Customized Defender Clock - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old January 7th, 2009, 07:38 AM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Hi all! Keep sending me these great links and ideas!!! I'll whip up some more samples tonight after work. I'll also figure out today how much these things are going to cost to ship (within the U.S.).

Within a few days I should have enough samples for everyone to pick from. I love the idea of people sending me photos of their personal Defender badges.

I'm also going to shop around to see if can find other products to work with. Perhaps a 10" clock or one made of more solid materials like wood or metal. Obviously they would cost more. If anyone knows of a product I can find at Target, or Walmart let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2009, 11:55 PM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

I made 3 more with a different spin. I threw in some Land Rover grills

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/44

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/35

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/43
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:40 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Very nice- good luck making a final decision- great idea!! I like 43 of course, being a Defender junkie, but 44 may make a better face. Thanks again for all the efforts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2009, 07:52 AM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Thanks Dale! Every one of these designs will be available. So feel free to order one of each if you'd like!!!!

Follow-up Post:

This post is just a summary of all my clock designs...

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/27

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/28

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/29

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/30

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/31

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/33

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/35

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/43

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/44
Attached Images

Old January 8th, 2009, 05:14 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroPro
PS: Keep the suggestions flowing. What if I used the Defender badge that we have on the rear? This link is a good one that I found online that I can work with, or I can take a snapshot of mine this weekend.
Looks like that idea died a little, if not let me know, I'll take a picture of a brand new badge I have (i.e. no number on it, so you can personalize it for each person buying the clock for a few more bucks! ;-) ). The only limitation is: the plaque will read D-90 soft top (or whatever the text says for a 90 soft top truck).
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:58 PM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Thanks Monland! I'll take that image if you don't mind. That's a great idea about customizing each with their badge number. I'll do that for no extra charge.
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:32 PM
mjekogian
Michael Jekogian
1997/ Defender ST

Registry
I like the stamp plate idea. One suggestion for the clock #s is that you use a font that is similar to the stamp used on the plates.
On the other note What ironman did you do?
I have CDA and USA under my belt and looking to do France this year.
Any other Ironmen here?
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:28 AM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Mike, way-to-go on the Ironman accomplishments! I did the 1/2 Ironman in Providence, RI this past summer and had so much fun that I drove to Lake Placid the following week to sign up for 2009. The race is July 26th. Which one did you do in the US?
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:49 PM
mjekogian
Michael Jekogian
1997/ Defender ST

Registry
Lake Placid is called Ironman USA. did last year in the rain
CDA is Coeur D'Alene Idaho 07 (saw a D-90 spectator during this race)

I liked CDA better the 14 hour downpour in Lake Placid was grueling.

I might take you up on a m-dot and a rover clock. Any luck finding the stamped # font?
Old January 9th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Another suggestion could be making one wit a pic of eachother's ride
Old January 9th, 2009, 10:30 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Canada
Japan
Brazil 3 times, twice in Porto Seguro, once in Florianopolis
Korea
Australia
But its been a while! 2001 was my last one.
Be Careful with the IdotM logos, they can be a bit like disney with their trademark!

As far as rover clocks, how about a tornado or a Boost with the Rover center cap?
Old January 9th, 2009, 10:42 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

I'll take two #33s. Let me know where and how to send the money. Also if you could come up with a cartoony rover clock for my little boys room, that would be great.

Another idea, We did a corvette clock in the center of a racing tire cut in half. Maybe a rover clock that would fit inside a 15" mud tire. You could hang it on the wall or use some some old brake discs and parts to make a stand for it and add a piece of glass to the top. You would have rover clock coffee tables or end tables.
And I love you too
Old January 10th, 2009, 04:50 PM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

Stephen- I have a 10 inch clock from one of my lumber wholesalers. Any chance to just get a face as i have all the workings for the clock? this way i can just disassemble the one i have and pop in the cool land rover face??? I'd love to see a G4 clock as I just bought a 2004 last august. Also any luck with the dirt background? I think the number placard customized with my number on a dirt background would be soooo cool. Nice work, what an entertaining cottage industry to start up!
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:26 PM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Wow, this thread really took off! Sorry for the delay, I was away for a few days. Let me absorb everything that was posted and I'll reply soon. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the great support.

I'll be ready for production later this week.

Also, if you want to email me a photo of your Land Rover, send it to stephenleblanc@yahoo.com

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOD77
Stephen- I have a 10 inch clock from one of my lumber wholesalers. Any chance to just get a face as i have all the workings for the clock?
Hi Jonathan,

That sounds like a fun project. I'll need the exact dimensions of the clock face. Or you can mail it to me (just the paper face). It should pop right off after you remove the clock's cover and hands.

A G4 should be no problem. I'll look for stock photos online or use yours. A dirt background should be easy enough.

Email me at stephenleblanc at yahoo dot com so we can work out the details.

Thanks!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck1974
I'll take two #33s. Let me know where and how to send the money. Also if you could come up with a cartoony rover clock for my little boys room, that would be great.

Another idea, We did a corvette clock in the center of a racing tire cut in half. Maybe a rover clock that would fit inside a 15" mud tire. You could hang it on the wall or use some some old brake discs and parts to make a stand for it and add a piece of glass to the top. You would have rover clock coffee tables or end tables.
Shane, thanks for the business! I'll work up some options for cartoony rover clocks. Before I take Paypal payments I want to be sure how much these clocks are going to cost to ship. I'll find out tomorrow.

Your mud-tire clock idea would be awesome, but I just don't have access to the parts.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjekogian
Lake Placid is called Ironman USA. did last year in the rain
CDA is Coeur D'Alene Idaho 07 (saw a D-90 spectator during this race)

I liked CDA better the 14 hour downpour in Lake Placid was grueling.

I might take you up on a m-dot and a rover clock. Any luck finding the stamped # font?

Michael, I sent you a PM.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaco1
Canada
Japan
Brazil 3 times, twice in Porto Seguro, once in Florianopolis
Korea
Australia
But its been a while! 2001 was my last one.
Be Careful with the IdotM logos, they can be a bit like disney with their trademark!

As far as rover clocks, how about a tornado or a Boost with the Rover center cap?
Tom, wow, congrats on the Ironmans. I totally agree with you on the M-dot clock. It's not for sale. I just wanted one for my office and couldn't find one anywhere. Tornado or Boost? What's a boost?
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Tornado or Boost? What's a boost?
He is referring to wheel designs. The tornado design is the factory alloy on NAS trucks, like these. The boost design is found on newer defenders and look like this.
Old January 11th, 2009, 01:50 PM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Good idea...but I'm not sure how I can add a Land Rover logo to it. And the problem is that the clock hands block most of it. Plus to get the logo big enough I made it round. I'm not sure if I like that either.

http://ironmanclock.shutterfly.com/45
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:59 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Stephen- Check our site, www.theroverbarn.com , may help with some truck pics/logos - G4, TReK, etc. If you want some action type, let me know as well. Hope it helps.
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

I just mailed off my first one to a friend in NC. The shipping was $4.80 but I'm thinking I can get it less than that. I used my postage machine at the office.

The true weight of the clock and original box is only 13.4 oz. I'll measure the dimensions tonight and see if DHL, FedEx or UPS are better than my office USPS mail.
Old January 12th, 2009, 03:51 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Quote:
Wow, this thread really took off! Sorry for the delay, I was away for a few days. Let me absorb everything that was posted and I'll reply soon. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the great support.

I'll be ready for production later this week.

Also, if you want to email me a photo of your Land Rover, send it to stephenleblanc@yahoo.com

Follow-up Post:

Hi Jonathan,

That sounds like a fun project. I'll need the exact dimensions of the clock face. Or you can mail it to me (just the paper face). It should pop right off after you remove the clock's cover and hands.

A G4 should be no problem. I'll look for stock photos online or use yours. A dirt background should be easy enough.

Email me at stephenleblanc at yahoo dot com so we can work out the details.

Thanks!

Follow-up Post:

Shane, thanks for the business! I'll work up some options for cartoony rover clocks. Before I take Paypal payments I want to be sure how much these clocks are going to cost to ship. I'll find out tomorrow.

Your mud-tire clock idea would be awesome, but I just don't have access to the parts.

Follow-up Post:

Michael, I sent you a PM.

Follow-up Post:

Tom, wow, congrats on the Ironmans. I totally agree with you on the M-dot clock. It's not for sale. I just wanted one for my office and couldn't find one anywhere. Tornado or Boost? What's a boost?
I made a sweet IdotM for a friend who did Hawaii one year, carved out of a lava like rock.
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:18 PM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Hi all,

I check all the major carriers for shipping rates. Here's what I used: Box: 10.5 x 9.5 x 2.5 weight: .85lbs shipping from zip 06010.

I couldn't believe it but my office USPS is the cheapest at $4.80. UPS and DHL were up over $8.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I will offer the stock clocks for $20 each (includes shipping) for now. I'm just now realizing the extra expenses of all of this! However, I do want to honor my promise to you guys who helped me. I might have to adjust my price in a few weeks (when I need more ink!!!).

Please Paypal me at stephenleblanc@yahoo.com and leave me a detailed message as to what clocks you want and how many. Also leave me your mailing address and your full name (optional).

I'll continue to play around with new designs so keep coming back!

I will also take custom orders. Send me your thoughts and photos and I'll work (cheap!). I'm sure we can agree on a fair price. Email me at stephenleblanc@yahoo.com or call me at 860-810-6439.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and I still love your suggestions so keep them flowing!!! Thanks everyone! I just need to sell 71 of these to get my Distributor! Haha... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaco1
I made a sweet IdotM for a friend who did Hawaii one year, carved out of a lava like rock.
Your friend is hardcore. Hawaii is no joke.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
clock