Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old December 12th, 2015, 12:01 PM
redoc_c
Pat
Defender 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
are you two going to punch each other in the ovaries....

Quote:
It's not you..its the truck.
You are getting funnier by the minute...
You should try it professionally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2015, 12:02 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
are you two going to punch each other in the ovaries.........
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery from July 14, 2014
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tml#post546907

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Are you guys going to punch each other in the ovaries?

Funny how we had two newbies posting up yesterday. This man-child and a genuine nice guy from Tanzania. Perhaps the man-child needs to read the other newbies post and learn how civilized people roll.
Old December 12th, 2015, 12:08 PM
redoc_c
Pat
Defender 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery from July 14, 2014
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tml#post546907
Then is YOU the one that deserves the credit
This is something that even Jay Leno could've said..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2015, 12:19 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoc_c View Post
You are getting funnier by the minute...
You should try it professionally
Nah, I prefer to keep it as a side gig, that way there's no expectation of professionalism..
Old December 12th, 2015, 01:04 PM
redoc_c
Pat
Defender 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Well since you insist, posting a $1 is an old USED CAR SALESMAN Tactic to draw interest on " MOST OF THE TIMES " and overpriced vehicle, that if posting the high asking price, will generate absolutely 0 call or interest

How old are you? That explanation sounds ancient...
Can't you see the troubles you can get into publishing big figures here? Can't you really see that?

Quote:
Nothing Hysterical here, just bringing up a FACT, which on a long distance transaction , TRANSPARENCY and ACCURACY are of the essence
Are you talking about my lack of TRANSPARENCY and ACCURACY when telling you the neighborhood where my car is "parked"?? the one that could be off upon your standards for as much as 4 blocks? and you say that that is not hysterical? well...

Quote:
Many know in here , I have been MR Brand, loading my Defenders with stupid crazy overpriced items, but that doesn't mean I got my money back, sadly, doesn't work that way
The one loading the Defender with crazy stuff might've been you (you said it) but not me. I think you are just aggressively pursuing a bargain. Then it is not really me overvaluing my item, it is you aggressively undervaluing it hahaha... well not a big surprise...

Quote:
Really, what is so special in Baires?..KEYWORD " AGREED PRICE " when I clearly stated I wanted to see the truck first, before committing "
I will not show you the car if you are not willing to pay the asked price if the car meets your expectations. I will not show you the car if you come with the idea of exercising your exposed aggressive negotiation "skills". The car is mine then I think I have the right to conduct its sale as I consider better.

Quote:
read your response above , you are asking for a commitment beforehand

That you only take U$D is not a problem, I gave you options, and while my SIGHT UNSEEN offer might be way below your asking price, doesn't necessarily mean is way below Market Value... everything lays in the eye of the beholder
I know you are an ESL, but remember in English "being willing to if xxxx" does not imply formal commitment. You just tell me here that you are "willing to pay the price if the car meets your expectations" and I show you the car right away. Period.
Your offer is WAY below market. You didn't do your homework; just get the listed accessories and spare parts (90% not installed/used yet) and go here https://www.lrdirect.com get the costs (US dollars w/o VAT) you will get more than 20G just on that considering a conservative nationalization factor of 1.5; then PLEASE do not say that my car is overpriced because you would be either misinformed about the sale or lying.

Quote:
Hallelujah , we finally agree on something
well this one was kind of obvious right?

Quote:
I hope you got the Porteno lingo well grasped , so I can tell you NO SEAS BOLUDO, no one is telling you are guilty of anything ( well maybe of an overpriced vehicle that you dance around to show it, but as seller , you have that right )
I do not like your language; Please stop the mantra of the "overpriced Defender" you sound very much like the WMD of GWB times...

Quote:
I am in USA, I think I am well known in this board by many fellows ( yes including Aussie Wank Stains ), so the part of unknown is kind of a moot point.
What? I'm the owner of the car you say you want to buy and I do not know you.

Quote:
If you want to list a vehicle in a decent place why not use the Clarin or La Nacion classifieds instead of the Craiglist of Argentina?
Again; how old are you? Please do not teach me how to sell you a bargain; I've already seen you hidden behind the straw...

Quote:
At any rate, I think that you are a difficult person to deal with , therefore , I am out
When I buy I usually follow seller's terms if they are not convenient I quietly withdraw but I never use your guerrilla dirty tactics for buying a "car"... I decided to live w/o that level of meaningless aggression in my life...

------ Follow up post added December 12th, 2015 01:06 PM ------

Quote:
Nah, I prefer to keep it as a side gig, that way there's no expectation of professionalism..
OK but please do not forget the credits if you "borrow" some of your stuff
Old December 29th, 2015, 09:01 PM
redoc_c
Pat
Defender 96

Rugbier the "overpriced" vehicle is sold. see ya.
Old December 29th, 2015, 09:12 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Does this mean you'll go away? Like, for good?
Old December 29th, 2015, 09:19 PM
xjahx
JAH
'93 NAS 110, '94 NAS ST, '85 90 PU

Registry
How much? Staying in Argentina?
Old December 30th, 2015, 04:24 AM
redoc_c
Pat
Defender 96

I'm not living in Argentina.
Despite what Rugbier might think the car was sold for the asked price to a very happy new owner. It stays in Argentina.

As a side note I'd like to say that I consider disrespectful when people like Rugbier use a forum like this to cast aggressive opinions on price or the honorability of a seller specially when they might have interest in the item being sold.
There are millions of rules on this forum; don't you guys have one preventing this kind of things?
Old January 14th, 2016, 02:57 AM
redoc_c
Pat
Defender 96

Quote:
As a side note I'd like to say that I consider disrespectful when people like Rugbier use a forum like this to cast aggressive opinions on price or the honorability of a seller specially when they might have interest in the item being sold.
There are millions of rules on this forum; don't you guys have one preventing this kind of things?
I always considered this as serious forum but the lack of an answer to my last question makes me think I was wrong. It's clear to me now that forum admins only apply the forum rules to newcomers and unknowns but have no b*lls to do the same if there's one of their pals involved. Sad.
Old January 14th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Janet H
Janet H
Still Looking....
Site Team

Quote:
I always considered this as serious forum but the lack of an answer to my last question makes me think I was wrong. It's clear to me now that forum admins only apply the forum rules to newcomers and unknowns but have no b*lls to do the same if there's one of their pals involved. Sad.
The forum has rules and they apply to everyone That said, if you have a concern you can hit the report post button when you see an issue. Your report will be reviewed but we only infrequently remove content.. Typically when there is a problem post there's some backstory with more than one member involved....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 14th, 2016, 04:57 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'm confused. This is a thread in the "Flea Market" section, not the "For Sale" section. Why can't people (forum members) have opinions on price/vehicle/etc? We've seen plenty of folks come & go here over the years, many with just a handful of posts...the unfortunate reality is that if we don't look out for each other there is no one else that will.

That said, this is a Flea Market thread so selling rules don't apply regardless.

redoc_c if you wanted to do a proper "For Sale" ad it should have included:
price, description, location, and pictures (per the forum rules that Janet mentioned)

Your ad had none of that, and as others (including Rugbier) pointed out you were listing a vehicle not eligible for importation into the United States on a forum that is primarily made up of members from the U.S....but that aside regardless the initial post was nothing more than a link to a YouTube video. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it here...and hence ended up in the Flea Market (where it is "fair game" as they say - not sure what rules would/should be enforced anyhow).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 15th, 2016, 05:22 AM
redoc_c
Pat
Defender 96

@Janet, the forum has rules but admins seem to "proactively" enforce them only with newcomers and unknowns. I do not want content to be removed; I want "someone" here saying that Rugbier did not behave correctly. In case you wonder I never talked to Rugbier before this thread.

@nathanwind forum members surely can have opinions on price/vehicle/etc if those "opinions" do not pursue damaging the seller's reputation with the sole intention of negatively affect the sell for getting a better price. That's what Rugbier did here, he went even further insulting me using Argentinean slang. Rugbier, shame on you.
For the rest of your post let me tell you that moral rules and decency apply "everywhere" and not just to some particular section of the forum (at least for me; I do not about you)
Old January 15th, 2016, 08:37 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
@Janet, the forum has rules but admins seem to "proactively" enforce them only with newcomers and unknowns. I do not want content to be removed; I want "someone" here saying that Rugbier did not behave correctly. In case you wonder I never talked to Rugbier before this thread.

@nathanwind forum members surely can have opinions on price/vehicle/etc if those "opinions" do not pursue damaging the seller's reputation with the sole intention of negatively affect the sell for getting a better price. That's what Rugbier did here, he went even further insulting me using Argentinean slang. Rugbier, shame on you.
For the rest of your post let me tell you that moral rules and decency apply "everywhere" and not just to some particular section of the forum (at least for me; I do not about you)
Not trying to respond for Janet, but this isn't a preschool...no one is generally reprimanded for a little chit chat. Secondly....as I mentioned previously above, you did NOT have a For Sale thread (nor did you even have the required bits of information for it to be even technically a For Sale thread). As such there is no "sellers reputation" to damage, at least in the eyes of this forum and the community. Plus - as also previously mentioned - your vehicle was not / is not suitable for importation into the U.S. anyhow. If Rugbier was in fact interested in your vehicle, well then all you did was bicker with probably the one potential buyer here on this forum.

But all that aside, I'd emplore you to go back and read the thread from the beginning....Rugbier is not the only one you "rubbed the wrong way" right off the bat, and your approach was as combative as anyone else's. Who knows, maybe it's a language barrier. But folks on here are generally a bit leery of people that pop up to simply peddle some vehicles for sale, then disappear (let alone peddle for sale from another country). My advice is to let it all go, talk to your therapist, stop taking it out on us if you're really just mad at your dad, find your happy place, or whatever : ).

All that said, I encourage you to stick around and actually get involved in the community, contribute to the site, assist other forum members when possible, etc....it's a good place with good folks you just may need to hit the reset button.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 15th, 2016, 10:29 AM
redoc_c
Pat
Defender 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
..as I mentioned previously above, you did NOT have a For Sale thread (nor did you even have the required bits of information for it to be even technically a For Sale thread). As such there is no "sellers reputation" to damage, at least in the eyes of this forum and the community.
I see, for you caring about seller's reputation is "only" applicable when posting on the "For Sale" section? Very good....

Quote:
Rugbier is not the only one you "rubbed the wrong way" ...

Who knows, maybe it's a language barrier....

My advice is to let it all go, talk to your therapist, stop taking it out on us if you're really just mad at your dad, find your happy place, or whatever : ).
You are shameless...
Old January 15th, 2016, 11:06 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
I see, for you caring about seller's reputation is "only" applicable when posting on the "For Sale" section? Very good....

You are shameless...
Ok, I was trying to be nice and give you some constructive criticism...but alas, just as you did from the get-go you continue to rub people the wrong way. You can now include me in with that list of Rugbier, JSBriggs, WatchTimes, Red90, smob, etc.

On that note, YOU are the one that has created their own "reputation". Posting a sketchy link, fake phone number, $1 price tag, etc for a vehicle you were apparently trying to sell. Then getting chapped when no one here wanted to buy a vehicle that's not even legal for importation into The States, and then whining about it when people actually asked you for more information/etc. Somehow I don't think the moderators, admins, or DefenderSource community are going to come to your rescue on this one.

You continue to dig your own hole, you're on your own from here on out!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 15th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Pat for the record, the man you just called shameless is one of the first guys who bend over backwards to help someone who needs a hand. Got a broken u joint on the trail? Chances are Jason will be the first one under your truck next to you getting you back on the trail. Same goes for most others on this forum.

And for the record your ad was as sketchy as a Nigerian needing help cashing a $2,000,000 dollar check.
Old January 16th, 2016, 04:54 AM
redoc_c
Pat
Defender 96

Quote:
Ok, I was trying to be nice and give you some constructive criticism...
you are a shameless hypocrite ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
And for the record your ad was as sketchy as a Nigerian needing help cashing a $2,000,000 dollar check.
Sure that's why the car got sold in 20 days ...

Typical band of f*ckers defending each other with the highest possible level of hypocrisy...
Old January 16th, 2016, 05:35 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3723126218.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	139534  
Old January 16th, 2016, 06:02 AM