Defender Source Forum banner

Tuffy Box with Ipod

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Stmpede 
#1 ·
For the B-Day which I just renamed D90-day I got an Ipod. I installed the Apline CD deck last year planning to get an ipod. Apline has an aftermarket cable (30 bucks) that connects to an ipod and you are able to control your ipod from the deck.

I ran the wire into my tuffy box using a 5/16 hole with rubber grommet. I then did a little organizing using my sewing machine. I have a Magellan GPS unit, but store it in the tuffy aswell. Unlike all of you my tuffy box usually ends up a complete mess...never able to find registration/insurance bla bla bla...

I made these inserts using some awesome ballistic nylon that I use for a little sewing bussiness on the side. I lined the two pocket with fleece that hold the Ipod and GPS. I also made a wire management system for the ipod on the bottom of the pocket.

the other side has a place for my insurance cards, pens, knife holder, large pocket, and one smaller balloon pocket. I used industrial velcro to mount it. I did not want to put any more holes in the tuffy box than absolutely necissary.

I still need to mount the console, but I believe I am going to be very satisfied.

brian

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.