110 in CA - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Old July 14th, 2010, 09:23 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Not trying to fuel this fire, but just for the purposes of folks putting a value on a NAS truck I have to say that Zimm's old 110 was one of the top 5 cleanest stock NAS 110s I have ever seen. It was for sure on the high end of the scale with no real issues and nearly bone stock (short of a nice rear disc brake upgrade).

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2010, 02:57 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

If I can elaborate on Zimm's post- it is either totally stock/original- or not, period. Yes, things CAN be removed, replaced, etc- but at the end of the day, top dollar goes to all orig in the best condition, end of discussion. Yours is a nice truck for sure, for a driver, not a collector, which is the big $$. An all new '83 by Julian et al with new motor/drivetrain on a galv chassis is in the same range price wise, but is all new, and Tdi to boot. Not pissing on the parade, but I have been the seller too many times when I thought it was a great truck, and didn't bring the $$. Why? We get emotional and think 'our truck' is an improved version of the original- BUT it isn't original. Had a 35k mile 90 that wouldn't sell for what I thought it was worth. Put it all back to stock, sold for $15k more- to a dealer, and then sold near $15k off in extras. Lesson learned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:09 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm View Post
like anything else, there are suckers and impulse buyers. more power to anyone that can get 10% more than me for a rig full of replacement parts and twice the mileage. with 110s being imported by the boatload cheap nowadays, though, i cant figure why someone would pay top dollar for an NAS that would get panned at a car show. if you want something non original, build it from an import and save 30g.

Dale

I am not saying you are incorrect. My truck is not for everyone. I did a few things to change it from stock, cage, wheels, carpet. All stuff I can go back to and really is a personal thing. I think the cage is debatable if that affects value but really it comes down to if there is a buyer who wants what I have. I am open to offers. It is funny because the offers I get are all from dealers like you for the same amount of money. If it isnt worth more I am shocked a dealer would offer what they do. I am not upset about that at all. If it is your business than so be it. You are in it to make money not to be my friend. As for Zimm's comment I am more annoyed he chimed in since as it has been said in many threads he bought a very clean truck for pennies on the dollar and made enough money to buy JimC's truck (kidding). He got lucky and should be grateful. There is no reason to chime in on my truck and what it is worth. He talks about suckers, what about the guy who sold him his truck. Something tells me he didnt try to pay him more money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2010, 09:50 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

No worries, but I'm in a situation similar to Mike- too busy to build my own, clients keep buying 'my trucks', so looking for a nice driver. Ironicly, that may provide the time needed to 'find' the right price/buyer- not consciously strangely enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Dale

I am not saying you are incorrect. My truck is not for everyone. I did a few things to change it from stock, cage, wheels, carpet. All stuff I can go back to and really is a personal thing. I think the cage is debatable if that affects value but really it comes down to if there is a buyer who wants what I have. I am open to offers. It is funny because the offers I get are all from dealers like you for the same amount of money. If it isnt worth more I am shocked a dealer would offer what they do. I am not upset about that at all. If it is your business than so be it. You are in it to make money not to be my friend. As for Zimm's comment I am more annoyed he chimed in since as it has been said in many threads he bought a very clean truck for pennies on the dollar and made enough money to buy JimC's truck (kidding). He got lucky and should be grateful. There is no reason to chime in on my truck and what it is worth. He talks about suckers, what about the guy who sold him his truck. Something tells me he didnt try to pay him more money.
theres plenty of reason..

1) its a forum
2) i had it for sale private part for some time. i had one fella from virgin look at it and say he didnt think it was good enough for stock. he wanted better. i wished him luck.
3) its a forum
4) your actin like you know what youre talkin about
5) its a forum
6) ya kinda bad mouth the pros... i got news for ya asshole, the pros have the clientele you need if you wanna sell. i dont need money, so i sat on it, and posted it up. all i got were the buyer versions of you. i finally sold it to one of mike clients, for... less than mike would have gotten being a pro landrover shop (i can get diesel generators and UPS systems super cheap).... but a fair price for someone that doesnt deal in these goods.
7) you talk out your ass. while i dont know LR's, i know classic cars and i know whats worth money, believe me, i can build a better 69' boss 302 than my uncles original owner... but it aint gonna be worth what his is worth...
8) its a forum
9) i wanna ramble.
10) its a forum. i can ramble.

and like i said. get more than i got. and if you cant, lie and say you did. it means allot to ya.

me? i miss the truck. its like a dead asshole friend. there wasnt a thing about it that it did well, and it was generally a pain in the ass, but, like the dead, its heroics, deeds, its life and loves grow in stature after it shits the bed. ahhhhh what fond memories we had.... i think....
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:41 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

This could keep going forever. I am not going to bother. The only thing I will say is I never bad mouthed Dale or Mike. All I said is they are dealers and are looking to buy low sell high. Nothing wrong with that. I also realize Mike is not a dealer in the true sense of the word before you chime in or he chimes in. He is a resto shop that deals in small volumes as he sees fit.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:38 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Damn Zimm,

I think you got robbed on your sale. You should have held out for more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_2316wt_1167
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:27 AM
bennett
Bennett
'97 Defender 90 Soft Top #1140

Registry
That truck was sold by Cars Dawydiak, which is probably THE premier classic car dealership in SF. Not exactly a private seller
Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:05 AM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett View Post
That truck was sold by Cars Dawydiak, which is probably THE premier classic car dealership in SF. Not exactly a private seller
Not sure if that matters though...ebay is used by dealers and private sellers so it's basically an even playing field, in my opinion.

-->
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Flea Market

Tags