Old July 10th, 2014, 04:45 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
1993 d110 diesel - $35,000

this looks neat for someone not trying to break the bank:
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4562657742.html

i think the state assigned VIN gets to off the hook for the diesel in many places..... plus it looks 100's of times better than the other 80's junk out there.

this has got to be the best advertising line in a LONG time:
" The truck does not have Air Conditioning. (This note is for the non-Land Rover people who are sure to call and ask.) "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2014, 04:55 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Cool how you bag these Defender CL listings from around the country within minutes of their postings. Please share your trade secrets....
Old July 10th, 2014, 04:59 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys

Registry
criagslist pro on my ipad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	craigslist pro.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	98546  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2014, 05:07 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Cool how you bag these Defender CL listings from around the country within minutes of their postings. Please share your trade secrets....
http://www.allofcraigslist.com
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
search/autotempest works well too
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:26 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Not mentioned, but it has a galv chassis.
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
gone off CL

SHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:42 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Did anyone happen to save the pics! I didn't see thread until after it was removed!

------ Follow up post added July 10th, 2014 04:46 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by d90boy View Post
criagslist pro on my ipad
Do you have your Personal Mesaging disabled?
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

He does. Email only

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:01 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys

Registry
if you sell me your LE i will send you photos of the 110.
[you teased me and NEVER responded to the 5 emails i sent you.] =) i dont forget things.......

------ Follow up post added July 10th, 2014 06:05 PM ------

give me 5 and i will email them to you.

------ Follow up post added July 10th, 2014 06:06 PM ------

its back
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4562800677.html

"All right.... Who ever flagged the listing, If you want it, come buy it. If I am advertising mine cheaper then yours, lower your price. If you have a problem with me personally, grow a pair and call me. Telephone deficient? There's an email link on the listing."
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:06 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Quote:
if you sell me your LE i will send you photos of the 110. [you teased me and NEVER responded to the 5 emails i sent you.] =) i dont forget things....... ------ Follow up post added July 10th, 2014 06:05 PM ------ give me 5 and i will email them to you.
I'm not discussing that with you here, but I was trying to resist your temptation. I was vulnerable back then! LOL!
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:08 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys

Registry
check your email cowboy. =)

this is the only place you would respond. LoL
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
gone off CL

SHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!

Oooooooo, that's low. Flagging a CL post so no one else can jump it. Well played Sir.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old July 10th, 2014, 08:38 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
How come when I flag spam it never disappears but some douche can flag something legit and it's immediately gone?
Old July 10th, 2014, 10:07 PM
albrechtmj
Mike Albrecht
None now (grrr)

Gone from CL again...

Did anybody capture the info?

If so, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks.
Old July 10th, 2014, 10:08 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
its back
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4562800677.html

"All right.... Who ever flagged the listing, If you want it, come buy it. If I am advertising mine cheaper then yours, lower your price. If you have a problem with me personally, grow a pair and call me. Telephone deficient? There's an email link on the listing."
Gone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old July 11th, 2014, 09:12 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys

Registry
this is almost entertaining now. i should buy it just to advertise it. =)
Old July 11th, 2014, 09:35 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Back up a 3rd time:
http://omaha.craigslist.org/ctd/4563199801.html
All right.... Who ever flagged the listing... Twice: If you want it, come buy it. If I am advertising mine cheaper then yours, lower your price. If you have a problem with me personally, grow a pair and call me. Telephone deficient? There's an email link on the listing. Otherwise grab another Moxie, eat a whoopee pie and chill out.

Think of this as a kit car. It has a state of Nebraska assigned VIN number. It was not made by Land Rover, It has no Land Rover serial number. Many of the parts were made by Land Rover. The vehicle completed the state inspection process and was assigned a VIN number in May. It has a clear Nebraska title that is transferable to all fifty states*

The truck is very similar to a ROW Land Rover Defender 110 build between 1987 and 1997. The color is Balmoral Green with a white roof. It is powered by a Land Rover 200Tdi* engine. The Transmission is an LT77. All four wheel positions have disc brakes. The frame is galvanized. The wire loom is external to the frame.

The interior is not Balmoral green. More of a Coniston Green. We lined the floors with a black hard epoxy sealant. The seats are cloth. The door cards and trim pieces are black. Two front bucket seats with a cubby and a three place bench in the back. The cloth in the front and the back do not match. We installed a new iPod ready AM/FM cd player with two front speakers. It has a NAS SW style Sunroof.

The Good:

--The engine runs exceedingly well. I drove it for over three hundred miles last week and got over 30mpg. It will make 75 mph on the interstate. The comfortable speed (for almost any Defender, including this one) is 60 mph.

--The transmission shifts as is should. The tires are about 90%.

--It has new coco mats from front to rear.

--I have owned and driven many Defenders. This one goes down the road as well as any of them.

--For the most part the body is in good condition with very little corrosion.

--This is not a Land Rover. It does not have a Land Rover VIN.

The Not so Good:

--We did not install a headliner. The grab handles above the rear passenger doors are missing. I am sure that there will be unknown plastic trim pieces missing throughout the vehicle.

--The truck does not have Air Conditioning. (This note is for the non-Land Rover people who are sure to call and ask.) The temp gauge is a little wonky and is prone to reporting that the engine is cold when it is not. We know this because. . .

--We did not install insulated front mats in the front over the tunnel. The floor can get a little warm. In January, this is OK. In July, in Nebraska. . . meh.

--There IS rust in the doors along the steel frames causing the paint to bubble on the aluminum skins. This is hard to photograph. When you ask for additional photos, I have some that will show the issue. It is a REPAIRABLE issue. You will not need to replace the doors.

--*Although the title can be transferred to anyone of the other 49 states, sadly, the engine can not. If you are confused about this, please check with your local motor vehicle licensing expert prior to purchase.

If you are a fan of Defenders, want a fuel efficient diesel engine and you understand that you are purchasing vehicle that carries no warranty of any kind, please email or call with questions. I am happy to send a file folder of photos to your email address.

Please read the following if you have not had many conversations with other human beings about Land Rover Defenders:

Yes, I expect to get $35,000 for this vehicle or a sum very close to it. This is not a good vehicle if you lack patience. All Defenders must be driven deliberately and must be maintained. Yes, these are like the vehicles that you may have seen on TV. They show up regularly in commercials and movies where a level of coolness is being implied. No, I don't want any trades on this particular truck unless its another Defender. Yes, you can get parts from several competent sources around the country. No. It is most certainly not a Jeep. No. There is no warranty.

Old July 11th, 2014, 09:37 AM
aquatiger
S
none

Registry
Snagged the info while it is still up, and some of the pictures:

---------
All right.... Who ever flagged the listing... Twice: If you want it, come buy it. If I am advertising mine cheaper then yours, lower your price. If you have a problem with me personally, grow a pair and call me. Telephone deficient? There's an email link on the listing. Otherwise grab another Moxie, eat a whoopee pie and chill out.

Think of this as a kit car. It has a state of Nebraska assigned VIN number. It was not made by Land Rover, It has no Land Rover serial number. Many of the parts were made by Land Rover. The vehicle completed the state inspection process and was assigned a VIN number in May. It has a clear Nebraska title that is transferable to all fifty states*

The truck is very similar to a ROW Land Rover Defender 110 build between 1987 and 1997. The color is Balmoral Green with a white roof. It is powered by a Land Rover 200Tdi* engine. The Transmission is an LT77. All four wheel positions have disc brakes. The frame is galvanized. The wire loom is external to the frame.

The interior is not Balmoral green. More of a Coniston Green. We lined the floors with a black hard epoxy sealant. The seats are cloth. The door cards and trim pieces are black. Two front bucket seats with a cubby and a three place bench in the back. The cloth in the front and the back do not match. We installed a new iPod ready AM/FM cd player with two front speakers. It has a NAS SW style Sunroof.

The Good:

--The engine runs exceedingly well. I drove it for over three hundred miles last week and got over 30mpg. It will make 75 mph on the interstate. The comfortable speed (for almost any Defender, including this one) is 60 mph.

--The transmission shifts as is should. The tires are about 90%.

--It has new coco mats from front to rear.

--I have owned and driven many Defenders. This one goes down the road as well as any of them.

--For the most part the body is in good condition with very little corrosion.

--This is not a Land Rover. It does not have a Land Rover VIN.

The Not so Good:

--We did not install a headliner. The grab handles above the rear passenger doors are missing. I am sure that there will be unknown plastic trim pieces missing throughout the vehicle.

--The truck does not have Air Conditioning. (This note is for the non-Land Rover people who are sure to call and ask.) The temp gauge is a little wonky and is prone to reporting that the engine is cold when it is not. We know this because. . .

--We did not install insulated front mats in the front over the tunnel. The floor can get a little warm. In January, this is OK. In July, in Nebraska. . . meh.

--There IS rust in the doors along the steel frames causing the paint to bubble on the aluminum skins. This is hard to photograph. When you ask for additional photos, I have some that will show the issue. It is a REPAIRABLE issue. You will not need to replace the doors.

--*Although the title can be transferred to anyone of the other 49 states, sadly, the engine can not. If you are confused about this, please check with your local motor vehicle licensing expert prior to purchase.

If you are a fan of Defenders, want a fuel efficient diesel engine and you understand that you are purchasing vehicle that carries no warranty of any kind, please email or call with questions. I am happy to send a file folder of photos to your email address.

Please read the following if you have not had many conversations with other human beings about Land Rover Defenders:

Yes, I expect to get $35,000 for this vehicle or a sum very close to it. This is not a good vehicle if you lack patience. All Defenders must be driven deliberately and must be maintained. Yes, these are like the vehicles that you may have seen on TV. They show up regularly in commercials and movies where a level of coolness is being implied. No, I don't want any trades on this particular truck unless its another Defender. Yes, you can get parts from several competent sources around the country. No. It is most certainly not a Jeep. No. There is no warranty.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01313_68sN7O3sPAY_600x450.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	98575   Click image for larger version

Name:	00707_lkUe682KwPw_600x450.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	98576  

Name:	00X0X_8CTikCOdJc9_600x450.jpg