1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
1994 Arles Blue Project (In Pieces) For Sale - $15,500

Project truck anyone?

It looks like it even has A/C

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281279292037

Seller is Skytop out of Philadelphia PA - haven't heard from them in a few years.

skytoprover (130 )

Price: $15,500 Buy It Now

1994 Land Rover Defender 90

1994 Land Rover Defender 90 Base Sport Utility 2-Door 3.9L

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

VIN: SALDV2285RA940389

Plaque Number: 949

Mileage: 217,000

Notes:

This vehicle is a project. It is about 85% complete. It is missing several key parts, including both fenders and radiator support. There are various scratches and dents, and some surface rust on the chassis. Bulkhead is in good condition. The engine is a long block 3.9 liter that has been rebuilt with no miles on it. Was brought in as a project by a customer, who abandoned it.”

Additional Notes:

1994 NAS Defender 90, this was a project that was brought into our shop many years ago, and was never finished. We have no inclination to finish it. It was in an accident, and the front axle was damaged, as were the 2 front fenders. The axle was replaced, and the vehicle was fitted with a rebuilt 3.9 V8 long block engine. The roll cage was taken off, and the paintwork was sanded down in preparation for new paint. Most of the spats (wheel arches), lights, hardware, etc. were removed and put in boxes (pictured). The Vehicle then sat for about eight years. The vehicle is about 85% complete, it will need new new front fenders, as well as a radiator support, and front bumper. The hood is there, and is undamaged. The chassis is still solid, and has some surface rust. The bulkhead is also in very good condition. Most of the parts apart from the above are there. Starter turns over engine, but it appears that the fuel pump is not working, as it has spark but no fuel pressure. Comes with a clean NJ title, last known mileage was 217K. This is not a vehicle for someone other than a knowledgeable mechanic who has the space and time to put this Defender back together. The only way it will be worth doing is if you are smart enough to figure out how to bring the spare parts you need over from the UK from one of the many suppliers, and put them on yourself. Do not email me with questions if you have no knowledge about these vehicles, other than you think they are cool and you want one. If you don't know how a differential works, and do not know what the transfer box does, or don't know the difference between amps and watts, keep on browsing. I am not negotiable on the price, and if you are not willing to come out and see it yourself, or send someone out to see it, do not buy it. I will answer your questions to the best of my ability, but nothing beats laying eyes on things like this, as we may have very, very different ideas about how to classify the condition of vehicles.

Here is the deal: It will need some of the electrical system put back together, one of the wires leading to the ECU melted. It appears to be the main (brown) lead. It will need the 2 front fenders (wings) sourced and installed, as well as the radiator support. The roll cage needs to be reinstalled, and will most likely need new (read: Stainless) hardware. I suggest you paint it before you put the roll cage, and then install the wheel arches. Get the fuel pump sorted out, re-install the new ignition switch (provided), and put the dash back together. Dash is in good condition, seats are pretty worn, but still workable. No battery. The engine was a complete long block rebuild, and has no miles on it. Spins over just fine with the starter. This Defender was very much a daily driver before the accident, and as far as I know there was nothing wrong with the gearbox, diffs, or transfer box. it will need a brand new top.

Here is the deal; This is a great opportunity for someone who has not basic, but advanced automotive training and knowledge of how to put things back together. The parts should not be more than $4500 if you know what the hell you are doing when it comes to buying Land Rover bits overseas. It will probably take about 80 man hours to get it back together. This is a guess, but an educated one. You do the math. Email me with questions, and I will try to answer them, and by all means come out and see it, or send someone who knows what they are looking at to check it out for you. Sold as is, where is, no whiners and no trust fund kids with mommy's credit card. Call me to set up an appointment. 215-426-2748.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	90737   Click image for larger version

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	90738  

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 3.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	90739   Click image for larger version

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 4.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	90740  

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 5.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	90741   Click image for larger version

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 6.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	90742  

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 7.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	90743   Click image for larger version

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 8.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	90744  

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 9.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	90745   Click image for larger version

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 9-1.jpg
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	90746  

Name:	SALDV2285RA940389 9-2.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	90747  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2014, 10:13 AM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
Holy crap 15K? What is this guy thinking?

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:16 AM
One Ten
Sam
1994 NAS SW

The ad says it will take 80 man hours to put back together. I'm thinking more like 80 days. Looks like a lot of work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Ten View Post
The ad says it will take 80 man hours to put back together. I'm thinking more like 80 days. Looks like a lot of work
seriously coming from you talk it down so you can get another one cheap!! Kidding of course want to see more from your build.
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

If only my 110 was finished now...this would be perfect!
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:40 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede View Post
If only my 110 was finished now...this would be perfect!
Considering your 110 requires greater than 80 hours to complete, I am willing to buy your 110 project for whatever this D90 project sells for...
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:51 AM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
I wonder if it has a clear title
ALSO
if the previous owner "abandoned" it, does the shop actually have the title in hand?

I don't think a pile of parts equals $15K
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:54 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Oh man I was just looking at skytoprover's feedback wondering why it was beloe 90%.

Negative Feedback: the car is nothing like described multiple rust holes bigger than a fist

Item: Land Rover : Defender County Station Wagon (#281220274066)
Buyer: b***i ( 478)
Date/Time: Jan-24-14 10:54
US $12,900.00
Best Offer Price was Accepted

Item Description:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...6#ht_314wt_982

1985 Land Rover Defender County Station Wagon 1985 Land Rover Defender County Station Wagon
1985 Land Rover Defender 110 County Station Wagon, Diesel

Item Location: Sag Harbor, New York, United States

Description: I am selling a RHD 1985 Defender 110 County Station Wagon, with its original 2.5 liter diesel engine and five speed LT-77 gearbox. Originally from Wales. Power steering, power brakes, original brown tweed interior, original rear bench seats. Original paint with County livery, starts and runs well, good overall condition for the year, not a restoration or rebuild. Has a lot of character, meaning a few dings and dents, faded paint, interior in decent shape. Missing one rear bench seat bottom cushion. Chassis is in overall very good condition, with a newer rear crossmember, and two new front outriggers. Has a spare rim but no tire, and the jack. Front brush guard is older, with a few spot of rust. brand new shocks and heavy duty springs. Bulkhead has a few spots on it that may need attention, but they do not affect the driveability or overall integrity. Doors are ok, but will need attention at some point down the road, but function correctly as she now stands. Engine purrs like a kitten, and the gearbox goes through the gears smoothly with no jumping out of gear, and no crunching. Electrics all work correctly, incl gauges, etc. Rear door was replaced at some point, and is very solid. Dash is in good condition, as are the seats, still in very good condition. Power steering works correctly, and does not leak, no binding or catching. Tires are in fair condition. Engine bay is in good order, with brand new radiator. Charging system works correctly. This is a great Defender for the price, and as with all things British and old, would be best suited to someone with a bit of experience with Brit quirkiness. This is a Defender that is currently being driven on a somewhat daily basis, and it runs beautifully. The 2.5 liter diesel four is one of the best engines Land Rover produced. Not a speed demon, but perfect for your cabin or lake house. The Defender is currently in the Hamptons in Sag Harbor, where it is being used as a runabout when I am there. I can also arrange delivery door to door. Also, please be aware that this is not a rebadged, re-vinned newer model Defender, it is just about completely original (save the Discovery rims) and has all the requisite patina that is to be expected. The chassis number matches the number on the VIN plate. I received neg feedback from someone who purchased a vehicle we sold, who thought they were buying a restored vehicle. You are not buying a restoration, and you are not paying upwards of $100K for a leather clad, new paint, electric window, air conditioned 2010 Defender that is being passed off as an '80's model. It is simply a well looked after Defender that was not used off road or on a farm. Please ask questions before buying, I have over 20 years experience with these vehicles. We can also arrange delivery door to door, at buyers expense. Obviously, not warranties, and sold as is, but it really is a great 110 for the price, and a great opportunity. Comes with a clean Pennsylvania title, VIN NUMBER IS SALLSHMC7BA23213. Call for full details, 215-426-2748.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1985 Defender County 1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	90748   Click image for larger version

Name:	1985 Defender County 2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	90749  

Name:	1985 Defender County 3.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	90750  
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Hardtimes
Russell Newhall
110dc, 110sw, 97 nas90 LE

Registry
Buy it now was $7900 for the first three hours it was posted last night. He had three offers within the first five minutes. I was watching it pretty close because I needed one for a project. Now that he adjusted the price, just can't put a pencil to it.
Old March 5th, 2014, 11:04 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Originally from Wales = rust bucket.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old March 5th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityD90 View Post
I wonder if it has a clear title
ALSO
if the previous owner "abandoned" it, does the shop actually have the title in hand?

I don't think a pile of parts equals $15K
My thoughts exactly. I'd buy it at half the asking price if the VIN was clean and clear.
Old March 5th, 2014, 11:36 AM
One Ten
Sam
1994 NAS SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtimes View Post
Buy it now was $7900 for the first three hours it was posted last night. He had three offers within the first five minutes. I was watching it pretty close because I needed one for a project. Now that he adjusted the price, just can't put a pencil to it.
I'm surprised nobody clicked the "buy it now" when it was at $7900.
Old March 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
At $7,900 I'd likely just click Buy it Now rather than watch it for what I see there. There is little-to-no recourse for a deadbeat buyer or seller on eBay, so if you found out afterward that he doesn't hold the title or something like that, you don't have to buy it.
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:07 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Fuck me.

I would have bought it at that.
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:16 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry

Is that part of the fuel tank cradle pealed up on the right?
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:44 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Clearly sitting in this mechanic's lot, open to the elements for some time. I'll bet that chassis is not straight. Not that it matters. It's the LHD dash and VIN that have the value...but not $15.5K.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Hardtimes
Russell Newhall
110dc, 110sw, 97 nas90 LE

Registry
I agree with both of you. It was stupid not to do so.. Logistics were my biggest problem. Everything in PA and me in NM. I sent him a message asking if he would hold it for a month for me to get it and my response was a 15k Buy it now.
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eas...a-pa-80005749/
http://forums.roversnorth.com/showth...gabor+antalics

Looks like he needs to raise some funds asap, court on the 21st.

http://www.courts.phila.gov/apps/cri...OR,%20ANTALICS

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 5th, 2014, 12:59 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

So he got a DUI.
Old March 5th, 2014, 01:10 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
I like the sales tactic:
Hey, this is a valuable Land Rover once it's fixed up. Don't come to me acting like a noob pussy if you want it. I hate that. Give me the money and take this away.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
1994, arles blue, for sale