1984 U-Haul CT-13 fiberglass travel trailer - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old June 7th, 2014, 08:37 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

1984 U-Haul CT-13 fiberglass travel trailer

Now that I have a driveway full of camping vehicles it's time to thin the herd a bit and pass on my 13' U-Haul fiberglass travel trailer. I've just finished installing a new vinyl plank floor over a 1/4" Hardi board underlayment so it's looking great. I also replaced the broken tail light lenses with a kit you can buy from U-Haul that has aluminum housings and LED tail lights and managed to score a set of NOS side windows that had been in a crate in Nebraska since the mid-1980's.

This travel trailer has a double bed in the back and pair of bunk beds in the front suitable for children. A porta-potti stores under the front bunk and it has a stove, sink, ice box, propane heater and a 120V roof mounted air conditioning unit. There is an old solar panel on the roof as well - have no idea if it works. These trailers were built for U-haul to be used as rental units - as a precaution they were built tough with a double wall fiberglass shell and heavy duty frame. They have a massive aluminum rear bumper since they figured rental drivers may not have great skills at backing trailers up.

U-Haul discontinued their rental program in the early 1990's and sold the trailers to the public. I'm the third owner - the previous owner bought it directly from U-Haul. He said that when he was looking for a trailer to take his little girl to Disney World a friend of his was the district manager fro U-haul - they went out to a big lot where over 60 trailers were being stored for the auction and picked the nicest one on the lot. He sold me the trailer when his little girl was all grown up and about to get married.

It weighs around 1500 lbs and my D-90 had no problems towing it to Land Rover events around the south. It's similar in layout the 13' trailers built by Scamp and Casita.

I also have a custom made winter cover for the trailer that cost about $700 and a few other accessories for the trailer. I'm still going over it getting it prepared for its next owner but I have my dream trailer now (German Eriba) and the wife is worried about what the neighbors will think. I'm looking for offers around $5900.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2014, 10:40 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

If only I took vacation. Great luck with the sale!!!!
Old June 14th, 2014, 01:25 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

The U-Haul sold this morning - it went to a new home nearby.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags
fiberglass, 1984, fiber, glass