Are you a avid Defender-phile????

Here ya go guys. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Defen...QQcmdZViewItem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:25 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

It should come along with a white 1988 range rover [with title]--oh wait, i have a 1988 white range rover.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
It should come along with a white 1988 range rover [with title]--oh wait, i have a 1988 white range rover.
I read the first two Ebay paragraphs and did an incredible translation in less than 85 seconds. Awesome!

"I am listing this because I was a dumbass and actually bought a car that is wholly illegal and I can't take the cash-money loss.. So my potential loss is your indictment!

I acquired this Defender TD5 90 inch wheelbase truck through some shady shit meth-lab/hedge-fund/mortgage-broker/rural Montana Rover shop.. The original Belgian owner tells me that I could import it legally and have it federally inspected in Mauritania, and that it is a 2010 Forward Control/101 model. It was brought over from Nigeria, disassembled, then rebuilt here by the Delorean Factory, but all from the same truck. This Belgian dude/friend then discovered an error in the original title and decided to pass it off to me, super-dummy, and I paid in cash, SO......this is being sold as "Parts Only/IQ sub-75-Required" and you're on your own for negotiating a deal with the Feds. I will not cover bail or attorneys fees.. Many avid Defender-philes will look at this and say "I'd rather rub a button of plutonium all over my naked body before bidding on this" but I hope to GOD that some assclown gets sucked in. Upto you, I'll have nothing to do with that part of it because even I know that it's completely illegal and I need the dough for my Ferrari GTO/Fiero kit car. That original Belgian/Nigerian owner believes he can get the title situation straightened out for it, but it's been awhile and I just want to sell it and move on without getting a call from DOT/NHTSA/EPA. Oh, and the Belgian guy said ECR worked on it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB
I read the first two Ebay paragraphs and did an incredible translation in less than 85 seconds. Awesome!

"I am listing this because I was a dumbass and actually bought a car that is wholly illegal and I can't take the cash-money loss.. So my potential loss is your indictment!

I acquired this Defender TD5 90 inch wheelbase truck through some shady shit meth-lab/hedge-fund/mortgage-broker/rural Montana Rover shop.. The original Belgian owner tells me that I could import it legally and have it federally inspected in Mauritania, and that it is a 2010 Forward Control/101 model. It was brought over from Nigeria, disassembled, then rebuilt here by the Delorean Factory, but all from the same truck. This Belgian dude/friend then discovered an error in the original title and decided to pass it off to me, super-dummy, and I paid in cash, SO......this is being sold as "Parts Only/IQ sub-75-Required" and you're on your own for negotiating a deal with the Feds. I will not cover bail or attorneys fees.. Many avid Defender-philes will look at this and say "I'd rather rub a button of plutonium all over my naked body before bidding on this" but I hope to GOD that some assclown gets sucked in. Upto you, I'll have nothing to do with that part of it because even I know that it's completely illegal and I need the dough for my Ferrari GTO/Fiero kit car. That original Belgian/Nigerian owner believes he can get the title situation straightened out for it, but it's been awhile and I just want to sell it and move on without getting a call from DOT/NHTSA/EPA. Oh, and the Belgian guy said ECR worked on it."
Nicely done! The ECR line just topped the cake.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Nicely done! The ECR line just topped the cake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old December 24th, 2008, 01:09 AM
TND90
Keith Allen
94 d90 ST

Soooooo, I should pull my bid on this truck?

Doc Holliday
Old December 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM
xrover
Len Cater
1997 D90

Hmmm. It came from Nigeria? This would be the first time something actually came out of Nigeria would it not?
My personal favourite line though is "Ferrari GTO/Fiero kit". That's like the King of turd mountain getting to wed the queen!
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
"I'd rather rub a button of plutonium all over my naked body before bidding on this"

That's priceless.
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:30 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
LOL. Wish the listing wasn't pulled so I could have seen that too.
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cred
"I'd rather rub a button of plutonium all over my naked body before bidding on this"

That's priceless.
I have no idea where I came up with all that nonsense.. Especially the plutonium part. It's just all magic spilling out of my scientific mind.

I do wish I had saved the original first two paragraphs. They were classic without any changes from me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market