Work Lamp mount on new Hannibal Rack - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old July 10th, 2007, 11:51 PM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
Work Lamp mount on new Hannibal Rack

I use to mount my work lamp (which also doubles as a bright backup lamp) right above my license plate. I was forced to relocate it when I installed the rear ladder. The new hannibal Racks have stainless steel risers that hold the side rails in place. I decided to mount my lamp to a riser but wanted it to provide a little more clearance for the lamp bracket. So I fabed out one with about 3/4" additional overhang. I had first installed my lamp with the handle on top, but I realized I would no longer be able to direct it without getting on a ladder to reach it. So I mounted it upside down. The wiring harness is factory sealed so I shouldn't have any water issues. I just ran the power harness through one of the unused door hinge holes. I can now reach and redirect the lamp easliy. I wasn't sure if anyone had already done a similar install with the lamp upside down so I thought I'd share the idea with the group.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	9782   Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	9783  

Name:	bracket3.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	9784   Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket4.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	9785  

Name:	bracket5.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	9786  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
ac, lamp, mount, nib, rack