Ex Military LR Auctions in Canada - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 6th, 2013, 05:46 AM
robin craig
Robin Craig
Ex Military LR Auctions in Canada

I have searched the forum a few different ways and found nothing but apologies in advance if this is a duplication in any way.

The British army runs a very large training base in Suffield, Alberta, Canada commonly known as BATUS ( British Army Training Unit Suffield).

By way of background info, there has over the years been a sell off of vehicles that is an on and off again and back on again cycle without logic. Some years they send everything back to the UK for disposal, others it gets auctioned off through the Canadian Federal government disposal process by Crown Assets.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle a couple of years ago as ITAR kicked in and was misunderstood it would seem.

I'm sure some of the big boys here in long pants know all about it, but I figured I would post for the newbies among us like myself.

Sometimes you see the trailers, sometimes not.

Frankly you will for the most part based on experience, find it is a fairly futile effort to phone up the reps listed against the vehicles, they are just selling the junk for the Brits.

From experience the BATUS vehicles lead a hard life and some are for the most part utterly shagged when they come out but you do see some diamonds in the rough.

Strangely in the last year there seems to have been a bit more care put in to the description of the particular vehicle being sold. I think previous buyers have bought a bill of goods and have complained or threatened litigation.

Have a look around the site, the nice function is you see what has sold and for what money.

If you have a penchant for bigger vehicles, the Bedford and DAF trucks also sell, one went for $3500 or close the other week.

Importation into the US of A has been well discussed on the forum before by others.

Within Canada it is very easy to road register these vehicles.

Here is a link http://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&vndsld=0

Have fun

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market