Series or Defender back step - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old December 1st, 2016, 08:46 PM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Question Series or Defender back step

Could someone please explain the difference between a Series and Defender rear folding step? Will both fit a Series military rear cross member?

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 2nd, 2016, 11:21 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
good question, not sure there is a big difference other than maybe a bit of bent 1/4" steel in the event that the ends of the bracket are uneven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
Could someone please explain the difference between a Series and Defender rear folding step? Will both fit a Series military rear cross member?

Thanks!

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old December 2nd, 2016, 12:50 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Don't quote me, but I believe the series (I mean the more recent version not the one unique to the SII which I have not seen in person in 15 years) has staggered legs where one is longer than the other to accommodate the dip down in the center of the crossmember. The defender ones the legs I believe are the same length. For a military crossmember, I would think the defender one would work better. Do you have captive nuts in the bottom of the crossmember?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
ac, defender, series