Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old January 6th, 2014, 05:12 PM
bradfordish
Bradford
95 D90 SW #141

Registry
'84 Opus One, '84 Dominus and '85 Dominus

Looking to sell a couple of bottles from my wine collection. I have a 1984 bottle of Opus One, a 1984 bottle of Dominus Estate, and a 1985 bottle of Dominus Estate. All three have been kept at 55 degrees in my wine frig, and before me by the previous owner.

About each wine:
The 1984 Dominus Estate is the second vintage produced by the John Daniel Society solely from Bordeaux varieties grown at Napanook Vineyard in Yountville, California. Specific vineyard blocks were selected just before picking, an annual practice that ensures that only the highest quality fruit is used in making Dominus Estate. The 1984 vintage is composed of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Merlot.

Asking $120

The 1985 Dominus Estate is produced solely from Bordeaux varieties grown at Napanook Vineyard, creating the most harmonious and complex wine of the "first stage" of Dominus Estate --- the 1983, 1984 and 1985 vintages were blended from Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes grown on the property when we took over management. The 1985 vintage is composed of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Merlot. The climatic conditions of the 1985 season were moderate, and the final weeks of ripening were cool by California standards, resulting in gradual ripening and intensely flavored fruit with a mature tannic development.

Asking $140

One of Napa Valley's best vintages in a decade, 1984 saw an early budbreak, a long, moderate growing season, and dry, warm weather during harvest. Wines are rich, supple, and very aromatic, showing great balance and length. Cabernet Sauvignon 90%, Cabernet Franc 4% and
 Merlot 6%. According to Opus' aging guidelines, it is "ready to drink based on style preference" or it can continue to age.

Asking $260
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2014, 06:16 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
i guess i should ask if you will fedex it to boston?? [interested in the opus]

------ Follow up post added January 6th, 2014 06:20 PM ------

nevermind. i am passing.
Old January 7th, 2014, 11:57 AM
bradfordish
Bradford
95 D90 SW #141

Registry
For anyone interested, I don't mind shipping as long as you pay for it. However, we should also take temperatures into account before hand and wait for the right couple of days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2014, 09:11 AM
bradfordish
Bradford
95 D90 SW #141

Registry
bump

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market