2001 D2 for sale (not mine) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 14th, 2015, 11:34 AM
2005 Disco 3
2001 D2 for sale (not mine)

I've seen this car a lot as its been sitting at a shop near my house. That shop has done most of the work on it and honesty its a lot of Disco for the money. It was sitting for 3+ months, I turned the key and it started right up and sounded great. Regarding the evap code, my opinion (and the opinion of the mechanic near my house who's shop its at) is that it needs to be driven for the emissions computer to have enough data to purge the code. Also not mentioned is the rear frame repair performed recently, typical of D2's he had the suspect and rusty sections cut out and replaced with new metal. I've seen this truck in person and if I had a spare $2500 I'd pick it up just to have.

Here's the seller's description:

Recent work done:
-Throttle Body gasket
-Timing Cover Gasket
-Water Pump Gasket
-Valve Cover Gasket
-2 new coil packs
-General tune up (including but not limited to: ignition cables and plugs)
-2 brake calipers
-Heat/AC blower motor

Tires are General Grabber ATs with most of the tread, spare is flat. Brush guard with Hella Lights which are not connected. The rear wiper ARM is missing and the horn button needs a new cap (right button). Window switch in the drivers seat will put the rear window down but not up. You need to use the switch on the door to put it up. Front passenger door lock actuator will lock but not unlock. Need to unlock by pulling the handle on the inside. Finally, the radiator needs a fix on the return to the reserve tank. The "nipple" broke and I have temporarily attached a hose to it however it does appear to leak coolant.

The disco is ready to pass "inspection" per the mechanic however will not pass emissions at the moment due to an "EVAP code". Therefore it does not have inspection stickers. I am not sure what the issue is or needs to be done to pass. Overall the truck runs great. It's never broken down on me. Was my daily driver however now that I have a new car, it doesn't get use so ready to part ways with it. Asking $2,500. I can be contacted at dcdantas84@gmail.com or 215-266-5646. Current pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4415.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	120723   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4416.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	120724  

Name:	IMG_4417.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	120725   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4418.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	120726  

Name:	IMG_4419.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	120727  
~2005 Disco 3 "Moneypenny"
~2008 GTI TSI
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

for sale