Defender 90 Sport (Yellow) - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old December 11th, 2015, 06:47 PM
javelinadave
Status: Offline
-
-
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Posts: 5,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by redoc_c View Post
I've asked considering today's rules
Importation and Certification FAQ's Directory--All Vehicles

------ Follow up post added December 11th, 2015 06:44 PM ------



the 25 years old rule does not care about the type of engine...
Answer your own question since you don't like the answers you are getting from very knowledgeable, long time board members.
Hypothetical questions get hypothetical answers. What if Obama and his pen ban diesel imports? After all it is for the children.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old December 11th, 2015, 07:09 PM
redoc_c
Status: Offline
Pat
Defender 96
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Answer your own question since you don't like the answers you are getting from very knowledgeable, long time board members.
Hypothetical questions get hypothetical answers. What if Obama and his pen ban diesel imports? After all it is for the children.
There's not hypothetical question here.
Today we have certain rules. My question was based on them.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 11th, 2015, 07:14 PM
javelinadave
Status: Offline
-
-
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Posts: 5,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Maybe.

-Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
I dont. Its hard to say how CBP will interpret the rules 5 yrs from now.

-Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by redoc_c View Post
There's not hypothetical question here.
Today we have certain rules. My question was based on them.
And he answered your question but it was evidently not what your wanted to hear. 10 CBP agents will give you 10 different answers so which one is correct? Good luck to you in whatever you're trying to do and enjoy your weekend.

Dave
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old December 11th, 2015, 07:21 PM
redoc_c
Status: Offline
Pat
Defender 96
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Based on the rules your truck cannot be imported today.

-Jeff
I see;
I'm the new kid on the block then you guys are giving me a hard time...
OK... I'll take it...


My friend I have asked with today's rules waiting 5 more years...
So far you couldn't answer to that. But don't worry.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 11th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Red90's Avatar
Red90
Status: Offline
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,250
Registry
They are giving you a hard time because of the way you are acting, not because you are new. Change your attitude and they will change their attitudes.

It will be eligible for import when 25 years old based on build dates assuming all things that can be decoded by the VIN match what is in the truck. The VIN must say it is a soft top, LHD, manual, 300TDI. It must have an unaltered chassis with correct VIN stamp.

Other things like changed seats and doors can cause problems but are not necessarily going to stop an import.
__________________
Pissing people off on the "net" since 1983.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old December 11th, 2015, 08:23 PM
redoc_c
Status: Offline
Pat
Defender 96
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
They are giving you a hard time because of the way you are acting, not because you are new. Change your attitude and they will change their attitudes.
my "attitude" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
It will be eligible for import when 25 years old based on build dates assuming all things that can be decoded by the VIN match what is in the truck. The VIN must say it is a soft top, LHD, manual, 300TDI. It must have an unaltered chassis with correct VIN stamp.

Other things like changed seats and doors can cause problems but are not necessarily going to stop an import.
This is a plain and simple answer. Thanks.

------ Follow up post added December 11th, 2015 08:29 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Im not giving you are hard time.
Yes you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
You havent done your homework and are getting antsy seeking immediate answers to a hypothetical scenario.
what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Waiting 5 years makes your question question a hypothetical. 5 yrs ago you could import a truck with a galvanized frame, today you cannot. The rules haven't changes, but the interpretation of the rules has. Who knows how things will be interprited in 5 yrs, so the correct answer to your question is maybe. You aren't thinking your way through the process.
-Jeff
Please do not make things harder than they are. You can just say; "yes if nothing changes you have to wait 5 more years" or you could even add more useful info like Red90 just did..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old December 11th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by redoc_c View Post
Down there that means call and ask ;-)
No it doesn't

En que barrio esta el Defender?
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old December 11th, 2015, 09:37 PM
redoc_c
Status: Offline
Pat
Defender 96
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
No it doesn't
OMG... well, then please tell all of us what it means?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post

En que barrio esta el Defender?
Where is located (neighborhood) the Defender?

Recoleta.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old December 11th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Defender 90 Sport (Yellow)

My house is in Alvear y Callao

How far from there?

Who can show it?
Is it tagged and insured with Baires plates?

To answer your question , I am positive it doesn't, unless you are more Porteno than me
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old December 11th, 2015, 09:54 PM
redoc_c
Status: Offline
Pat
Defender 96
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
My house is in Alvear y Callao

How far from there?

Who can show it?
Is it tagged and insured with Baires plates?

To answer your question , I am positive it doesn't, unless you are more Porteno than me

The Defender is parked at Pea y Pueyrredon.

I can show you the car but first you should see pictures, video and included items here:
Land Rover Defender 90 Soft-top 98 55.000 Km - Año 1998 - 55000 km - en MercadoLibre

It is licensed and insured with Baires plates.

I'm positive you are wrong; when someone publishes a vehicle with a value of "1" that means "contact the owner for the real price". i.e.
Land Rover Defender 110 Tdi Swc - Año 1996 - 40000 km - en MercadoLibre
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
I am not going to get on semantics about the $ 1 , I will continue to believe you are wrong

As you are wrong with Pena y Pueyrredon be Recoleta, more like Barrio Norte

Don't try, I grew up there

At any rate, I don't care for the pics , I care to see the genuine article in Person, well not me, I am in USA now, however, my Sister husband is the one who will look at it for me, his Firm is on Pueyrredon y Arenales

Are you there to show it?
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:30 PM
redoc_c
Status: Offline
Pat
Defender 96
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
I am not going to get on semantics about the $ 1 , I will continue to believe you are wrong

As you are wrong with Pena y Pueyrredon be Recoleta, more like Barrio Norte

Don't try, I grew up there

At any rate, I don't care for the pics , I care to see the genuine article in Person, well not me, I am in USA now, however, my Sister husband is the one who will look at it for me, his Firm is on Pueyrredon y Arenales

Are you there to show it?
"you will continue to belive I'm wrong" on what basis??? just because you say so? Please enlighten us...

I have said that Pea y Pueyrredon is Recoleta because MercadoLibre Argentina (where the car is published) does not list "Barrio Norte" as a neigborhood; then as a matter of proximity and consistency I have said there and here "Recoleta" as the neighborhood. I wonder why you thought I have been trying to "trick" you on such a tiny (4 blocks difference) detail??

The pictures, the video, and the item list can give you a good idea and save your brother in law and myself (now I'm here to show the car) valuable time if the vehicle is not what you are really looking for. If everything is OK and you agree the price sure we could arrange to see the car even tomorrow (Saturday) if you want. On that case you can send me a PM and I can provide my cell phone #.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
No not because I say so, it is just because I KNOW SO

Next, I clearly asked you where was located not what Mercado Libre says

Next, Hell will freeze over before I buy a vehicle sight unseen and to top it pay substantially more than market value

So if you want to show it before I make you an offer, great

If you want a commitment beforehand, ( before seen it ) I'll offer you ( your choice )

AR$ 268,000.00 or U$ 18,000.00

Either way, truck and documents will have to be seen before monies are deposited ( in US or in AR )
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old December 11th, 2015, 11:04 PM
redoc_c
Status: Offline
Pat
Defender 96
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
No not because I say so, it is just because I KNOW SO

Next, I clearly asked you where was located not what Mercado Libre says

Next, Hell will freeze over before I buy a vehicle sight unseen and to top it pay substantially more than market value

So if you want to show it before I make you an offer, great

If you want a commitment beforehand, ( before seen it ) I'll offer you ( your choice )

AR$ 268,000.00 or U$ 18,000.00

Either way, truck and documents will have to be seen before monies are deposited ( in US or in AR )

If you KNOW SO why you cannot explain us here what is the real meaning??

>Next, I clearly asked you where was located not what Mercado Libre says
As I've said before I wanted to be consistent with the info contained in Mercado Libre. Now you are making a hysterical issue of a 4 block difference; Please!

>and to top it pay substantially more than market value
I think you are wrong again. Please tell me how much money just in accessories and spare parts alone?

>So if you want to show it before I make you an offer, great
I could very well do that in America; not down here. If you are not willing to pay the asking price if the car is as good as expected then I have nothing to show you.
You do not come to negotiate an offer you come to confirm the car is as expected in EXCELLENT condition and to pay and agreed price. That's it.

>If you want a commitment beforehand, ( before seen it ) I'll offer you ( your choice )
>AR$ 268,000.00 or U$ 18,000.00
I have never asked for "commitment" beforehand of any kind;
I've asked you to be "willing to pay the asked price if the car is in EXCELLENT condition"
I only take US dollars, your offer is way below the asked price.

>Either way, truck and documents will have to be seen before monies are deposited
of course.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old December 12th, 2015, 05:56 AM
the rover shop
Status: Offline
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ft lauderdale florida
Posts: 5,225
Cool, I don't think I've ever seen n Argentinian cat fight before...who was it that once asked...are you two going to punch each other in the ovaries.........
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old December 12th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX6RCROL View Post
Why fake a phone number?
__________________
A friend of mine runs a land rover / range rover specialty repair shop. Based on his experience, they are capable of stopping anywhere, anytime, at any cost.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old December 12th, 2015, 09:14 AM
redoc_c
Status: Offline
Pat
Defender 96
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Why fake a phone number?
Because in Argentine (unfortunately) for a car like this you could get calling you lot of pushy buyers with 4 bucks in their pockets. There are also security issues that make advisable to have first an e-mail contact with the people you are going to meet to show the car. In case you want to call me please send me a PM.

Why am I feeling I'm always considered "guilty" of something here
Aren't people here interested i.e. in the GKN overdrive performance or the different transfer box ratio this unit has, Diesel mpg figures, or anything like that??
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old December 12th, 2015, 10:43 AM
the rover shop
Status: Offline
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ft lauderdale florida
Posts: 5,225
This board is probably 95% USA based...and since this car can't come into the USA it probably won't get sold on here...... It's not you..its the truck.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old December 12th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Cool, I don't think I've ever seen n Argentinian cat fight before...who was it that once asked...are you two going to punch each other in the ovaries.........
Ha ha

Mate, no cat fight, besides, will never punch a girl *LMAO*
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old December 12th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by redoc_c View Post
If you KNOW SO why you cannot explain us here what is the real meaning??

Well since you insist, posting a $1 is an old USED CAR SALESMAN Tactic to draw interest on " MOST OF THE TIMES " and overpriced vehicle, that if posting the high asking price, will generate absolutely 0 call or interest

>Next, I clearly asked you where was located not what Mercado Libre says
As I've said before I wanted to be consistent with the info contained in Mercado Libre. Now you are making a hysterical issue of a 4 block difference; Please!

Nothing Hysterical here, just bringing up a FACT, which on a long distance transaction , TRANSPARENCY and ACCURACY are of the essence

>and to top it pay substantially more than market value
I think you are wrong again. Please tell me how much money just in accessories and spare parts alone?

Many know in here , I have been MR Brand, loading my Defenders with stupid crazy overpriced items, but that doesn't mean I got my money back, sadly, doesn't work that way

>So if you want to show it before I make you an offer, great
I could very well do that in America; not down here. If you are not willing to pay the asking price if the car is as good as expected then I have nothing to show you.
You do not come to negotiate an offer you come to confirm the car is as expected in EXCELLENT condition and to pay and agreed price. That's it.

Really, what is so special in Baires?..KEYWORD " AGREED PRICE " when I clearly stated I wanted to see the truck first, before committing "

>If you want a commitment beforehand, ( before seen it ) I'll offer you ( your choice )
>AR$ 268,000.00 or U$ 18,000.00
I have never asked for "commitment" beforehand of any kind;
I've asked you to be "willing to pay the asked price if the car is in EXCELLENT condition"
I only take US dollars, your offer is way below the asked price.

read your response above , you are asking for a commitment beforehand

That you only take U$D is not a problem, I gave you options, and while my SIGHT UNSEEN offer might be way below your asking price, doesn't necessarily mean is way below Market Value... everything lays in the eye of the beholder


>Either way, truck and documents will have to be seen before monies are deposited
of course.

Hallelujah , we finally agree on something

My response in red

------ Follow up post added December 12th, 2015 11:59 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoc_c View Post
Because in Argentine (unfortunately) for a car like this you could get calling you lot of pushy buyers with 4 bucks in their pockets. There are also security issues that make advisable to have first an e-mail contact with the people you are going to meet to show the car. In case you want to call me please send me a PM.

Why am I feeling I'm always considered "guilty" of something here
Aren't people here interested i.e. in the GKN overdrive performance or the different transfer box ratio this unit has, Diesel mpg figures, or anything like that??
I hope you got the Porteno lingo well grasped , so I can tell you NO SEAS BOLUDO, no one is telling you are guilty of anything ( well maybe of an overpriced vehicle that you dance around to show it, but as seller , you have that right )

I am in USA, I think I am well known in this board by many fellows ( yes including Aussie Wank Stains ), so the part of unknown is kind of a moot point.

If you want to list a vehicle in a decent place why not use the Clarin or La Nacion classifieds instead of the Craiglist of Argentina?

At any rate, I think that you are a difficult person to deal with , therefore , I am out

GLWS
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
90, defender, defender 90

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AA Yellow Defender 90 :: 1994 Land Rover Defender AAYellowD90 Defender & Series Truck Registry 0 September 9th, 2015 02:38 PM
OME Nitrocharger Sport Shock Kit for D1/RRC/Defender jamesepoop For Sale - Parts 0 May 1st, 2015 11:38 PM
4 TIRES - RR Sport - Continental Conti 4x4 Sport Contact - 275/40/R-20 pcscharfe For Sale - Parts 1 November 2nd, 2010 07:00 PM
Want to trade Yellow Sills for Yellow Sills themaxx Wanted 4 October 25th, 2006 02:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Copyright