Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 6th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0k3d View Post
This one can't be brought in legally right? I know the import rules well, but get confused because I see Japanese Spec trucks for sale in the states...

I also read that NAS = JDM = UAE?

If I can get that blue truck in the country legally for $30k, ill fly out to get it tomorrow.
A little search..
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...-us-28519.html
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2016, 06:03 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Email from the seller;

Hello Dave

Kindly accept my apologies for responding so late... I am busy because I recently moved my medical supply business from Ontario to Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Before anything you have to know that my vehicle was listed by a third party all over the Canada.
So the vehicle is here with me in Sydney, NS!
Because of my work the vehicle can be viewed by appointment on weekends only.
If you are a local buyer let me know your location and I will gladly meet over the weekend to show you the vehicle.

This SUV is a rare find in this condition and more importantly in the highly sought after Arles Blue paint! This Defender even has its original number tag on the back, stating that it is #307.

Finished in Arles Blue, the original paint on this SUV is in great shape, showing only a few minor imperfections; there are some minor rock chips and there is a scratch on the driver’s side just below the rear window, but overall, the D90 shows very well! The Arles Blue paint is a very desirable color primarily due to the low production numbers that utilized the shade on the D90. The entire body is made from aluminum which shows all of the rivet marks and spot welds throughout the body and prevents rust to the body. The body is in great shape and is exceptionally solid. There is a factory installed safari cage for safety purposes and looks great! There are also front and rear grilles and a Tuffy push bar. This D90 is factory equipped with a sunroof. Overall, this Defender is in exceptional condition and is ready to hit the road – on or off the tarmac!

Inside, the interior is finished in traditional gray and all looks great! The seats are wrapped in a gray cloth/tweed combination and look absolutely wonderful, showing no major signs of wear or tear. The interior is extremely nice, especially for the mileage of the vehicle as well as it’s purpose. It’s very hard to find a Defender with this nice (and original!) of interior! The dashboard houses all of the original, black face VDO gauges and looks awesome. In the back, there are jump seats that fold up and down to seat 4 extra people in the back. There is an aftermarket stereo installed in the center console.

Under the hood, you’ll find the 4.0L V8 Land Rover engine mated to a 4-speed ZF automatic transmission with available 4×4. The SUV is equipped with power brakes, power steering and AC. It also has four wheel disc brakes. The SUV sits upon a set of 16? 5-spoke Land Rover wheels wrapped in LT235/85R16 aggressive BF Goodrich tires that look great.
Original Arles Blue Paint!
EXCELLENT Original Interior!
Highly Desirable & Sought After Read to Off-Road SUV!
4.0L V8!
4-Speed ZF Automatic Transmission!
Air Conditioning!
Make: Land Rover
Model: Defender 90
Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
Miles: 111,795

Thanks for your interest.

Kevin

Kevin
Make: Land Rover
Model: Defender 90
Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
Miles: 111,795

Thanks for your interest.

Kevin

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 7:39 PM, craigslist reply 309a <309a553e62a93f7ebec1ea9cf3df5e69@reply.craigslist .org> wrote:

Mileage? Jap-spec? Thanks for your time. All the best-Dave

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/5572294834.html

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original craigslist post:
About craigslist mail:
http://craigslist.org/about/help/email-relay
Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other):
http://craigslist.org/mf/ba56ca31aaf...5a5a807eaa69.6
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original craigslist post:
About craigslist mail:
http://craigslist.org/about/help/email-relay
Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other):
http://craigslist.org/mf/b4a24d3897b...09c63237da.295
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2016, 06:39 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
1991 D90 SW

Registry
Sweet. I just contacted the seller. I was going to wire the money for a ROW truck on Monday.

I wish I could just drive it home.
Old May 6th, 2016, 08:10 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
1991 D90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Milks View Post
Sorry I should have searched. I am a newb to these trucks and the on boarding process to learning about them is pretty steep. So many nuances and details.
Old May 6th, 2016, 10:11 PM
xplorUtah
Andrew P
1960 SII

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy2 View Post
'67 Land Rover 109 & 89+93 Range Rovers
Sadly no pictures but the description sounds promising "1967 Land Rover 109 diesel Carawagon, with Fairey overdrive, freewheeling front hubs, capstan winch" all for $4500
I sent him an email a few days ago, no response so far...
1997 D90 SW #2496

"Fear profits man nothing"

1997 D90 SW #2139 Portofino Sold
1995 D90 ST #2445 Beluga Black Sold
1995 RRC SWB Beluga Black Sold
1986 110 200TDI "1 of 1" Sold
Old May 6th, 2016, 10:42 PM
cowboy
steven
'84 2-carb'd V8 4-speed 110 LHD SW

Quote:
Sweet. I just contacted the seller. I was going to wire the money for a ROW truck on Monday.
Wait, what?
Old May 6th, 2016, 10:56 PM
ionfender
IO
94 NAS D90, #1379 (SOLD)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Email from the seller; Hello Dave Kindly accept my apologies for responding so late... I am busy because I recently moved my medical supply business from Ontario to Sydney, Nova Scotia. Before anything you have to know that my vehicle was listed by a third party all over the Canada. So the vehicle is here with me in Sydney, NS! Because of my work the vehicle can be viewed by appointment on weekends only. If you are a local buyer let me know your location and I will gladly meet over the weekend to show you the vehicle. This SUV is a rare find in this condition and more importantly in the highly sought after Arles Blue paint! This Defender even has its original number tag on the back, stating that it is #307. Finished in Arles Blue, the original paint on this SUV is in great shape, showing only a few minor imperfections; there are some minor rock chips and there is a scratch on the driver&rsquo;s side just below the rear window, but overall, the D90 shows very well! The Arles Blue paint is a very desirable color primarily due to the low production numbers that utilized the shade on the D90. The entire body is made from aluminum which shows all of the rivet marks and spot welds throughout the body and prevents rust to the body. The body is in great shape and is exceptionally solid. There is a factory installed safari cage for safety purposes and looks great! There are also front and rear grilles and a Tuffy push bar. This D90 is factory equipped with a sunroof. Overall, this Defender is in exceptional condition and is ready to hit the road &ndash; on or off the tarmac! Inside, the interior is finished in traditional gray and all looks great! The seats are wrapped in a gray cloth/tweed combination and look absolutely wonderful, showing no major signs of wear or tear. The interior is extremely nice, especially for the mileage of the vehicle as well as it&rsquo;s purpose. It&rsquo;s very hard to find a Defender with this nice (and original!) of interior! The dashboard houses all of the original, black face VDO gauges and looks awesome. In the back, there are jump seats that fold up and down to seat 4 extra people in the back. There is an aftermarket stereo installed in the center console. Under the hood, you&rsquo;ll find the 4.0L V8 Land Rover engine mated to a 4-speed ZF automatic transmission with available 4×4. The SUV is equipped with power brakes, power steering and AC. It also has four wheel disc brakes. The SUV sits upon a set of 16? 5-spoke Land Rover wheels wrapped in LT235/85R16 aggressive BF Goodrich tires that look great. Original Arles Blue Paint! EXCELLENT Original Interior! Highly Desirable & Sought After Read to Off-Road SUV! 4.0L V8! 4-Speed ZF Automatic Transmission! Air Conditioning! Make: Land Rover Model: Defender 90 Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic Miles: 111,795 Thanks for your interest. Kevin Kevin Make: Land Rover Model: Defender 90 Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic Miles: 111,795 Thanks for your interest. Kevin On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 7:39 PM, craigslist reply 309a <309a553e62a93f7ebec1ea9cf3df5e69@reply.craigslist .org> wrote: Mileage? Jap-spec? Thanks for your time. All the best-Dave http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/5572294834.html Sent from my iPhone ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Original craigslist post: http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/5572294834.html About craigslist mail: http://craigslist.org/about/help/email-relay Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other): http://craigslist.org/mf/ba56ca31aaf...5a5a807eaa69.6 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Original craigslist post: http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/5572294834.html About craigslist mail: http://craigslist.org/about/help/email-relay Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other): http://craigslist.org/mf/b4a24d3897b...09c63237da.295
Hard to tell from his message if he's really thorough, or if it's a scam. Very strange that the truck would be listed in Vancouver, and then all of a sudden he moves his business, and the truck, across the country to Nova Scotia. If it's real I hope someone here picks it up for a nice deal.
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:33 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
I was thinking the same thing! Just passing along the info. But to advertise in Vancouver isn't terribly strange as the assumption is that that is where all the disposable $$$ is right now.
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:50 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Sweet. I just contacted the seller. I was going to wire the money for a ROW truck on Monday. I wish I could just drive it home.
It's a scam.
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:56 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
It's a scam.
Figures. I'm going to toy with him then. Just for S&G's while I'm up all night with baby girl.
Old May 8th, 2016, 10:46 PM
MGPete
Pete C
'95 D90 SW

Registry
94 on NJ Craigslist.
1994 NAS Land Rover Defender
Old May 8th, 2016, 11:49 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
Quote:
I was going to wire the money for a ROW truck on Monday.
This sounds like the type of thing that is not going to end well....

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Old May 9th, 2016, 01:04 AM
terror
Drew
97 D90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
I was thinking the same thing! Just passing along the info. But to advertise in Vancouver isn't terribly strange as the assumption is that that is where all the disposable $$$ is right now.
There was a black 97 D90 ST w/ 6k miles ($158k!!) for sale a couple weeks in Vancouver via CL but ad has disappeared. Seemed bit odd since the photos were from a previous ad that was ran by another dealer a year (or two) ago. Smelled fishy.

------ Follow up post added May 8th, 2016 10:04 PM ------

ROW? Sorry, noob question.
Old May 9th, 2016, 01:37 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by terror View Post
Follow up post added May 8th, 2016 10:04 PM ------ ROW? Sorry, noob question.
Not at all. It stands for "Rest Of World" and it's really just a matter of perspective. As we are primarily a North American based forum while the vast majority of defenders aren't North American Spec.
Old May 9th, 2016, 04:21 AM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Here's a gem:
Landrover Discovery 2 Td5 Manual & Diff Lock "Total Pile of Crap " spares/repair | eBay

Here is my discovery 2 td5 example of british engineering absolute rubbish car if you want to throw yr money in a bush or in the bookies this is the car for you , head gasket went while watching Lady C natter to police in a traffic jam friday then the fuel tank exploded ... this is my second td5 and it'll be the last, they are totally crap , my mates 30'0" yacht has a better turning circle , my cheating ex girlfriend was more reliable ..make sure you have a drive cos thats where its gonna sit most of the time ..perfect for that disappointment feeling one craves and brilliant for those twat comments from the neighbours , leather seats ect ..Spares or repair or burn it for fun Does Not Run !!
Old May 9th, 2016, 07:22 AM
WeBeCinYa
Matt
94 ST #84

Registry
This RRC went up for sale couple days ago. I contacted seller immediately after it was posted and he replied that he had a family emergency and would contact me after he returned. Got Email last night saying his dad sold it and surprised him. Craigslist sellers are bullshitters 102% of the time. Anyone local get it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3685052647.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	149017
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old May 9th, 2016, 07:39 AM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
This RRC went up for sale couple days ago. I contacted seller immediately after it was posted and he replied that he had a family emergency and would contact me after he returned. Got Email last night saying his dad sold it and surprised him. Craigslist sellers are bullshitters 102% of the time. Anyone local get it?
That's a good looking truck... Maybe it will turn back up.
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old May 9th, 2016, 07:46 AM
WeBeCinYa
Matt
94 ST #84

Registry
For 1500 I'm sure it will be back on the market soon for $5k+ . Unless it was a rust bucket but that wont keep a select few from trying to capitalize.
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old May 9th, 2016, 07:54 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGPete View Post
94 on NJ Craigslist. 1994 NAS Land Rover Defender
That's popeohana's truck. I'd found it on Hawaii CL and knew it had been his (and that he'd been looking for it for years) and texted him the link where it was for sale before Matt could buy it.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...d90-46167.html
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:12 AM
WeBeCinYa
Matt
94 ST #84

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
That's popeohana's truck. I'd found it on Hawaii CL and knew it had been his (and that he'd been looking for it for years) and texted him the link where it was for sale before Matt could buy it. http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...d90-46167.html
Not a bad price for someone like Adventure Motorcars to scoop up and put some work in and flip for 60k. I should have bought it if I'd known it was just going to be sold again. I guess it wasn't so sentimental.
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market