Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old February 19th, 2009, 10:09 PM
electricitycycles
Kip
None

1993 NAS 110 w/300tdi and expedition trailer

This is a really cool rig

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1993-Land-Rover-NAS-Defender-110_W0QQitemZ330309152237QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Trucks QQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=i tem330309152237&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72 %3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 19th, 2009, 10:21 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Yep, belongs to a guy named Kermit. Seeing that truck in a parking lot is what inspired me to get into this whole mess. Thanks Kermit...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 20th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Overland90
Chris
95/D90 #169; Aston Martin

Registry
Any idea on what the package will fetch?

Watching season 4 of Lost tonight and what rolls through the middle of the scene...a beautiful NAS 110...my heart raced. It's now in the top spot on my list of must haves...placing the '63 Cobra in #2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Interesting rig. Love that chuck wagon. He list's the engine as EPA/DOT approved ?

The rangie back seat looks like a good fit but I can't tell how much further back into the load space it sits. The fake spare tire tool box is also an interesting idea- certainly easy to get to.

T posts look rusty but he says "door sill's have been replaced".

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old February 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Tyler Wirken
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE

I know this truck personally. Been around it since he bought it basically. Just saw it the other day. I LOVE this truck. It is so well thought out. I have not poked around it heavily in terms of rust or not, but he knows what he is doing with these things and will be straight about it I am sure.

The range rover seats are sweet. He cut them down and they fit perfect. What an amazing change from the stock ones. Tons of leg room now with out really sacrificing any load space.

Just thought I would vouch for it. Sad to see it go possibly.
Old February 20th, 2009, 12:12 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I have spent some time with this Land Rover. Service maintenance etc.. The vehicle has led a full life as an expedition truck since he bought it new. It has remained his prized possession, thus he has treated it as such. And I believe it has served him well in many adventures, in his interesting life. Sad to see him let it go. I am sure a part of him will be attached to it regardless.

Be nice to see someone interesting pick it up and carry on with that tradition. I am sure the vehicle has much more to give for a new owner. A vehicle like this could define someones very lifestyle. This truck was not built at Solihull so it could sit in someones garage to just be adored. It has a soul that seeks the open road. I call it the White Elephant.

JP
Please do not direct any questions to me. Seek out the owner and see if you make a connection. Beyond that it is just nuts and bolts.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:47 PM
serialNSXer
Anil Sethi
'93 NAS110 #451 "Elliott"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland 110
Interesting rig. Love that chuck wagon. He list's the engine as EPA/DOT approved ?.
Check the listing, I asked for the EPA info and got an interesting answer. BTW, is that an aux A/C unit hanging off the back of the inside roof? And, is the seller on this board?

'91 Schumacher Benetton F1,
, 1993 CT 110, '68 Mini, '59 Isetta, '08 Civic Hybrid, '07 Element 4WD 5-spd, 125cc EasyKart
Old February 21st, 2009, 09:20 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I've don't remember Kermit getting on this board, maybe once or twice, but it could have been somewhere else too, I just don't recall.

Either way, I don't know what he means by "approved" (or whatever language was used in the ad) - he might just mean that the title says "diesel" because it was changed at the DMV. This truck is of course highly modified but I think someone like you Anil, who has an appreciation for the esoteric and a taste for functionality, would be a good owner for this truck. In my opinion, I'd re-do some of the mods to make them a little more pleasing to the eye, but the truck is the real deal. At least you know you're getting a truck set up to actually function in the real world instead of being a show queen for catalog parts.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
serialNSXer
Anil Sethi
'93 NAS110 #451 "Elliott"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
This truck is of course highly modified but I think someone like you Anil, who has an appreciation for the esoteric and a taste for functionality, would be a good owner for this truck.
You're hundred percent right, I'm not looking for a show queen. The NSX-RR I built consistently shifts...by bouncing it off the limiter. And, I expect some track days are in its future. These toys are only useful if you have lots of fun with them. So, I couldn't agree with you more.

I'm in e-mail communication with Kermit now. His truck looks stunning. We're going to talk via e-mail a little more. However, I also have a 1993 Camel Trophy awaiting shipment from the UK to the US. It can be a parts car only, and I'll graft it's Camel Trophy persona onto a 1993 US-legal vehicle.

The question remains, do I get something as nicely built as Kermit's truck, or do I get a 1993 NAS (in need of restoration) and my own 100% build from scratch?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anil's 93CT.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	17940  

'91 Schumacher Benetton F1,
, 1993 CT 110, '68 Mini, '59 Isetta, '08 Civic Hybrid, '07 Element 4WD 5-spd, 125cc EasyKart
Old February 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I think you should do both - what I mean is get Kermit's truck, use it some, and then make it your own. You can always get take in a stray dog. Even though K's truck is nicely done, there are probably lots of little things I'd change just to fit my taste or use. It would be great painted sandglow...

Old February 22nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

I agree with Jim. I have seen Kermit's truck up close and there are many things that I like about it. I breifly entertained the idea of selling mine and buying his, but the more I thought about it, the more I was convinced I would wind up putting just as much into it removing those things that did not map to my needs/taste than I would save closing the gap on the stuff he has done that I would like to do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
110, 300tdi, expedition, nas, nas 110, tdi