't think exist anymore).

I doubt either will ever say outright that they have any type of business partnership.

But I'd guess this post pisses somebody off and get moderated.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 09:08 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
My point being that if he is a vendor and especially if related to the topic in question it is expected that this information be made public when posting. It is preferred that all businesses be listed as vendors.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:39 AM
JQ11
JQ
97 Black ST - SOLD

Registry
Looks like it's now listed as no reserve - bidding amazingly to $80+K in first two hours last night:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...-/111357682467

Hope this isn't one of those "no reserve" auctions that is closed right before the end and is relisted a few weeks later.
Old May 20th, 2014, 01:08 AM
eco 45
Scott Oncken
running or non?

He had his friends bid it up in the $100K range last time and now it is up for auction yet again. Think he is doing a little fishing hoping someone panics and jumps in on the bidding so they don't "miss out".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Land-Ro...p2047675.l2557

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ11 View Post
Looks like it's now listed as no reserve - bidding amazingly to $80+K in first two hours last night:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...-/111357682467

Hope this isn't one of those "no reserve" auctions that is closed right before the end and is relisted a few weeks later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sisters, OR
541-550-6300
eco 45 on all forums
Old May 20th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco 45 View Post
He had his friends bid it up in the $100K range last time and now it is up for auction yet again. Think he is doing a little fishing hoping someone panics and jumps in on the bidding so they don't "miss out".
Damn, that is lame.

This is my favorite picture

"Hey, we should create a badly photoshopped selling footnote photo with our crap streaking through NYC traffic. And, lets make sure there is no driver."
Old June 1st, 2014, 10:15 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Holy shit the wheels are shopped too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market