Seat retrim kit - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old September 4th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Seat retrim kit

Before the 110 left for the docks I had a pair of britpart seat retrim kits stowed in the back along with a set of seat heaters. I finally got around to finishing them tonight and honestly couldn't be happier. They fit well, look good and were relatively easy to fit. First seat took 2 hours, second 45 minutes. With the new foam they feel great, and the black is a marked improvement over the brown twill. I couldn't find a source for retrim kits for the middle row seats, but got matching fabric to the fronts and will make up new panels to fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1526250648.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	57110  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2012, 11:22 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Very cool, hope to do this soon when Stephen gets mine in stock. Did you watch the videos on the website or just did it on your own? Any pointers?

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

I watched the exmoor video and the included DVD from britpart. The kits were close to the same with 2 exceptions:the exmoor kit uses the same fittings as OEM to secure the middle of the back seat. To the frame while the britpart uses a much more primitive system which works fine but lacks elegance. The important difference is that the exmoor kit has fabric matched trim adhered to the sides of the seat base foam while the britpart foam doesn't. Which means that once the base is I stalled you'd see the white foam around the underside of the frame. I sourced matching material and adhered it to the foam to make a more finished result.

As for tips, the only thing that diverged from the videos was to inset the head rest as you roll the seat back squab down to help orient the squab on the foam. Otherwise it's straightforward, follow the video and work VERY fast with the glue, you get one shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:29 AM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
The seats look great! I did the same project last spring... Such a transformation!! I never got around to posting about my project but I also added a wright offroad mat set and the interior is like a different/new(er) truck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3311584471.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	478.4 KB
ID:	57162   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4129030416.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	538.4 KB
ID:	57163  

Name:	image-2080558682.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	444.6 KB
ID:	57164  
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Those look great! I'm looking forward to trying out the seat heaters as well.
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:25 PM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpamike View Post
The seats look great! I did the same project last spring... Such a transformation!! I never got around to posting about my project but I also added a wright offroad mat set and the interior is like a different/new(er) truck.
Mike - which fabric is that?
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Yudda
Rob
1997/300tdi/110

Quote:
Originally Posted by founD90 View Post
Mike - which fabric is that?
X2

Those seats look great.
Old September 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
Thanks guys. The trim I got is called XS 1-2 Leather (has leather on the outside and back, and the middle is a different almost mesh-type material). I bought everything from Stephen at Safari HP: http://www.safarihp-trim.com/index.p...&id=3&Itemid=3

The stuff is called XS Blank Rack towards the bottom of that page. I'll have to start my own project thread and post pics of the "finished" interior... it looks great. Sorry to jump over your thread, Tony.

-Mike
Old November 11th, 2013, 06:47 AM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
i was doing research for my own seat retrim project... thanks for posting all of this guys, very helpful.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
kit