Wireless Foward Looking video - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old August 5th, 2008, 12:08 AM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
Wireless Foward Looking video

My Son must have thought I was too old and feeble to be able to turn my head around and look where I am backing my truck so he bought me a wireless rear view camera. Well I built an industrial grade housing for the camera and installed it... But not looking rearward. I have it set up on my arb looking forward and ensuring it sees 3' infront of my left front wheel. I have designed calibration tracks that will fit on the monitor so I know precisely where my wheel will go. the video is fed wirelessly to the monitor. I just ran power to the monitor and camera and have a toggle switch on my dash console turn them both on at the same time. Preliminary tests show promise. If it works well, I'll install a second one for the right front wheel. My Son and I regularly go out together ... he will guide me through rocks and I return the favor. With the camera it may reduce the number of times we need assitance ... but I don't know yet... does anybody have any experience with this .... or have done this already?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	14643   Click image for larger version

Name:	monitor.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	14644  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 8th, 2008, 08:13 AM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

That looks very cool Len. How does the monitor receive the signal? Will having a second camera interfere with the first wrt transmission frequency?
Old August 8th, 2008, 10:54 AM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
The receiver is built into the monitor casing. I am only second guessing, but I would anticipate that the frequencies would be different. The specs state the transmission range from the camera is 30 feet. This would mean that any other car with the same device would likely receive your signal and vise versa. If your device is popular and there are alot of units distibuted you would want to make sure that you put the units at different frequencies. I did find out it is subject to interferance of other transmitting signals... I was in a KFC drive through, purely to test my camera (and pick up some dinner for the family)... their wireless head set communications causes some mild interferance. I will test it with my cb transmitting as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects