Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old January 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
1988 - import ready

Here you go fellas...I am on the lookout for a LHD 110 over the pond.

This si RHD - but looks to be in tip top shape.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover...item3cce2ae087
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2013, 10:50 AM
RoversNorth
RN
2012 Land Rover Defender
D-90 Source Vendor

You know the seller is a true car enthusiast,
"PAINTED IN FUNKY ORANGE!!
WHITE WHEELS
CHUNKY TYRES"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1319 Vt Rt 128, Westford, VT 05494
Please message me with any questions you have.
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

That is emissions tax exempt for London...someone over there may end up paying a premium for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Mpigapicha
phil
1995 Defender D90

LANDROVER DISCOVERY 110!!
ONLY 2 PREV OWNERS FROM NEW

Discovery??

Doesn't seem to know his wip really well..... otherwise looks nice!
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Would be a sweet pickup IMO - if you wanted a RHD
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:50 AM
corrumpu
chris b
1995/RRC SWB

Registry
How many board members are buying truck sign unseen or do you guys have contacts that help you take a look at it from afar ? Then you have someone like Doug help with bringing it in?

This does look nice. Good find and tempting for some of the more poor hope-to-be-a-Defender-owner people.
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrumpu View Post
How many board members are buying truck sign unseen or do you guys have contacts that help you take a look at it from afar ? Then you have someone like Doug help with bringing it in?

This does look nice. Good find and tempting for some of the more poor hope-to-be-a-Defender-owner people.
Chris, overall, I've had very good experience with the 4 110's I've picked up in the past 12months. All have been consistent with what I was expecting. This one is at Port waiting for release as we speak. Fingers and toes are always crossed however that they arrive as represented. No guarantees in life or Rovers unfortunately.

Clay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_front.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	65065  
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrumpu View Post
How many board members are buying truck sign unseen or do you guys have contacts that help you take a look at it from afar ?
I bought my truck sight-unseen. It turned out ok, but probably wasn't the smartest thing I ever did.

I justified it because I was buying from a dealer. They put the truck on a lift and took pictures of everything I asked for so I had a very accurate portrayal of problem areas. No suprises there. Overall body condition (dents, scratches, oxidization) is hard to tell from photos. My truck was more beat than pictures showed. Engine and drivetrain condition is obviously impossible to tell from photos -- this is where I gambled. It turned out great, but it could have been bad.

I didn't get burned, but if I ever import again I'll take the time to find a rep over there to check it out -- or I'll go check it out myself. I'll also make sure to get a Tdi right out the gate! :-/

Old January 24th, 2013, 02:36 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
Chris, overall, I've had very good experience with the 4 110's I've picked up in the past 12months. All have been consistent with what I was expecting. This one is at Port waiting for release as we speak. Fingers and toes are always crossed however that they arrive as represented. No guarantees in life or Rovers unfortunately.

Clay
That's a nice looking truck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 27th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Jermaine
Jermaine
2002 p38

Reg. Mark: f*** *** Get the Vehicle Status Report Manufacturer: Land Rover Colour: WHITE/RED Model: Defender Reg. Date: 24/11/1988 Type: Four Wheel Drive Mileage: 50,968 Engine Size: 2495 cc Year: 1988 MOT Expiry: 05/2013 Road Tax: 06/2013 Transmission: Manual Fuel: Petrol Previous Owners: 2 Seats: 5 Drive Side: Right-hand drive Safety Features: 4-Wheel Drive Service History Available: Yes Doors: 5

correct me if I'm wrong but this Won't qualify for the 25 year rule, just noticed the seller posted the reg date of 11/24/1988, one has to wait till November to bring this in if I understand correctly?
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:59 AM
1of40
1of40

Registry
You might call DOT AND EPA and double check but I don't think that's correct. I imported a 110 last year that was several months from 25. It was a late 87.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:39 AM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
You might call DOT AND EPA and double check but I don't think that's correct. I imported a 110 last year that was several months from 25. It was a late 87.
I had one that I was clearing through customs exactly 25 years to the day it left the factory. The officer told me good thing I did not try the previous day because he would not have released it to me. Likley depends on who you get I guess and how they feel.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Reg date is the date it was first registered and put on the road NOT the date it was built.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Spanner110
I
1993 Defender Pick up

I'd want to see the VIN plate and the chassis number in situ.
Something for me don't ring too true about this truck ( Of course that's only my opinion ). I don't normally slate another guys rig out of courtesy, but I'm letting the devil in here.
As previously stated, the seller has it listed as a Discovery which a dyed in the wool LR fan would not make. I do love the over-spray onto the wheel arch liner inside the engine bay....quality job that respray!!! My first thought was "G4 wannabe" What else? oh yes..
The rust on the footwell is indicative of a more advanced problem.
The rubberised coating on the underside will be masking a multitude of sins (Just ask Liveridge 4x4 for details).
Circa 58,000 genuine miles??????????? Bollix! they might be genuine after the point at which the new odometer was fitted, but on an 'F' reg I seriously don't think.
What's with the different sized tyres on the roof. I'd rather see 2 spares that matched what was fitted, and a mung load of puncture repair kits in the back.
Kitted out for an overland trek what, to Tesco's?
And is that a 'Jackall' Hi lift I spy? Safer to use an 8' forestry pole and a couple of breeze blocks Neville.
All at a giveaway price of what he probably paid for it originally.
And not a mention of the quality of transmission....I wasn't overly impressed about the 'old skool' petrol engine either.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:48 AM
1of40
1of40

Registry
Damn, thanks for the heads up, I'd been told they don't care. Customs seems very irritated with Land Rover imports right now unfortunately. I have an 83 110 that sat for 30 days at the Port of Baltimore while they ran it through the ringer. They've released it for import recently but the attitude within the process is less than perfect.

Clay
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:47 AM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Reg date is the date it was first registered and put on the road NOT the date it was built.
Agree, I use build date documentaion. It would be earlier than reg. date.
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Clay - you may want to start looking at another port of entry - possibly Wilmington.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstone View Post
Agree, I use build date documentaion. It would be earlier than reg. date.
Get a Certificate of Build Date from the British Motor Hertitage Trust (google them), its not an official state document, but it it will represent the date it left the factory and that combined with you other docs should add to the credibility at the time it arrives at a US port.

Also, maybe others have gotten some through CBP, but the way I understand it (I read the regulations) is that the 25-year rule is down to the very day. NO SOONER. So, to be true to the law you would have to wait until November **, 2013.

X2 what Spanner said about the trucks condition. There's a lot of lipstick on this pig. At a minimum it needs to be seen in person.

The on,y good thing I see is that nice burly winch bumper and winch (which is probably needed every time that rig gets into the slightest sticky situation because of that weak-ass lump of a motor)
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith
86 110 300TDI,16 Disco Sport

Registry
I was able to get this through the LR Dealer in Bahrain to import my 86. It took about two weeks to get it. Once it arrived in Edison, NJ I picked it right up. It was imported by the Navy, so the customs might have been easier than normal.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MENA 251810 2_5 Petrol.pdf (204.1 KB, 47 views)
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Series88 View Post
Clay - you may want to start looking at another port of entry - possibly Wilmington.
Things are the same all over.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
import