ECR fresh NAS 110 rebuild with 300tdi, $160,000 - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old March 10th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Firefighter2904
jason
97 d-90

hi Barry,

it ended up going back to ECR. They found a clamp that was loose that held the cable in place. I am still not sure where exactly this clamp is. But shes good as new!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2011, 07:25 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Right Foot

oops

------ Follow up post added March 9th, 2011 11:50 PM ------

Sept 09. I don't want to be
You're so useful so far.
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:17 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter2904
hi Barry,

it ended up going back to ECR. They found a clamp that was loose that held the cable in place. I am still not sure where exactly this clamp is. But shes good as new!
It sounded like it could be something like that. That's great it was an easy fix. Sucks you had to ship it to get it fixed but great it is back on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2011, 10:01 AM
rogersta
Drew Rogers
1993 NAS D110 #51

Didn't take long for that to sell! And they said the economy was in the toilet!
Old March 11th, 2011, 05:28 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

xxxx
Old March 11th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
links back to the page we are already on. what are you trying to say ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin View Post
Old March 13th, 2011, 02:26 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersta View Post
Didn't take long for that to sell! And they said the economy was in the toilet!
I think you're forgetting the targeted client base for these types of trucks. The strength of the economy is generally not a factor for the folks who purchase at this level. At least, that would be my take.
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:27 AM
stage1v8
Steve Lubin
stage 1 V8 in progress

These trucks are very nice. What island did this one go to? Last year I saw an NAS 110 in the Virgin Islands. It was not as rusted as you would think.
Old March 14th, 2011, 07:49 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stage1v8 View Post
These trucks are very nice. What island did this one go to? Last year I saw an NAS 110 in the Virgin Islands. It was not as rusted as you would think.
Headed to Nantucket to a rare (for us at least) female owner.
We had one customer with a NAS 110 in the Cayman Islands, but that truck is back in the US now.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:23 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Its on my "always wanted to" list. I think it would be really cool. It would need to have a few different angles though so that it would show unloading the container, tear down, paint work, assembly and all. Someday I want a promotional video as cool as TLC's. The one they have is awesome (and I just like their stuff anyway).
Mike I absolutely love your work. Having own both LR's and Toyota's I can really appreciate what makes these trucks so great. I also love TLC's stuff but I prefer reading through your website/build better. I am about to cut the cord and as soon as I am finish restoring my 110, Consuela will be going up for sale, along with Svetlana. I just gotta dedicate more time to my Land Rovers. Looking forward to more build pics and videos!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old March 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
stage1v8
Steve Lubin
stage 1 V8 in progress

I love the brown truck with the NAS cage on your site as it combines old and new styling. Can I assume it is the same truck that is on the http://www.jakewright.com/ website? I saw it while searching for a Stage 1. They mention that they sent it to their US agent. Is that ECR?

It is hard to tell on some of the restorations what is original and what is new. I can see you do most things in house. Do you ever restore these trucks in the UK and then ship them here for the final touches? I would think based on cost it would be better to do the work in the UK, ship the truck here for the cage and VIN. Isn't that what they did with the POE trucks. They came here with no tops and were finished at the port.

Also what is the deal with the truck that Wet Foot listed? I would think if the opportunity arose to buy these two trucks that are already in the US and are on galvanized frames it would make the most sense. You can buy them, take the bodies off, paint them, and then put the appropriate parts on to make them NAS "restorations" and everyone is happy. When you are dealing with replacing every single part you have to do it in a cost effective way.

I just wish there were supply like this for the stage 1 trucks. Being how much changed it really isn't an option to rebuild to new spec.
Old March 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Headed to Nantucket to a rare (for us at least) female owner.
We had one customer with a NAS 110 in the Cayman Islands, but that truck is back in the US now.
When I first started with LR, back in '01, we bought and sold a NAS 110 that had spent it's entire life to that point in Puerto Rico. I can't remember what number it was now (I have pics of it somewhere). It belonged to the gentleman who owned the LR dealership down there in PR (rather his family I believe). Nice guy. The 110 req'd a ton of work though............

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old March 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
I love the brown truck with the NAS cage on your site as it combines old and new styling. Can I assume it is the same truck that is on the http://www.jakewright.com/ website? I saw it while searching for a Stage 1. They mention that they sent it to their US agent. Is that ECR?
Quite some years ago we thought that importing UK spec 110s would be a good side business. We purchased and imported 2 from Jake Wright. One was the Brown one (now owned by someone on this forum) and a Green one (now owned by another on this forum). It didn't work out really, so we never imported anything else from them. By the time they fixed them up and we fixed them up the costs were well above what other US places were selling imported 110s for, so we gave up on the idea. We sold 2 109 SIII Wagons they had built up on consignment for them, but then the Series market kinda took a digger, so that ended that.
Jake Wright are very nice folks though.

There are lots of ROW trucks in the USA. I just got an email from a member of this board with a brand new Puma 110 for sale (we didn't buy it). We have had a few of those in here for service though, as well as that one that needs the V8 conversion. Most had Neve Overland or Foley plates on them, so I guess those must the guys building them in the UK and they must have US agents for selling them. Perhaps you can find out who that is.

We haven't imported any trucks since the Brown 110 and Green 110 way back when, it just hasn't been worth the time.

Old March 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM
stage1v8
Steve Lubin
stage 1 V8 in progress

Is the puma the same one listed on craigslist with the mismatched wheels?

When you do the full restores do you stick to alpine white as they originally came or do you go for a more modern color like alaska white?
Old March 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Is the puma the same one listed on craigslist with the mismatched wheels?

When you do the full restores do you stick to alpine white as they originally came or do you go for a more modern color like alaska white?
No, different unit. There are many around though. They are nearly as common as Pruis's (or Prii).

Old March 14th, 2011, 03:39 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

But how many priussss are there that are built on hummer platforms?
Old March 14th, 2011, 03:46 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
But how many priussss are there that are built on hummer platforms?
Just Gustavo's Prius.
Old March 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by draaronr View Post
Just Gustavo's Prius.
I have driven Gustavo's red "prius' before the body work, cage, decent tires. Pretty sure a prius could take him from a light, on a straight, in a turn, or anywhere there is pavement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 14th, 2011, 05:56 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

What about where there is no pavement?
Old March 14th, 2011, 06:04 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yeah, but could a Prius go from 0 to 10mph in just under 40 seconds?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
110, 300tdi, ecr, nas, nas 110, rebuild, tdi