Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
Gustavo,

Sounds to me like you are planning on enjoying this process. It is nice when everyone comes to you, an enviable position no doubt but I have a feeling your deal would be too asymetrical for my tastes.

I am keeping an eye out for a deal on a 360 modena coupe in grigio alloy with manual gearbox but am in no hurry to get there. The price is only coming down for these with every new model year.
Scott,

I am not sure what you mean by asymetrical, but how can I give a price ( nonetheless in a public forum ) when I am not sure what your trade is exactly ( other than being a 110 ). I don't think it gets any easier than this, i.e " Hey Gustavo I have this 110 with XYZ, how about I give you my car and $ XXXXXX, what do you think? "

As far as an enviable position , I have none, sorry if I gave you that impression.

Maybe the prices come down rapidily, but Ferrari are like many other vehicles , option galore to dictate prices, not to mention service history et all.

I know you can bring Manheim MMR report up , and address the examples in there, those examples could be in many forms ( I know one of them for a fact ) as Dealers dump them before closing doors, full of paint, optionless, recorless, etc.

The bottom line is, She is sitting in my garage, hardly gets used, I will not ruin her as a daily driver ( a 308 I would ), so all I want is, if someone has a 110 that is thinking of letting go and think as well it would be nice to get a 360, then it could be a perfect fit for both.

I am not expecting full retail but neither wholesale.

As per your statement, it appears you want a Coupe 6speed manual and mine is a Spider F1, and like you I am in no rush at all, is she goes I will be happy and if she stays I would feel the same way.

If you want to pursue this further, give me a call, if not , thank you for your intentions

Gustavo
410-868-9800

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
Ok, I'll put in my bid. A 1984 110 in remarkable condition, and 2 pesos. Ok, 3.

Jennie ( I apologize if I called her wrong ) is way more valuable than my upscale Fiat , couldn't do that to you
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:06 AM
landrovered
S. Smith
72 Series III 109 Diesel

Thanks for the reply Gustovo,

I meant enviable in the sense of having the luxury of entertaining offers brought to you. I does keep the power in the negotiations in your court. There was no inference as to means as none was intended.

I meant asymetrical in terms of cash layout after the 110 is valued. Even at $45k for a 110 you are still looking at a fairly large cash transaction based on market values for the 360.

My problem is I am a collector by nature and hate to part with any vehicle that I own. Your offer is very tempting and I wish you well with it but I will hold out for the exact vehicle I am looking for and keep the 110 as well.

Cheers!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
RON, i love being corrected. especially when i am having a bad day. i am a dealer and know the meanings of wholesale values at auction and what wholesalers do to earn a living. thanks for the education though. was your comment really necessary.

sorry to break-up the thread. good luck selling it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:42 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

None of my comments are really necessary, including this one. I was not thinking that you were a dealer at the time and did not mean anything by it and did not really think of it as a correction.

Hope you have a better day.
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
One last chance as she might end up at auction soon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market