2007 Lotus Exige S 26k miles, $43k - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old March 13th, 2014, 01:33 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

2007 Lotus Exige S 26k miles, $43k

I am thinking about parting ways with my 2007 Exige S with dealer (Lotus of Princeton) installed pinstripes and powercoating to look like a type 72D. There is a link to pictures in a thread when I bought it two years ago on lotustalk and I have a picture or two attached here (hopefully!). Touring and dealer installed starshield and aux lights are the only options.

The only things that have changed visually (from the lotustalk pics) are that the full door panels were replaced with black (the tan was getting a little dirty -- originals included in sale), I removed the front airdam (included with the sale minor scuffs on the bottom like all of them), I fitted a touring soft top (hard top included with the sale too), I fitted rubber mats (original carpet comes with it, including a new in plastic driver's side mat), and I fitted continental DWS tires. It is in the depths of my garage (one door, four spots) or I would get new pictures. You should see it in person anyway.

The great: both me and the previous owner were obsessive about maintaince. Oil changed with 5w40 royal purple every 5k, usually much less, has redline MT90 in trans, just before being put away, it got a new serp belt, oil filter and genuine lotus spark plugs (~$30 each) and brake pads on all four corners. Clean carfax (autocheck shows an incident, but that was when the PO made a shop replace the starshield on the spoiler because they scuffed it getting on a ramp -- yes really), no paint work ever, clean PA title in hand no liens. Never seen salt.

Apologies: a couple of the wheels have a scuff, it may need a new AC relay as it has had a power hiccup two or three times on long drives (~$150 part, easy to swap), the light for the engine start went out (I prefer it this way, although you could take it apart and replace the bulb if you do not). Should have a brake fluid flush and coolant change soon. I drain and refill the res, but I have not done full flushes. It could use a wash and wax. It was too cold to do so when I put it up in the fall. I should add what I thought was a rad leak was a hose leak and tighening fixed it. I do have a new rad and new hoses that I could include with the sale based on negotiations. It is after the VIN range for the oil cooler line recall.

I have 8 vehicles and, as much as I love my lotus, it is not pleasant to commute in and I rarely drive it otherwise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3170002140.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	736.4 KB
ID:	91158   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3543950510.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	733.0 KB
ID:	91159  

Advertisement

Old March 13th, 2014, 01:48 AM
evilfij
evilfij

Thanks!

I should say in the second picture in my original post, my lotus is SECOND in line. Only noticed that after I put it up. You know me and pictures ....
Old March 13th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
FWIW many of us have seen and admired this car @ Ron's when we visit. Very nice car

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 13th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Bump for one of the more impractical Vermont cars, but a car I need to own someday...
Old March 13th, 2014, 10:13 AM
tim
Timothy Homewood
Defender 50th going topless

I also have a Lotus Elise Type 72 beyond the defender 50th..I always describe both as 'perfect compromises' ..a bit like living in Paris, everyone should do, own one, at least once in their lives. Tim
Old May 22nd, 2014, 10:10 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Looks like she has sold. Just need to get the wire and get her on a transporter.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market