Old August 29th, 2015, 08:24 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Guessing the tool in Ohio was reaching for the name Jim Pendleton and got confused with a bag of grass seed.
The posted the same truck many months ago and when I sent them a note about it they said I wasn't the first. Haha. I'm just confused why they repeated the mistake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 29th, 2015, 08:57 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Premiere "Part" Place. Singular. He hopes to work up to inventing "2" parts soon! Unreal. That red truck he's selling certainly needs more help that just 1 part.
HA, very true. This page also makes me laugh, as he appears to have 0 parts available, but there's some kinda super "flash" sale going on right now.

Land Rover Defender Parts
Old August 29th, 2015, 09:39 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Let's give them some slack. Nice overall website most likely built by others. Built with a vision of where they want to be, not where starting out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 29th, 2015, 12:53 PM
DCRovers
Pim
1995 Range Rover Classic SWB

AHHH THE NAS community on a roll again! Nothing but negativity!!!! Hence why i gave up on this forum a long time ago…

Also you might want to closely read the ebay listing… It is specified, plus i rather show honest images of honest trucks than bondo over things, which is half the trucks i see around here.

This really is a sad place…
Old August 29th, 2015, 01:03 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRovers View Post
AHHH THE NAS community on a roll again! Nothing but negativity!!!! Hence why i gave up on this forum a long time ago…

Also you might want to closely read the ebay listing… It is specified, plus i rather show honest images of honest trucks than bondo over things, which is half the trucks i see around here.

This really is a sad place…
In

Old August 29th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
Quote:
AHHH THE NAS community on a roll again! Nothing but negativity!!!! Hence why i gave up on this forum a long time ago… Also you might want to closely read the ebay listing… It is specified, plus i rather show honest images of honest trucks than bondo over things, which is half the trucks i see around here. This really is a sad place…
He says with a total of 8 postings... Lots of folks with ROW trucks here.... Just keep "giving up" and go cry home to momma... As a vendor there are ways to maintain a public image and answer a complaint/issue. You really need to learn them... If you had been on this board for any length of time, you would see great examples of it...

But what do I know, I'm too busy trying to keep my truck from falling apart from all the bondo on it.
Old August 29th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

So the website is aspirational. That's ok. Others have had lousy sites and preferred to use this forum to sell stuff as it comes in rather than via the website.
Both ways work but the lousy website approach with FS posts here probably works best and does better to improve standing.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old August 29th, 2015, 01:32 PM
javelinadave
-
-

It's like he hired a werwolf to do his PR work.
Old August 29th, 2015, 01:35 PM
DCRovers
Pim

Well aware that there are lots of folks on here with ROW trucks, like i said before, we service quite a few of them in the Metro DC area.

Yes, our website is well behind, sorry we tend to be extremely busy during the summer months and only a small group of guys. It simply takes a while to learn all that is required to have a full fledged internet cart operational. I have for your pleasure removed, the "flash sale" banister to prevent any future confusion.

We of course gladly receive your phone calls and email orders, and can give you competitive rates for the North American market.

Surely Arcadeus, we are more mature than momma sayings, we must uphold ourselves to higher standards!

I just sadly do not have time for the forums, especially when said forum has nothing positive to say, as allot of our time is spent servicing trucks and restoring them during the winter months.

Customers who do buy trucks off of me, get excellent customer service at deeply discounted labor rates 1/4 of what the local shops around here charge.

Then again guys/gals, there is a freewill and a bondo truck for you out there, id rather just be honest and frank about the things i sell.

Keep Rovering on!

------ Follow up post added August 29th, 2015 01:40 PM ------

AAAAAUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWW
Old August 29th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
AHHH THE NAS community on a roll again! Nothing but negativity!!!! Hence why i gave up on this forum a long time ago… Also you might want to closely read the ebay listing… It is specified, plus i rather show honest images of honest trucks than bondo over things, which is half the trucks i see around here. This really is a sad place…
Is there a "p" at the end of your name?
Otherwise it should as you are acting like one

50% of the Metro DC defenders are ROW, many of those owners were NAS owner and many of those guys will rescue the new owner one of your GORGEOUS vehicles when they breakdown at the corner of your house

So all n all, we are more helpful than pricks, we just can't imagine what drives ads like yours, so we have a little fun, and reactions like yours, helps our fun rather than you

Have a nice day ( alla NJ )
Old August 29th, 2015, 03:01 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Dude, you see a few negative comments and call this a sad board? You're talking about the internet. Putting out an idiosyncratic for sale ad is bound to invite commentary. No need to act like a misunderstood artist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old August 29th, 2015, 03:06 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
I took a close look at the Ebay ad...

"The bulkhead itself is in above average shape aside from the corners as usual for this age car."

Isn't that kinda like saying Al Capone was a fine upstanding citizen, aside from his racketeering?

I'm just sayin'...
Old August 29th, 2015, 03:31 PM
DCRovers
Pim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Is there a "p" at the end of your name?
Otherwise it should as you are acting like one

50% of the Metro DC defenders are ROW, many of those owners were NAS owner and many of those guys will rescue the new owner one of your GORGEOUS vehicles when they breakdown at the corner of your house

So all n all, we are more helpful than pricks, we just can't imagine what drives ads like yours, so we have a little fun, and reactions like yours, helps our fun rather than you

Have a nice day ( alla NJ )

I think you might be putting words in to the wrong context, i never said "pricks" nor would i ever condone such vulgarities! I am of course always grateful that the Defender community is such a helpful one, albeit often overtly opinionated! Cars sadly do break down, but then again like this morning, i gladly meet my customers and help them out with roadside assistance if within reasonable driving distance. Surely, i do not sell Virginia Inspected trucks that cannot make it to the end of my street corner, as i do not have a inspection station in my street.

Then again this country is full of divisive opinions and only WRONG and RIGHT! Hence the two party political system, which is a joke!

Could you please specify where i said GORGEOUS, i am curious? I found that i was rather honest, specified what the cost would be to have something fixed, could you please provide me another defender ad that does this?

You have a blessed day too and thank you for the interest.

------ Follow up post added August 29th, 2015 03:36 PM ------

Also guys please read the whole ad: I quote directly--->

1. Bulkhead repair cost: $1000 (wings and glass panel has to be removed in order to have proper access)

2. Rear Cappings on the side: $1000 includes $600 galvanized cappings - 'do it once to it right' (the roof had to be lifted up to replace the cappings)

3. Rear headlight surrounds $125 (same time as cappings)

4. Doors: $770 a piece for galvanized doors + $35 for door lock set (front two are the worst)

5. Interior door panels: (4 required) run you $150 a piece for decent quality ones.
Old August 29th, 2015, 06:30 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Don't let comments get under your skin and remove yourself from a large and active Defender group. Besides, think about all the vendors we support with this sickness we share. Make it out to HH with one of your imports. Sharing a few pints of 90 minute dogfish goes a long way at making amends.
Old August 29th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
^^^this^^^
Old August 29th, 2015, 07:15 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
^^^this^^^
That^x2
Old August 29th, 2015, 09:10 PM
pl626
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
That^x2
Thrice ^x3

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old August 29th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
You NoVA guys and IPAs. Yuck.

Semper Fi!
Old August 29th, 2015, 09:33 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
You NoVA and IPAs. Yuck.
Do civilized human beings actually drink anything other than IPAs these days?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old August 29th, 2015, 10:04 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Do civilized human beings actually drink anything other than IPAs these days?
Yes we do.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
ebay