2003 Land Rover Discovery Drive Around the World Expedition - $8500 (Fletcher) on CL - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 6th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS
2003 Land Rover Discovery Drive Around the World Expedition - $8500 (Fletcher) on CL

2003 Land Rover Discovery Drive Around The World Longitude Expedition
Up for sale is one of only four Land Rover Discovery's used in the 2003 Drive Around the World Longitude Expedition. The expedition started in Sunnyvale California and drove over 41000 miles crossing four continents and 31 Countries all to raise funds to cure Parkinson's disease. Along the way the entire journey was filmed and turned into an epic TV show outlining the 15-month journey around the world. Here is a link to the Odyssey show website with tons of cool video footage and information on these incredible trucks. http://odysseyshow.com/ The truck I'm selling is actual "D2" which was the camera crew's truck for the entire journey.
These land rovers were incredibly well equipped to handle any off-road scenario that they may encounter over the 31 different countries that were traversed in the Fifteen-month journey. The truck listed here has the following modifications.
ARB bull bar
ARB safari snorkel
ARB side bars
BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 tires (new) size 245/75/16
HELLA Xenon lamps (2) mounted to brush bar
HELLA halogen lamps (4) mounted to roof rack
HELLA map lights (2) in cab and rear load space
HELLA backup light
HANNIBAL aluminum roof rack
HANNIBAL roof-top tent 58" wide x 48" long x 12" high
K&N lifetime air filter with charger kit
LAND ROVER GEAR waterproof seat covers, w/ Drive Around the World logo
LAND ROVER GEAR rear access ladder
LAND ROVER GEAR class III tow hitch receiver
LAND ROVER GEAR black rubber mats in front, back, and load space
OLD MAN EMU springs (#779 front, #763 rear)
OLD MAN EMU shock absorbers (#107 front, #108 rear)
OPTIMA starting battery with group 31 deep cycle battery mounted to frame
PRO COMP custom wide offset 16" steel wheels
SURE POWER dual battery separator
WARN XD9000 Self-recovery winch
This Land Rover has been off the road for the past couple years as I tried to get my ducks in a row to do a light restoration in order to preserve the history of this amazing and rare truck. It currently has 101000 miles but the engine only has 61,000 Miles. In November of 2009 the original motor bit the dust due to the infamous oil pump failure associated with the 2003 land rover 4.6-liter motors. In order to get away from having this problem again a 2004 4.6 liter motor outside of the problem range was installed; this motor had 48K miles at the time of install with a total cost of $5400 The install included new water pump and new Bosch ignition set. All work on this fantastic land rover was performed at Old English Cars in Mills River NC by a certified land rover technician. The roof top tent and awning have been stored inside since I purchased the truck and have only used three times. I continued to drive this truck until 2011 when I got out of college. Since then it has only been started and driven around the neighborhood. As badly as I wish I could keep it and bring it back to its original glory, I have come to the realization I just don't have the time or resources. So now its time for this truck to be in the hands of a Land Rover enthusiast that will give her the love she deserves. This truck is defiantly not 100% and there are some issues that need to be taken care of make it perfect.
• Needs new battery
• New Oil sending unit
• "Three Amigos" light which is a passenger front sensor issue
• Sagging Head liner
• Rear ladder paint is peeling
• The hood graphics are peeling
• Tires need to be balanced
• ARB snorkel and bumper have a bit of damage, nothing major
• All fluids changed
• Small leak in windshield
This is everything major that I can think of in need of attention, these repairs along with a light exterior restoration would bring the truck back to show quality. This truck has an incredible amount of history associated with it and is one of only four in the entire country. It deserves to be in the hand of someone that can preserve and appreciate it well into the future. I am listing at $8500 with Title in hand.

Defenders don't wear out they just need more parts.

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old November 6th, 2014, 10:22 AM
1987 defender 110
Land rover had one of the 4 at their tent at expo east. Cool truck and piece of history. I think this guy had been trying to sell this for some time.
Better than an G4 disco 2 IMO.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

2003, cover, disco, discovery, expedition, land rover