Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old May 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Don't think so - I think he's just a copycat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2015, 02:16 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Back on the market and ready for the Land Rovers that Suck thread.

1993 Land Rover Defender 110 G4 Edition

1993 Land Rover Defender 110 G4 Edition - $126,200 (Lake Tahoe)

1993 land rover defender 110

odometer: 24152

paint color : orange

See detailed Photos at: 1993 Land Rover Defender 110 G4 Edition for sale #1743555 | Hemmings Motor News

OFF-ROAD ELEGANCE

Year: 1993
Make: Land Rover
Model: Defender 110 NAS G4 Edition
Other: Rare #73 of 500 produced
VIN: SALDH1285PA918150
Title: Clear

Transmission: Manual
Engine: 300Tdi (Turbocharged Diesel Fuel Injected) 2.5 liter Powerhouse
Drive: 4WD/AWD
Mileage: 24,152 (Est.)
Exterior Color: Orange
Interior Color: Gray
Trim: Special G4 Challenge
Seats: 9 Passengers 5dr Wagon

Located in Incline Village, NV. I'm making room in my collection for a new toy. You are buying the Defender 110 and I'm throwing in the $10,000 custom designed Land Rover Series-based G4 expedition trailer with matching paint, featuring a fresh water tank, stove, and storage closet. It uses a custom built universal-joint hitch with harness and adapter.

For you collectors and off-road enthusiasts, this rugged and classic SUV has been extensively modified in a G4 Challenge Off-Road style. No expense was spared with great attention to detail both inside and out. It was completely disassembled and a frame off re-spray in G4 Edition Orange was completed. All the glass has been taken out and reinstalled with tint throughout. All doorjambs, window frames and engine bay were meticulously painted. British 4x4 spent the last six months turning this truck inside out and perfecting it further with new paint and pin striping. To keep road noise down and also help keep the interior cool, Dynamat was installed.

The SUV was re-engineered to be extremely capable whether on the trail, the beach, or trekking through the mountains. Modified suspension with new bushings, shocks and towers. Front and rear differentials serviced. New 16" Alloy Wheels (Truck and trailer). A Land Rover 300Tdi turbocharged diesel engine was installed and married up with the R380 5-speed transmission in January of 2000. The mileage was 23,180 when we replaced the gauges. We went through this engine with a fine tooth comb, tuned it to perfection and it runs beautifully with good power and amazing torque. The diesel conversion boasts wonderful performance at 20 mpg with good handling and on road manners. This bad boy can be run on Diesel, Bio-diesel or Veggie oil. We even installed a block heater for cold environments.

Most of the electrical system inside and out was replaced. A complete front end conversion was completed with Hella Vision HID headlamps, 50" (288W) and 20" (120W) dual row LED light bars, LED fogs, rear LED working lights. LED running and marker lights throughout. The winch was rebuilt with a new fairlead.

The interior is excellent, features an Alacantara headliner, and extra switching neatly integrated into the stock controls. We completely replaced the dashboard with a custom brushed aluminum look and all new top-of-the-line gauges, including multifunction digital GPS. An amazing Kenwood entertainment with CD and Bluetooth +IPod and new speakers we integrated throughout. New dual stage seat heaters in front, and three point shoulder belts installed in the rear fold down seats for safety. We also added Defender folding side steps with rubber tread. Not pictured or currently installed, but included is the custom expedition roof rack and four black wheels if you want to change its look to be more rugged.

This Defender has tens of thousands in upgrades. Modifications include:

Air conditioning
Power Steering with new leather steering wheel
Land Rover 300Tdi turbocharged diesel
Land rover R380 5-speed transmission
2:1 transfer case
Front and Rear Lockers
Safari Guard bumper
Rock sliders
Built-in Air tank and ARB compressor
Integrated on-board Premier Power Arc Welder for off-road repairs
Custom seating throughout
Locking Tuffy center console
Rear tire mount with 285/75/R16 Goodyear M/Ts
Custom expedition roof rack
Custom front bumper with Warn 9000 winch with poly rope
Interior safari cage
Kenwood Entertainment with CD and Bluetooth +IPod

This Defender 110 needs nothing, it has been treated and maintained with care and is ready to go!!! Please feel free to email me if I can answer any of your questions.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00X0X_j3klypa9v9X_600x450.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	121704  
Old May 27th, 2015, 02:18 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I wouldn't pay a penny over $126K for that truck...too bad they want $126,200.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2015, 02:27 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
More details on the truck below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
93 NAS 110 has a digital odometer? And then they went back to analog in 94? Seriously? I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

------ Follow up post added January 13th, 2013 12:41 PM ------

Care to retract your statement?
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/INFOD110.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathon View Post
i bought the truck out of texas and thats what it had in it when i purchased it
i would never mess with miles on a car and don't appreciate josh's comment
kermit might have changed odometer when he swapped to the 300tdi motor or previous owner in texas could have changed odo
Funny how when it was sold to you, the listing clearly stated that the miles on Kermit's Defender 110 73/500 (vin SALDH1285PA918150 ) were unknown, and the Carfax and Autocheck show it as having 200k miles all the way back in 2005, but somehow when you went to go sell it, you listed it as having how many miles? Exactly. haha

http://www.fordofkirkland.com/autoch...DH1285PA918150

eBay 1993 D110 - Defender Source

eBay 1993 D110 - Defender Source

Listing from when you bought it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay February 2012
Description

The ENGINE in above description is INCORRECT and was autofilled from the specs noted by the VIN. Vehicle has been converted to a 300 TDI! I purchased this a couple of years ago from the original owner. It runs and drives great but my interests have moved in other directions and she deserves someone who will put her to better use! Exact mileage is unknown because the vehicle was converted to the coveted 300 TDI diesel & R380 transmission around 1999. Seats have been upgraded to leather Range Rover seats both front & rear. Rearmost jumpseats have been removed but will be included with purchase.Full-sized spare is now on the hood or 'bonnet' and the wheels/tires on the trailer are fully interchangeable if you get in a bind in the backwoods!The vehicle operates in full-time 4wd and has a fully locking transfer case and ARB lockers front & rear for serious conditions.The nerf bars are air-tank capable and a power welder & air compressor are located under the passenger seat.300 TDI diesel engineR380 transmissionFront & Rear ARB air lockersRange Rover leather interiorRear interior diamond platedTuffy locking consoleFront expedition bumper/brush guard with winch & Kinetic recovery lineRear expedition bumper with receiver hitchFull safari roof rack with 20g auxiliary fuel tank7 Hella off road lamps, including pencil beam in the middleRear roof mounted work lampSnorkle200 amp alternatorPower welderRear auxiliary AC unitBack seat auxiliary heaterRear spare tire cover hides a hidden rear storage box Matching chuck wagon trailer was built from a another RoverFully articulated hitch for offroadingOversized tires & rims match Defender and can be swapped to vehicle in case of emergencyFresh water tankSinkPropane clampStove topand extrasThis thing has it all! I am a motivated seller with clear title, don't hesitate to contact me with questions, serious offers, etc.I reserve the right to end the auction early should this sell through other channels.
Old May 27th, 2015, 02:52 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Why do people think they can get Copley money without being Copley (or another high end dealer). A Copley vehicle likely has several thousands in sorting before it goes up for sale and then has a kind of after-sale support that you're not going to get from a private seller. This is kind of like looking up your car on KBB and trying to sell it for the retail price. Only much worse.

Old May 27th, 2015, 03:04 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Why do people think they can get Copley money without being Copley (or another high end dealer). A Copley vehicle likely has several thousands in sorting before it goes up for sale and then has a kind of after-sale support that you're not going to get from a private seller. This is kind of like looking up your car on KBB and trying to sell it for the retail price. Only much worse.
Jim quit thinking logically. You're supposed to be blinded by the orange paint and the LED bar and just hand over whatever figure of money they're asking.
Old May 27th, 2015, 04:04 PM
jason1st
Jason Crandall
2006 LR3 2012 SC 1983 110

Quote:
What's Copley?
Old May 27th, 2015, 04:18 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
http://www.copleymotorcars.com

Have a look, but you should be sitting down!;-)
Old May 27th, 2015, 04:19 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I actually saw this shit turd on the road in LA when it was still here.

Such an abortion. Well I guess then it would be red. Still it was horrible.
Old May 28th, 2015, 12:05 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
It says it's a G4 edition. If I'm not mistaken, G4 was not introduced until 2003. About the time LR and Camel ended their collaboration.

As I sit here at work with a G4 pen in my pocket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-713946586.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	121741  
Old May 28th, 2015, 07:40 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisC View Post
It says it's a G4 edition. If I'm not mistaken, G4 was not introduced until 2003. About the time LR and Camel ended their collaboration. As I sit here at work with a G4 pen in my pocket.
It also says it has only 24,000 miles, so I'm not sure they're all that concerned with accuracy.
Old May 28th, 2015, 08:50 AM
jason1st
Jason Crandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Copley Motorcars

Have a look, but you should be sitting down!;-)
The original comment about Copley is they command a high price because of the service they provide. What service would they provide me if I'm not in the same state as them?

I'm not following what's wrong with the Defender mentioned in this thread?
Old May 28th, 2015, 09:01 AM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Besides its odometer going backwards, The crazy price tag, calling it a G4?
Old May 28th, 2015, 09:03 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1st View Post
I'm not following what's wrong with the Defender mentioned in this thread?
Probably nothing other than a few getting their panties wadded up b/c of one forum member purchasing it from another, painted it orange with flair, vague sales ad that dropped >175,000 miles off the chassis, and flipped for what appears to be a healthy profit. Looks like this will be the rigs second transaction post orange paint.

Here was the rig when Kermit tried to sell it: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ler-18992.html
And again: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...bay-22490.html
There are several more threads.
Thinking this is the initial ad after Jonathan painted it orange: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ler-44316.html
It has bounced around on consignment a few times too: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ain-55004.html
When the matching trailer sold separately: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...0-a-35990.html
Jonathan was clear with his intensions on few threads: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...0-a-29342.html
Lots of history...
Old May 28th, 2015, 09:15 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

This NAS sold for $39k when it was listed at $45k on eBay back when this thread started. If I would have known the seller, seemed like a decent guy, would take $6k less only a day into his eBay auction, I would have saved you all the pain (or joy if you are Josh) of tracking this 110 on its quest towards $200k, Boosts, and turning honest men into liars (or liars into liars). Oh well, ya don't ask, you don't get....
Old May 28th, 2015, 09:47 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1st View Post
The original comment about Copley is they command a high price because of the service they provide. What service would they provide me if I'm not in the same state as them? I'm not following what's wrong with the Defender mentioned in this thread?
I think you'd be surprised. By service, I mean standing behind their sales to a point that seems positively old-school.

Old May 28th, 2015, 09:54 AM
jason1st
Jason Crandall

Quote:
I think you'd be surprised. By service, I mean standing behind their sales to a point that seems positively old-school.
That's great and I'm glad there are people like that. But.......

Aside from the back story on this Defender I can tell you right now that to build a Defender like this and it's NAS would cost someone a lot more than $125K.
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:35 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Probably nothing other than a few getting their panties wadded up
Dude you're creeping me out. How'd you know I was wearing panties??!
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:44 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Dude you're creeping me out. How'd you know I was wearing panties??!
Well, you're married now! Comes with the territory.
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:45 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
While I have not purchased from Copley, I have two data points to know this is true.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
110, d110, ebay