http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4580002944.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Nice truck, I question removing both airbags.. but I'd still drive it any day.
Old July 24th, 2014, 09:50 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Nice truck, I question removing both airbags.. but I'd still drive it any day.
I like that dashboard. It even shows the Glow Plugs warning light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
I hear that, it's a nice dash/build and I love the passenger side grab handle. I just don't think it'd pass inspections here in VT.
Old July 24th, 2014, 09:52 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
For Posterity

1995 Land Rover Discovery 1 300 TDI 5-speed manual (7 passenger). Arles Blue w/ white roof, Gray interior. A/C is fully functional after swap and is cold! This Discovery 1 has a new re-stained dash w/ no airbags, no ABS. The gauges read in KM/H as this has all the correct glow plug lights and no unleaded logo. This Rover has ZERO rust issues. The doors and frame have been coated with Crest Honey Coat. Truck was repainted in 2012. No body damage or dents, and again, no rust. Headliner and interior are in great condition. This truck has no sunroof (bonus as it has no leaks)! It has a cloth interior and 94 style manual seats.

Have all documents on the conversion. Some of photos show truck with white wheels, they are now a semi-matte black to match the hood blackout decal.

Truck will get just over to just under 30mpg on hwy depending on how you drive it! No electronics to go wrong, all mechanical diesel. Perfect "Prepper" or "Bug out" vehicle! Strong 4x4, very off-road capable. Low-range and center locking diff.

Professionally converted in 2011 from V8 to 300 TDI by Cityside garage located in Holliston, MA. http://www.citysidegarage.com/ TDI had 78K when installed and has covered just over 22K since conversion.

Engine:
New Dayco Timing belt kit, new injectors, glow plugs, glow plug timer, new tensioner bearing, water pump, lift pump, PS pump, power steering box, all belts and hoses were replaced, silicone turbo hoses, new rear main seal and front cam seal, new battery June 2014, rebuilt injector pump, rebuilt alternator, full stainless steel exhaust, new engine and gearbox mounts. New Mantec snorkel!

Drivetrain:
New rear U-joint style driveshaft. Rebuilt double cardan front driveshaft with aluminum adapter. F swivel balls filled with one-shot grease. All new wheel bearings, races, and hub seals, freshly packed. All but rear shaft were done Spring 2014 along with brake overhaul.

Gearbox:
New clutch kit, resurfaced flywheel, throw out bearing and fork lever.

Brakes:
All new remanufactured brake calipers, brake rotors, and Ferodo brake pads on all four corners. +40mm stainless steel brake lines F&R. Fresh fluid. Brake overhaul done Spring 2014.

Suspension:
Brand new OME Heavy Duty springs F&R, new OME Nitrocharger shocks F&R, new F tubular shock towers, new Terrafirma lowered rear upper shock mounts, new F&R spring retainers, all installed Winter 2013.

General:
Safety Devices low profile roof rack w/ custom matte aluminum diamond plate (removable)! New rear door ladder. 5 new wolf military steel wheels, BFG A/T's 235/85R16. Rovertym rock sliders with extra side step and Rovertym winch bumper w/ steering guard. UK spec trailer mount (not currently installed). New gaskets on rear windows. Saudi Spec Front Grill! Hood blackout decal. Rear CB antenna mount and RG-58 coax ran to behind passenger dash, ready for radio/antenna install.

Interior:
All 5 doors have new actuators. Front doors have new window lift arms. Both front seats have new Exmoor Trim foam. All door handles have been replaced. New dash was installed and re-stained due to typical dash curl. Full set of matching factory seat covers. New ignition key tumbler, custom rear load space mat, and new rear aluminum door panel. New clutch and brake pedal pads. Entire floorpan has been covered with Monstaliner in matching grey color.

Lots of extra parts included: a set of matching front seats no rips or tears. All 4 door panels, all 4 windows and rails etc. rear wiper motor and arm, door actuators, A/C heater controls, plastic sill trim, door locks and hinges, extra switches and dash parts, etc. Have receipts for pretty much everything!

This truck is well known within the Rover community. Several can vouch for the quality and attention to detail that went into it, so you can buy with confidence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	99288   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	99289  

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	99290   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	99291  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	99292   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	99293  

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	99294   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	99295  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	99296   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	99297  

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	99298   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	99299  

Old July 24th, 2014, 09:56 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
I hear that, it's a nice dash/build and I love the passenger side grab handle. I just don't think it'd pass inspections here in VT.
According to Wikipedia:

On 11 July 1984, the US government amended Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 208 (FMVSS 208) to require cars produced after 1 April 1989 to be equipped with a passive restraint for the driver. An airbag or a seat belt would meet the requirements of the standard. Airbag introduction was stimulated by the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.[60] However, airbags were not mandatory on light trucks until 1997.[61]

In 1998, FMVSS 208 was amended to require dual front airbags, and de-powered, or second-generation airbags were also mandated. This was due to the injuries caused by first-generation airbags, though FMVSS 208 continues to require that bags be engineered and calibrated to be able to "save" the life of an unbelted 50th-percentile size and weight "male" crash test dummy. Technical performance and validation requirements for the inflator assembly used in airbag modules are specified in SAE USCAR 24-2.

Old July 24th, 2014, 10:01 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
This D1 would be ideal. Just not at that price. But thinking it would be impossible to register in Loudoun Co. Has anyone know if a Tdi registered in Loudoun or Fairfax County?
Old July 24th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Yeah but up here in the lovely state of communist russia*vermont, if a vehicle came with *insert safety item here* it still needs to be there.
Old July 24th, 2014, 10:09 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
You can always negotiate price.

The missing SRS shouldn't be an issue if it's pre-1997, right?

Old July 24th, 2014, 10:15 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Fairly certain you need to go a little west or south of Fairfax/Loudoun to counties that don't require emissions testing yet. I register mine from Wintergreen to avoid the hassle every two years.

Clay
Old July 24th, 2014, 11:18 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Yeah but up here in the lovely state of communist russia*vermont, if a vehicle came with *insert safety item here* it still needs to be there.
Take a dry erase marker and write SRS on the dash and steering wheel before inspection.

------ Follow up post added July 24th, 2014 10:20 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
This D1 would be ideal. Just not at that price. But thinking it would be impossible to register in Loudoun Co. Has anyone know if a Tdi registered in Loudoun or Fairfax County?
How do they perform the emissions testing?
By me the simply hook up their computer to the OBDII port and run their test/check things out. This means all OBDI(94-95) D1's are exempt from emissions testing.
Old July 24th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
How do they perform the emissions testing?
By me the simply hook up their computer to the OBDII port and run their test/check things out. This means all OBDI(94-95) D1's are exempt from emissions testing.
They do diesel testing. 95 will not have an OBD port but "A Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) less than 8,501 lbs., (if GVWR is not available, empty and gross weights will be used)" means that you will have an inspection. If it is registered as a diesel already, DMV will not have to inspect it before issuing a diesel title. The inspection of my BJ60 was for tune. Cannot blow too much smoke, which I personally did not. Registered in Alexandria.
Old July 24th, 2014, 12:06 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

There was a really nice 300tdi XD down here in miami for sale for quite a while that he wanted $15 k for.. And as nice as it was I thought that was too much... Thing was sweeeeet though.. I don't think he ever sold it..
Old July 24th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I believe that truck belonged to roverx on this board at some point in its life.
Old July 24th, 2014, 03:29 PM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

I was thinking the same thing. Scott owned this - and I believe it is originally a Saudi spec Discovery (not NAS)

The only Arles Blue Discovery I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
I believe that truck belonged to roverx on this board at some point in its life.
Old July 24th, 2014, 08:56 PM
D90_982
Chad
1994 ST #982 (SOLD)

Really nice.

Does anyone expert here know fair value for this? (without opening the flood gates of public opinion)

I would be closer to $10k to actually buy.
Old July 24th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90_982 View Post
Really nice.

Does anyone expert here know fair value for this? (without opening the flood gates of public opinion)

I would be closer to $10k to actually buy.
There's a 300Tdi Disco for sale on Dweb right now for $8500.
$17K for a Disco is stoopid. I dont care whats been done to it.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old July 24th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
I don't think I've seen a Tdi Disco for sale for less than $8k, and I've seen them up to probably $19k. I would expect to pay close to $12k for a nice Tdi Disco. The fact that this one has be repainted devalues it in my opinion. Unless it is a $8k+ paint job, its going to look like shit 5 years from now.
Old July 24th, 2014, 09:56 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Arles is a desirable/cool/unexpected color that appeals especially to some of our fellow defender owners. I'd say $11k probably. $18k is stupid.
Old July 24th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Arles is a desirable/cool/unexpected color that appeals especially to some of our fellow defender owners. I'd say $11k probably. $18k is stupid.
Agreed, I like Arles w/white cap. You don't see that ever. Not overdone.
Also, I can vouch for Alan's (Cityside Garage) work.

No clue on value myself, but I like it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market