Craigslist Finds - Page 40 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Join the Defender Source Community Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #781  
Old April 15th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Kevin88RRC's Avatar
Kevin88RRC
Status: Offline
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
"new water pump, new thermostat, new radiator."......hmmmmmm head gasket?!?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #782  
Old April 15th, 2016, 02:15 PM
WeBeCinYa's Avatar
WeBeCinYa
Status: Offline
Matt
94 ST #84
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin88RRC View Post
"new water pump, new thermostat, new radiator."......hmmmmmm head gasket?!?
New? He lost me at the pics of the goo.
__________________
1994 Defender 90
1995 Range Rover Classic
2006 LR3 SE
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #783  
Old April 15th, 2016, 02:47 PM
MisterSHO
Status: Offline
David Krongard
1987 110 / 1995 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hudson, MA
Posts: 105
Not mine, but different enough that it deserves a post!

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/5540603473.html


Range Rover Parts Business for Sale. This is a Large Inventory of Land Rover Range Rover P-38 ( 1995 - 2002 , 4.0 and 4.6 Range Rovers) This is an inventory of the Primary Selling Parts , Good , Clean Stock , the Majority of which is already labeled , bagged or boxed and stored in a dry clean place and very well organized.
A Rough Description.
Three Range Rovers , 1998's , Two with Their Engines and Basically or Near Complete , Both Running. All three have high value parts potential and are in excellent condition , clean stored indoors.
Parts = 10 doors , one complete stored drive train. Two 4.0 Engines , Two Hoods , Two Rear Hatches , Complete Sunroof Assemblies , Two Good Windshields ( in the Rovers ) Door Glass Etc.
A Large Amount of Inventory , Maybe 300 Plus Parts , some NOS and Later NOS Rover Parts. The parts would fill a large box van +.
The parts are all clean , no dirty junk at all.
Please come and see if you are serious. We are selling because we cannot service that market properly as our other commitments taking up all out time.
Reply With Quote
  #784  
Old April 17th, 2016, 12:30 PM
ontheway's Avatar
ontheway
Status: Offline
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hudson Valley, New York
Posts: 1,119
Registry
This one is hard for me to share... because I want it! Unfortunately the limiting factor for me is space/logistics since we live on post and move often... otherwise I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Incredible deal, IMO.

$3k 1998 Disco LSE, 50th Anniversary with upgrades, off-road goodies, and factory safari rack

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5542035136.html

Someone buy this thing so I don't
__________________
1986 Land Rover 110 SW
1995 Land Rover Disco (Sold)


Reply With Quote
  #785  
Old April 19th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Chuckwagon
Status: Offline
Chuck
96 Disco XD Eco Challenge
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
This one is hard for me to share... because I want it! Unfortunately the limiting factor for me is space/logistics since we live on post and move often... otherwise I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Incredible deal, IMO.

$3k 1998 Disco LSE, 50th Anniversary with upgrades, off-road goodies, and factory safari rack

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5542035136.html

Someone buy this thing so I don't
It was gone in a couple hours....
Reply With Quote
  #786  
Old April 20th, 2016, 07:45 AM
DannyboyUpstate's Avatar
DannyboyUpstate
Status: Offline
Danny Harrington
1983 110 3-door
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Albany, NY!!
Posts: 395
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSHO View Post
Not mine, but different enough that it deserves a post!

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/5540603473.html


Range Rover Parts Business for Sale. This is a Large Inventory of Land Rover Range Rover P-38 ( 1995 - 2002 , 4.0 and 4.6 Range Rovers) This is an inventory of the Primary Selling Parts , Good , Clean Stock , the Majority of which is already labeled , bagged or boxed and stored in a dry clean place and very well organized.
A Rough Description.
Three Range Rovers , 1998's , Two with Their Engines and Basically or Near Complete , Both Running. All three have high value parts potential and are in excellent condition , clean stored indoors.
Parts = 10 doors , one complete stored drive train. Two 4.0 Engines , Two Hoods , Two Rear Hatches , Complete Sunroof Assemblies , Two Good Windshields ( in the Rovers ) Door Glass Etc.
A Large Amount of Inventory , Maybe 300 Plus Parts , some NOS and Later NOS Rover Parts. The parts would fill a large box van +.
The parts are all clean , no dirty junk at all.
Please come and see if you are serious. We are selling because we cannot service that market properly as our other commitments taking up all out time.
Wow. That seems like a real misery business. lol.
Reply With Quote
  #787  
Old April 20th, 2016, 11:53 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,650
Registry
Dormobile Conversion 110 on Dallas CL

Land rover Defender 110 Dormobile conversion

Land rover Defender 110 Dormobile conversion - $42000 (southlake)

fuel: diesel

odometer: 92,000

I'm reluctantly selling my 1984 Land Rover defender 110 dormobile conversion (vin# SALLDHMC7AA245460) in great restored condition. Blame the wife!!!
I bought it 6 years ago and immediately added a factory AC as it was a must having the vehicle in Texas. It is fitted with the desirable 300 tdi engine which has been almost completely overhauled by a land Rover specialist here in the Dallas area, replacing almost all seals and gaskets, including the head gasket. I have all of the paperwork documenting the work done on the engine, drivetrain, brakes and suspension. This truck runs great!
I had the truck professionally restored which included removing and repairing all doors, windows, windscreen and any damaged panels. As well as replacing all the accompanying seals with new ones and new hinges. I had them paint it in my favorite British racing green.
I then had a specialist install a dormobile camper top to complete my dream off road camper. I was able to source the top directly from Dormobile in the UK
It also has been fitted with the r380 transmission to replace the older lt77. I added a sound/heat reducing insulation to the floorboards and firewall as well as an acoustic matting system under the seats and on flooring, around shift tunnel and firewall. I'm sure I have forgotten something but if you have questions please email or call!











__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #788  
Old April 21st, 2016, 05:48 PM
tk1215
Status: Offline
Tom
None
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 15
This may have been posted before, but it's been on craigslist for a while now. Has anyone checked it out, why hasn't it sold?

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/5542000834.html
Reply With Quote
  #789  
Old April 22nd, 2016, 10:39 AM
RX6RCROL's Avatar
RX6RCROL
Status: Offline
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wake Forest North Carolina
Posts: 844
Registry
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5549005583.html


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-997572921.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	147820
Reply With Quote
  #790  
Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:53 AM
rwollschlager's Avatar
rwollschlager
Status: Offline
Rob Wollschlager
72 SIII 88
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Omaha NE / Mystic CT
Posts: 314
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1215 View Post
This may have been posted before, but it's been on craigslist for a while now. Has anyone checked it out, why hasn't it sold?

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/5542000834.html
While it may be worth that much to someone, $16k for a series with unknown history on a non-galvy frame is a crack price/gamble
Reply With Quote
  #791  
Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:02 PM
mpodgorski's Avatar
mpodgorski
Status: Offline
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: S Florida
Posts: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX6RCROL View Post

That's my old truck!! Here's a glamour shot ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-832167716.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	615.7 KB
ID:	147829

then why it's in its current shape ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2231001219.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	147830
Reply With Quote
  #792  
Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:21 PM
Nomar's Avatar
Nomar
Status: Offline
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Central,Virginia
Posts: 3,829
Registry
"Im not trying to be rude but if you do not possess mechanical and fabrication skills this Defender is not for you--unless you are made of money and have a talented fabricator on hire."

I'm not trying to be rude, but someone should point out to the seller that basket-cases are not going for $40K...even with an LS motor and a...umm, all metal dash.


.
__________________


Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Reply With Quote
  #793  
Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:29 PM
roverguy2
Status: Offline
Brian Morton
1991 Defender 110 "Blanca"
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 218
Registry
1988 110

1988 Land Rover Defender 110



------ Follow up post added April 22nd, 2016 12:37 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
"Im not trying to be rude but if you do not possess mechanical and fabrication skills this Defender is not for you--unless you are made of money and have a talented fabricator on hire."

I'm not trying to be rude, but someone should point out to the seller that basket-cases are not going for $40K...even with an LS motor and a...umm, all metal dash.


.
I love this quote "A rusted NAS Defender 90 with high miles can be had for 25K. When this D90 is finished it will be worth at least 60K."

Looks like he should finish it and get $60K for it then instead of asking $40K for an unfinished project from hell.
Reply With Quote
  #794  
Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:16 PM
ron's Avatar
ron
Status: Offline
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Harwichport MA
Posts: 4,828
nice pile of parts.....
__________________
no thanks whatever I tell you, you will low ball me
I would rather keep the parts in storage
good luck with your search
Reply With Quote
  #795  
Old April 25th, 2016, 04:03 PM
roverguy2
Status: Offline
Brian Morton
1991 Defender 110 "Blanca"
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 218
Registry
1976 Series III 109

Not sure if this has been posted before but it looks like a nice start, Has spare transmission in back.
1976 Land Rover Series III
Reply With Quote
  #796  
Old April 26th, 2016, 03:48 AM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 3,994
Registry
'97 90ST w/6k miles. Can't tell NAS or CDN?

Do you think this guy means $158k CAD? If not, good God! Outside the market it's advertised? Vague wtf...

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5555587628.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2053283683.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	148114   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3309201864.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	148115  

Reply With Quote
  #797  
Old April 26th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Kevin88RRC's Avatar
Kevin88RRC
Status: Offline
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 758
LuxSport shows three '97s in their inventory.... none list a price.
LuxSport Motor Group | Luxury and Exotic Cars For Sale
Reply With Quote
  #798  
Old April 26th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Kelbo's Avatar
Kelbo
Status: Offline
Kelly
LR4/04 DII
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In a River
Posts: 330
Holy smokes....

Hmmmm... But wow.

Land Rover Defender | eBay
__________________
Kelbo

Current Rigs:
'12 LR4 HSE (Wife)
'04 Disco II

Former Rigs:
'94 D 90 ST
'84 D 130 Hi-Cap
Reply With Quote
  #799  
Old April 26th, 2016, 08:20 AM
o2batsea's Avatar
o2batsea
Status: Offline
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kensington md
Posts: 6,130
Registry
Why do people still spell 'brake' wrong? That's just annoying. Like spelling 'cow' k-o-w. And how is this thing possible legal?
__________________
Bill Adams

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"

All my troubles are Rover
Reply With Quote
  #800  
Old April 26th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Z.G's Avatar
Z.G
Status: Offline
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 4,417
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
Why do people still spell 'brake' wrong? That's just annoying. Like spelling 'cow' k-o-w. And how is this thing possible legal?
Agreed, it annoys me as well. However... it's more like spelling "right" as "write", as they are both words that mean different things.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DC/NoVa Craigslist finds... o2batsea For Sale - Vehicles 16 June 23rd, 2016 02:17 PM
Some sweet CL finds themaxx Misc. Chit-Chat 4 September 19th, 2007 04:19 PM
1994 Rear Bench Seat For Sale•••••••MAKE OFFER wife no longer finds proposal to turn JAD For Sale - Parts 3 February 13th, 2007 05:05 PM
D90 finds death in Val Borbera (Jan outing) Cube II Trips, Trails and Events 4 February 22nd, 2006 02:59 AM
More aftermarket parts finds, crank scrapers and windage trays! Hans Misc. Chit-Chat 0 February 28th, 2005 03:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Copyright