Craigslist Finds - Page 14 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #261  
Old October 29th, 2015, 09:45 AM
110fender
Status: Offline
devin
1987 110
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: richmond, virginia, usa
Posts: 775
See response from the guy on the Blue 90 in Chicago....

The car is still for sale and I'm ready to sell it for $ 25,000. It is registered on my name, it has done 110,500 miles. The title is clear (VIN SALDV3243VA102178 - no lien, accident free). It is located in Houston, TX and I'm selling it because I'm not in US anymore(I live in UK with my family now).

PS: I have attached more pictures to email
Thanks,

Next response...

A friend of mine listed on the internet for me because I can't do that from UK, he's from Chicago.
The car(title included) is in Autobytel possession. They will ship the vehicle and transfer the ownership on my behalf. So for both our security and insurance that nothing will go wrong, our deal will be done under Autobytel surveillance:
Autobytel | New Car Prices, Used Cars for Sale, Auto Prices, Car Pictures and Car Reviews

Your payment will go directly to Autobytel, they will receive and secure your funds until you will receive and inspect the vehicle. You will have a 3 days inspection period. If you like it, you'll approve the payment, they will pay me and transfer the ownership, if not, you'll reject the vehicle. In this case Autobytel will refund your money and pick it up from you.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #262  
Old October 29th, 2015, 10:06 AM
RX6RCROL's Avatar
RX6RCROL
Status: Offline
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wake Forest North Carolina
Posts: 1,095
Registry
I got this response...

The car is still for sale. For more photos and information contact me at michael.elick@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old October 29th, 2015, 10:08 AM
vasily's Avatar
vasily
Status: Offline
Vasily
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 729
Registry
This is not a real add.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #264  
Old October 29th, 2015, 10:16 AM
110fender
Status: Offline
devin
1987 110
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: richmond, virginia, usa
Posts: 775
Seriously? I have to get back to bank and cancel the $25k I just sent him......
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old October 29th, 2015, 10:18 AM
vasily's Avatar
vasily
Status: Offline
Vasily
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 729
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 110fender View Post
Seriously? I have to get back to bank and cancel the $25k I just sent him......

Haha

I imagine folks fo this stuff because it still works, right?
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old October 29th, 2015, 10:43 AM
LostChord's Avatar
LostChord
Status: Offline
Brian
86 D110 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,298
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 110fender View Post
See response from the guy on the Blue 90 in Chicago....

The car is still for sale and I'm ready to sell it for $ 25,000. It is registered on my name, it has done 110,500 miles. The title is clear (VIN SALDV3243VA102178 - no lien, accident free). It is located in Houston, TX and I'm selling it because I'm not in US anymore(I live in UK with my family now).

PS: I have attached more pictures to email
Thanks,

Next response...

A friend of mine listed on the internet for me because I can't do that from UK, he's from Chicago.
The car(title included) is in Autobytel possession. They will ship the vehicle and transfer the ownership on my behalf. So for both our security and insurance that nothing will go wrong, our deal will be done under Autobytel surveillance:
Autobytel | New Car Prices, Used Cars for Sale, Auto Prices, Car Pictures and Car Reviews

Your payment will go directly to Autobytel, they will receive and secure your funds until you will receive and inspect the vehicle. You will have a 3 days inspection period. If you like it, you'll approve the payment, they will pay me and transfer the ownership, if not, you'll reject the vehicle. In this case Autobytel will refund your money and pick it up from you.
Devin, you could have quite a bit of fun at this idgit's expense....
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old October 29th, 2015, 11:07 AM
mgreenspan's Avatar
mgreenspan
Status: Offline
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Nevada City
Posts: 1,719
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
Wow. That's a bargain with the extras it has. If only I wasn't moving soon and having to deal with the logistics of getting three cars across the country.
__________________
Do not read the next sentence.

You little rebel, I like you.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old October 29th, 2015, 11:09 AM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostChord View Post
Devin, you could have quite a bit of fun at this idgit's expense....
check this out for 419 scammer shaming ...

Welcome to the 419 Eater
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old October 29th, 2015, 11:46 AM
R3D R0V3R's Avatar
R3D R0V3R
Status: Offline
Joseph
'97 NAS 90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island, NY USA
Posts: 184
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasily View Post
This is not a real add.
I know for a fact the D90 is in New Jersey and is not for sale.
__________________
Joe
__________________
In search of the next adventure!
____________________
1997 NAS D90
1957 LR Series 1 SW (107)
1995 RRC
1993 RRC
Ex-2003 Disco II SE7
Ex-2001 P38
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old October 30th, 2015, 10:30 AM
RX6RCROL's Avatar
RX6RCROL
Status: Offline
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wake Forest North Carolina
Posts: 1,095
Registry
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/5292226532.html



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3552910230.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	133475
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old October 31st, 2015, 03:52 PM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,658
This is definitely a real ad.

1997 Land Rover Defender 90 soft top restored
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old November 1st, 2015, 08:24 AM
RX6RCROL's Avatar
RX6RCROL
Status: Offline
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wake Forest North Carolina
Posts: 1,095
Registry
3.9 Land rover motor in crate $325 http://greensboro.craigslist.org/pts/5279717962.html

96 land rover trans and tranfer case
http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/pts/5284177000.html
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old November 1st, 2015, 07:29 PM
RX6RCROL's Avatar
RX6RCROL
Status: Offline
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wake Forest North Carolina
Posts: 1,095
Registry
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...295530750.html


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1316234186.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	133692
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old November 1st, 2015, 08:46 PM
boswalt's Avatar
boswalt
Status: Offline
Brian Oswalt
1988 exmod 110
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 268
Registry
1991 Landrover defender diesel ex military

Just over the border and importable in about 60 days. Looks good for someone wanting a project. What's $9500 ca these days? $16 us or something?
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old November 1st, 2015, 08:56 PM
85Red110's Avatar
85Red110
Status: Offline
Kent
1985 110 3-door
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Springfield, VA USA
Posts: 707
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswalt View Post
1991 Landrover defender diesel ex military

Just over the border and importable in about 60 days. Looks good for someone wanting a project. What's $9500 ca these days? $16 us or something?
I've got a better truck than that available, if someone is looking for a similar configuration. It's on the east coast though.
__________________
1985 Land Rover 110 3-door ST
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:16 AM
Nomar's Avatar
Nomar
Status: Offline
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Central,Virginia
Posts: 4,216
Registry
not CL but ebay...who is this??

Land Rover Defender Range Rover Classic | eBay


.
__________________


Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:28 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
not CL but ebay...who is this??

Land Rover Defender Range Rover Classic | eBay


.
Looks like it came from Chequered Flag in Marina del Rey.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:48 AM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Looks like it came from Chequered Flag in Marina del Rey.
'I will be out of the country for many years' is that a euphemism for going to prison?
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 10:14 AM
Nomar's Avatar
Nomar
Status: Offline
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Central,Virginia
Posts: 4,216
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
'I will be out of the country for many years' is that a euphemism for going to prison?
No silly, he's traveling the world on his sailboat.
I dont which RR is more interesting...the '95 Safari model or the '80 Michael Jackson 2dr ??


.
__________________


Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 10:15 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
No silly, he's traveling the world on his sailboat.
I dont which RR is more interesting...the '95 Safari model or the '80 Michael Jackson 2dr ??


.
The 80's MJ came up a couple of years ago as well. Seems like a ton for either.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DC/NoVa Craigslist finds... o2batsea For Sale - Vehicles 16 June 23rd, 2016 01:17 PM
Some sweet CL finds themaxx Misc. Chit-Chat 4 September 19th, 2007 03:19 PM
1994 Rear Bench Seat For Sale•••••••MAKE OFFER wife no longer finds proposal to turn JAD For Sale - Parts 3 February 13th, 2007 04:05 PM
D90 finds death in Val Borbera (Jan outing) Cube II Trips, Trails and Events 4 February 22nd, 2006 01:59 AM
More aftermarket parts finds, crank scrapers and windage trays! Hans Misc. Chit-Chat 0 February 28th, 2005 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Copyright