Webasto 2000 Install - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old January 21st, 2014, 12:11 AM
Jbullis
Jason Bullis
1994 NAS 90 #1810, 2006 LR3

Registry
Webasto 2000 Install

Well this weekend I finished on a small project, that I had to do quite a bit of research to make sure could work. I found a used Webasto on Craigslist for a very good price. Got the unit home test fired using kerosene and it worked perfect.
So here was was first major question where to put it, since the main purpose was to keep my kids warm in the back. I decided after reading several post to put it under one the the middle seats. Installed a swivel vent so we could easily direct the heat for say.

Then I had the issue of trying how to get fuel delivery, I didn't want to drop the tank and really didn't like the idea of poking a hole in the filler neck. So searching online I found a stainless collar that went in the filler neck that had a draw tube for the pump. It was very neat and easy to do.http://sales.butlertechnik.com/catal...dir=desc&q=td5

Lastly I have installed a Smart-control for a digital thermastat. I have not yet decided where I will mount it yet.

Today was my first trip in it, and in less than 5 minutes of it running you could really feel comfortable, maybe even a little hot. My kids and wife are super excited about. Now just have to decide if I want to install a remote.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4757.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	88267   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4758.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	88269  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4768.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	88270   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4763.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	88271  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2014, 12:50 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Nice find on that filler neck collar. That's awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old January 21st, 2014, 12:52 AM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Nice job and good feedback on the functionality. I had wondered if a single Webasto would sufficiently warm a 110.

Any more pictures of the mounting, routing of hose/wire would be very helpful for posterity. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2014, 12:58 AM
Jbullis
Jason Bullis
1994 NAS 90 #1810, 2006 LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
Nice job and good feedback on the functionality. I had wondered if a single Webasto would sufficiently warm a 110.

Any more pictures of the mounting, routing of hose/wire would be very helpful for posterity. Thanks!
I let in run for about 15 mimutes after i installed it, opened the door to let my kids feel it. To my surprise when I opened the door, I could feel the heat rush out.

I will get some more pics and post i the next couple of days...
Old January 21st, 2014, 09:26 AM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
Well doneJason.
I have a thermo top E and it does a good job warming the motor, but no help for the back.
My kids will like this more than the current plan of blankets and a "no whining" sign. Lol
Old January 21st, 2014, 09:40 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I installed a webasto air top 2000 in my top box to direct warm air into our roof top tent when in cold weather... It worked so well and I had a spare so I installed another inside the truck... Works excellent and can get too hot even in the coldest of climates...happy wife = happy life... And this was a big brownie points..
Old January 21st, 2014, 10:00 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Nakatenga has a nice one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
Nice find on that filler neck collar. That's awesome.
Old January 21st, 2014, 10:15 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post

I will keep you plenty warm. At zero (F) you will be cooked out of the truck if you leave it on high. I had mine turned on during a run to RI last winter (it was 0) and 30 minutes into the drive the wife said turn it off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
2000, webasto