Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old May 28th, 2015, 02:15 PM
vasily
Vasily
97 D90 SW

Registry
1997 defender in Knoxville

Anyone from here? Oh, and he says its LE but its white...

1997 Land Rover NAS Defender 90 Limited Edition Station Wagon

http://1997defender.com/ -- This 1997 Defender 90 is so rare that I have never driven it that I didn't have someone ask me about it while I was out. I bought the Defender from a luxury car collector who had only put a few hundred miles on it and kept it in a garage for the 12 months he owned it. Even though the Defender is an off-road vehicle, I never had the heart to take it off-road and risk the scratches. I have kept it under cover and drive it at least once a week, and keep up with all maintenance and service while also taking great care to keep all the parts original LR Defender 90 parts. It is in excellent, used condition. No leaks, and only minor rust. I have tried to give it the best care possible over the last 16 years and have truly babied this one of a kind vehicle. The title is clean, only two owners, and I have been the only owner since 1998. I have the original window sticker, as well as all of the original Land Rover paperwork and accessories, and all of the service records.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2015, 02:32 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

IIRC, all the 97 LE's were Willow Green with the checkerplate and jungle gym... this is just a 97 NAS SW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 28th, 2015, 02:35 PM
vasily
Vasily
97 D90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykokid View Post
IIRC, all the 97 LE's were Willow Green with the checkerplate and jungle gym... this is just a 97 NAS SW.
Right, Clearly not LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2015, 03:32 AM
Nickels
PeterB
none

Cool

I inquired about it. It sold in a matter of hours, wired funds, done. I can't understand how somebody could buy a rig that way given the due diligence that should be undertaken. Maybe I'm too cautious?
Old May 30th, 2015, 09:49 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
I inquired about it. It sold in a matter of hours, wired funds, done. I can't understand how somebody could buy a rig that way given the due diligence that should be undertaken. Maybe I'm too cautious?
Because it's likely going to be flipped by a dealer who doesn't care about the due diligence we care about. They're willing to take on the risk to potentially sit on it for months or sell it immediately.

$42k for a 1997 with 121k miles sounds like there wouldn't be much/any room left for a dealer but who knows. Regular buyers are also having to compete with dealers who are willing to just wire the funds without seeing it in person, so it has forced "regulars" to skip the due diligence when time is of the essence.
Old May 30th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Nickels
PeterB
none

Yeah, I hear ya, that's exactly what's going on. The way the ad was presented gave me some pause, 30 foot scenery shots. By the time I got around to asking to see more important photos, it was sold. Seemed like a nice seller though. The search continues....
Old May 30th, 2015, 10:26 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Peter,
If what appears to be a clean NAS that meets your initial criteria, in your first contact with the seller, offer a $1000 deposit (PayPal) to hold a vehicle for a fix time (few hours) with the understanding he/she provides the photos and videos to your satisfaction. If you ask to hold a few days until a PPI can be performed, there is a good chance it will not be worth the effort to the seller to agree to those terms.
Old May 30th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Nickels
PeterB
none

Good point, thanks for the advise.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
1997, 97, defender