Deal of the century for someone in colorado. Camel trophey discovery - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old June 7th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Congrats, Sir! Well done indeed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Ron Mexico
Ryan
LR3

can someone please disable this guys winky face icon?
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:02 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
I think my 15K estimate was low. This will need at least that in body work. Finding all the stickers will be a treat. Maybe Mr Winky is a rich kid that can afford to get the thing restored.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Everyman needs a winkie now and then. The engine sounds great. Wonder how it drives.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
Do you have any non hipstergram photos?

Does "body work is for the next guy" mean that you are going to flip it?
Lol, unfortunately, "hipstergram" is the only place I have the pics, other than on my ipad...which will only let me upload 1 pic per post.... I'll take some more, just for you, when I get off today and upload them to photobucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
Congrats, Sir! Well done indeed!
Much Obliged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
can someone please disable this guys winky face icon?
Gotta talk to the admin about that one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
I think my 15K estimate was low. This will need at least that in body work. Finding all the stickers will be a treat. Maybe Mr Winky is a rich kid that can afford to get the thing restored.
Unfortunately....I am no rich kid......I'm originally from southern Alabama. Moved to Colorado to make a little money and visit my sister. I've busted tail to have what I have and I love this town more than anything. But if 1500$ and me living in telluride makes you think I'm rich, you are sadly mistaken. If I can fit a new windshield and back side glass in, I will be happy.....the damage is character in my opinion and plus it has aluminum panels....no rust.....

Also, why I say the body work is for the next guy, because, as an American, can legally sell and or use this as an offroad vehicle. I have all Documentation to do so, including a statement of fact from Colorado DMV stating it is only legal for offroad use and does not have a title, bills of sales all the way up to me, and the original bill of sale from Land Rover Of North America In 1999 that was in MD. Now that is said, I respect a lot about camel trophy, land rover, and remember my uncle, who originally owned my RRC, watching videos of at least 2 events held/ was super in the 4x4ing. He pasted away, but i think he would be proud. Simply, because I hustled, and was victorious. And If I do sell, I don't want it going to someone who just "wants" it for a 4x4. I'll find and fix/sell you one of those. This is a piece of history, which has great respect from me, and I want it to go to the "right" buyer, Decided by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Everyman needs a winkie now and then. The engine sounds great. Wonder how it drives.
Indubitably! I will post more when the part comes in to be replaced.
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
When/if you decide to move it along, let me know-I'll put you in touch with someone else that was in line with the guy.
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohelluride View Post
Lol, unfortunately, "hipstergram" is the only place I have the pics, other than on my ipad...which will only let me upload 1 pic per post.... I'll take some more, just for you, when I get off today and upload them to photobucket.
Awesome. All those fake filters and crap change the colors and depth of a photo.
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
That is just a hop over Imogene Pass. Lucky him.

Old June 7th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Winky,
If you are new to Rovers, this is a good group of knowledgeable people. Fell free to post up with questions etc. If you get it going in the next couple months, you should take it to the national rally (in Ouray this year).

-Jeff
This would have been my 4th rover And I like knowledgable people. Plus, I work on them up here all the time. Mostly wiring or sensors.... Thank you very much for the invite. I should be able to make it, depends on the festival nearest it. I can at least take my RRC....at the same time, you'll be a hop, skip, and rock away from me. Telluride is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
That is just a hop over Imogene Pass. Lucky him.

I've been over Imogene tons of times. By foot, car, and snowboard(lunar cup).
Old June 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

I have some 7.50 Michelin XCL's if you need them. I know CT's ran 7.00s but those are nearly impossible to find. Great tire.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

It has great tires on it now. I will keep that in mind, though. The two spares have the original tires, but the sun has not been nice to them. They are firm and still holding air, though.
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Being notorious for being terrible with pictures the free app for D-90 makes it easy.
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Tyler Wirken
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE

This may have been talked about but I am really curious how the previous owner ended up with this truck. Seems like he had no idea what it was. With a truck like that owned by TC you would think it would have been sold to someone that knew what it was and would do something with it.

Seems odd to me. Would be interesting to know the complete history. You would think once it went up for sale the LR community would have snatched it up like this around.
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Trust me, I called him looking for a 4x4 I could bang around during the summer and noticed either way it looked interesting. When I called, I said I would be there in the morning and if I wasn't on time / had the cash, he could sell it. He was a man of his word! I drove 3 hours one way from telluride at 530 am. He doesn't have Internet and had someone post it on Craigslist cause he was in between jobs. He said he ain't good with any of them electronic gizmo's.... After more research, Tom Collins did camel trophy training in whitewater/grand junction in the late 90's, where the truck was sold to the first owner from land rover of America in 1999. Who knows, someone might have lost a game of cards and put the truck on the line....lol....

Check on this page. Tom Collins training with nest, I think?

https://sites.google.com/a/krisvannest.com/home/driving

1991 Range Rover Classic(Daily)

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:20 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I have friends in Grand Junction that would love to help you find parts for you new acquisition at a reasonable price. Yes Congratulations on your purchase. A lot of people have been chasing that truck over the years. It has disappeared for a while.

I remember when Tom Collins lost control on black ice on a bridge in the middle of the night, and wrecked while flat towing that rig. He was lucky not to have been crippled for life or worse.

Big part of American history with the Camel Trophy in that truck you bought. Enjoy !!!

Quote:

Much Obliged!

Gotta talk to the admin about that one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately....I am no rich kid......I'm originally from southern Alabama. Moved to Colorado to make a little money and visit my sister. I've busted tail to have what I have and I love this town more than anything. But if 1500$ and me living in telluride makes you think I'm rich, you are sadly mistaken. If I can fit a new windshield and back side glass in, I will be happy.....the damage is character in my opinion and plus it has aluminum panels....no rust.....

Also, why I say the body work is for the next guy, because, as an American, can legally sell and or use this as an offroad vehicle. I have all Documentation to do so, including a statement of fact from Colorado DMV stating it is only legal for offroad use and does not have a title, bills of sales all the way up to me, and the original bill of sale from Land Rover Of North America In 1999 that was in MD. Now that is said, I respect a lot about camel trophy, land rover, and remember my uncle, who originally owned my RRC, watching videos of at least 2 events held/ was super in the 4x4ing. He pasted away, but i think he would be proud. Simply, because I hustled, and was victorious. And If I do sell, I don't want it going to someone who just "wants" it for a 4x4. I'll find and fix/sell you one of those. This is a piece of history, which has great respect from me, and I want it to go to the "right" buyer, Decided by me.

Indubitably! I will post more when the part comes in to be replaced.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old June 8th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy View Post
I have friends in Grand Junction that would love to help you find parts for you new acquisition at a reasonable price. Yes Congratulations on your purchase. A lot of people have been chasing that truck over the years. It has disappeared for a while.

I remember when Tom Collins lost control on black ice on a bridge in the middle of the night, and wrecked while flat towing that rig. He was lucky not to have been crippled for life or worse.

Big part of American history with the Camel Trophy in that truck you bought. Enjoy !!!
Thanks for the info! I was wondering why there were flat towing mounts added up front. It is missing a few things, mainly the original whinch. The gentleman said it was kept by the original owner. I'm proud to be the new owner!

Also, Do anyone know who leads the telluride adventure for land rover?

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/ex...es/adventures/

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
Awesome. All those fake filters and crap change the colors and depth of a photo.

Here yah go!

Body

Interior

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Engine Bay!

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

Quote:

Thanks for the info! I was wondering why there were flat towing mounts added up front. It is missing a few things, mainly the original whinch. The gentleman said it was kept by the original owner. I'm proud to be the new owner!

Also, Do anyone know who leads the telluride adventure for land rover?

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/ex...es/adventures/
Bob Burns runs the show. Ken Cameron, Jim Sweat, Fred Monsees & a couple others work the trucks. That's the current top driving instructors/media crew line-up for LRNA. Congrats on the camel truck. I was a few minutes late on that one. Oh we'll. Ken & the boys have some for my viewing/driving pleasure. Enjoy!
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

one more from the bumper. Flag holder?

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market