Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
bcstanle
Brandon Stanley
1994 D90 #1491

97 D90 SW been on market for long time

http://www.carsandpickups.com/inventory/view/560371

This thing has been on CL for a long time, I wanted to look at it before I bought mine, but they had on the website that it sold and then I guess they were wrong...

It seems like they'd be willing to do a deal, anybody seen it in person? Is it rusted out, missing a transfer case?
Anybody think they'd be willing to sell some of its accessories?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
rob37
Rob Whiteman
1995/D90 Coniston Green

I had it inspected - it's in rough shape. Here's the inspection report from North Texas Rover. Unless you're looking for a project, I'd steer clear of this one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Insp.PDF (29.2 KB, 163 views)
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

For what they spent on that jelly/shiny stuff all over the tires, bumpers, roll cage, etc. they couldve fixed some of the issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
Raleigh D90
Ben
Somewhere Across Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob37 View Post
I had it inspected - it's in rough shape. Here's the inspection report from North Texas Rover. Unless you're looking for a project, I'd steer clear of this one.
While I'm genuinely not surprised by the description provided "He purchased it new (dealer demo) from New Port Land Rover with 14,000 miles and has religiously maintained it. We have all the complete services records original books and some few extra parts. I recently took it on a road trip out west through Utah and Colorado and let me tell you that it drives amazing. Absolutely no issues with it of anykind and all the service is current. " (sorry couldn't get the font to change), this post is a stark reminder of what is par for the course when searching for a Defender and potentially purchasing without local, knowledgeable support or knowing and seeing it yourself. It's great to have this board and its members as a resource!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
mikeybob2@msn.com
Michael Sabanovich
1994 Defender 90 #1880

Registry
Someone should put a cost estimate on the issues in the report so a buyer would know the real cost of the truck...
1994 D90 #1880
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
usadventureracing
Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh D90 View Post
While I'm genuinely not surprised by the description provided "He purchased it new (dealer demo) from New Port Land Rover with 14,000 miles and has religiously maintained it. We have all the complete services records original books and some few extra parts. I recently took it on a road trip out west through Utah and Colorado and let me tell you that it drives amazing. Absolutely no issues with it of anykind and all the service is current. " (sorry couldn't get the font to change), this post is a stark reminder of what is par for the course when searching for a Defender and potentially purchasing without local, knowledgeable support or knowing and seeing it yourself. It's great to have this board and its members as a resource!

The D110 I purchased from a NC dealer (on this board by the way) stated "No None Issues" and was driven for 3 months prior to me purchasing, but as I noticed within 2 hours after delivery it has some major/ some minor issues. My take on it is be honest with the issues and then the seller can make a clear decision. I will fix all issues, but was not expecting some of them right off the bat, especially after talking with the dealer for at least a total of 2 hours.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
bcstanle
Brandon Stanley
1994 D90 #1491

Thanks for the info, it has been on the market for a long long time.

I found this one today, seems legit, i think its actually a pontiac fiero with a body kit (no but it seems too too good to be true). If it is true someone will be very lucky.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/2064182998.html
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:43 AM
speedway16
"Doctor"
TBD - looking!

I actually contacted the seller of the above Craigslist D-90 in Phoenix - as you would expect from the price and condition - SCAM ARTIST! I contacted Craigslist and they pulled down the ad but it looks like it's back! Buyer beware!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
90, 97, 97 d90, d90