Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old October 28th, 2014, 08:16 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Anyone looking for a 300tdi Disco?

On eBay last night is what sounds like a straight up well done 300 tdi conversion to a factory 5 speed Disco One. Under $10k.

Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Is it a green 95?
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Here's one that looks ok for $7500.
If someone is near Memphis...

http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/4699396438.html

1996 Discovery Land Rover with the 300TDI diesel conversion and 5 speed transmission. Has a Warn winch and custom built front bumper. Heat and air works great. Has leather seats and is in really good overall shape. 16" BF Goodrich mud tires on Wolf wheels.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
There will be a green one coming up for sale, 95, no rust, R380. Should be priced around $9k. I told him to list it on here as well so hopefully he does.
Old October 28th, 2014, 01:52 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Is it a green 95?
Yes, its green and I believe had Utah plates
Old November 23rd, 2014, 02:51 PM
lrnasd90
J. Landers
1983 110 LHD Galvanized Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
Here's one that looks ok for $7500.
If someone is near Memphis...

http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/4699396438.html

1996 Discovery Land Rover with the 300TDI diesel conversion and 5 speed transmission. Has a Warn winch and custom built front bumper. Heat and air works great. Has leather seats and is in really good overall shape. 16" BF Goodrich mud tires on Wolf wheels.

Just thought I would warn someone about this truck. It is the biggest pos I have ever seen. I drove 18 hours and spent $300 bucks on diesel to go buy it and within 2 minutes of looking it over I declined buying it. And he is firm on price.

Basically the low down is a non land rover guy shoe horned a 300 tdi into a $500 disco. (previous owner) So for parts it might be okay. It had rust all over the body, all the window seals where dry rotted (surely leak like crazy), most of the exhaust is rusted and the parts that aren't have flex pipe spliced into it in places, the dash has been apart so many times the fit was horrible (lots of the parts of the dash plastic are cracked....ie no good), the engine mounts where a piece of angle iron welded to the frame (they where already bent), the inter cooler was mostly gone due to corrosion, the paint was shot, most if not all of the lenses where cracked, the head liner is missing, a dent in the top above the rear door, it has all manner of rigged up stuff.....I could go on but I am tired from driving 1100 miles in the last 18 hours. I declined driving it or even hearing it run. On top of all that it is gross inside from just general filth (not just dirt and dog hair, there was actually green mold looking stuff on the rear seat)....I would have to clean the crap out of it before I could even get it dirty. I am not a clean freak or anything either. The guy that has it for sale is super nice and answered every question I asked truthfully, he just didn't know jack about land rover and has way way lower standards than I do. And he send me a bunch of pictures and I just missed some stuff and others weren't even in the pictures. I drove over knowing it was a rough truck, but didn't expect it to be as bad and as "rigged" as it was. Guy got it for a $3500 trade. So that should give you an idea of the condition.

***I take part responsibility for not asking the right questions and getting the right pictures and I paid for that, but I just don't think even if I had asked all the questions I would have asked enough to understand the condition, cause the guy thinks it is great. So we aren't even on the same wave length....no fault of his, cause he is really a super guy, just knows nothing at all about land rovers. And his standards are not like mine. I like stock stuff or better...not a cheap walmart switch hole sawed into the dash at a random place. Random wires running all over with butt splices everywhere....anyway I guess I made my point. Just tired and rambling now. Off to bed I go....been up since 3:45 am Saturday...
93 NAS D110 #137 Sold
1-94 NAS D90 #702 Sold
2-94 NAS D90s (#1112, #1586)tdi Sold
95 NAS D90 #262 Sold
1-97 NAS D90 #642 Sold
2-97 NAS D90s LE (#82,#222)Sold
110 Crew Cab Td5 Sold
Hybrid Series 3 Sold
3-D1 Sold
1- D2 Sold
4- RRC Sold
83 110 5dr Diesel (current)
97 Disco XD tdi (current)
I can quit at any time I am not an addict!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market