Seat Belt on Exmoor Classic 2nd Row Seats - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old May 7th, 2016, 12:08 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt
1991 Defender 110, LHD 200TDI

Registry
Hi all. I continue to read, research and try to learn and refine the scope of my build. I have a few question regarding 2nd row seating. I'm planning to put in 3 low back standard exmoor seats in leather in the 2nd row. Link below.

I like the classic look of these versus the premium high back or even the classic high backs. I will most often have them folded down to fit surfboards, etc on the truck and the short ones seem like they would be easier Anyone that has these installed?

- Are they comfortable for back seat passengers?
- Ok to have 3 low backs versus 2 high and one low in the middle?
- How does the seatbelt system work? I assume only a lap belt for middle seat? Anyway to put a shoulder belt on the middle seat?
- I have 3 young kids (2, 6 & 8). Is it a major safety concern not having head rests (despite fact that at this age their heads are likely below level of where a headrest would go)?

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/store/de...er-detail.html

I appreciate any and all input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1970092003.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	148948  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2016, 12:24 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt

Registry
Anyone with experience w 2nd row Classic exmoor seats? Thanks
Old May 9th, 2016, 01:17 PM
tacthomas
Jesse
'06 LR3 ('89 110 - SOLD)

Registry
bump. I'm also very interested in any feedback or experience on this exact topic.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2016, 01:30 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

I have two high backs and one low back. The center seat has a lap belt, and the sides each have 3 point shoulder ALR belts. With 3 kiddos, the older kids are on the sides and the youngest is in a car seat restrained by the lab belt. It works well for us at this age/stage. The seats are firm, but no complaints as of yet (going on 4 years of use). Int eh coming years I intend to replace them all withe a second row comprised of front left/right seats and a front right in the way back.
Old May 9th, 2016, 06:16 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt

Registry
Thanks Paul. Appreciate the response. Would you be comfortable with the older kids in classic low backs on the Right & Left where they have 3 point seat belts?

Do you classic high backs that are installed on the right and left fold all the way forward or do they hit the driver and passenger front seats?
Old May 10th, 2016, 01:11 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtisblo View Post
Would you be comfortable with the older kids in classic low backs on the Right & Left where they have 3 point seat belts?

Do you classic high backs that are installed on the right and left fold all the way forward or do they hit the driver and passenger front seats?
My older kids are just turned 9 & 11 and are @ 4'11" and 5'4". Low backs for them? No. The high backs are ok now, but I'll be reworking it to add better seats in the second and third row in the next year or so. @ 6'4" the front seats are back far enough that the second row high back touch the front seats when tipped forward.
Old May 10th, 2016, 04:12 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrvrs View Post
My older kids are just turned 9 & 11 and are @ 4'11" and 5'4". Low backs for them? No. The high backs are ok now, but I'll be reworking it to add better seats in the second and third row in the next year or so. @ 6'4" the front seats are back far enough that the second row high back touch the front seats when tipped forward.
Thank you again. This is incredibly helpful. Looks like we have a lot of similarities. I too am 6'4" and have kids similarly aged. I am going to put classic Highback and one low back in the second row. I may go ahead and put a fold up forward facing seat on one side of the cargo area. Then in the future I might consider taking out the second row middle seat and with then have three full-size seats. So in the rear cargo area I could potentially put in 2 tip ups on one side and 1 forward facing fold up on the other side. Would that configuration work?

I have heard and read that putting in the premium hi backseat in the second row requires some significant reworking.

Can you do me a favor and snap a photo of all three of your second row seats folded forward when your front seats are all the way back?
Old August 8th, 2016, 12:00 AM
tacthomas
Jesse
'06 LR3 ('89 110 - SOLD)

Registry
Quote:
Thank you again. This is incredibly helpful. Looks like we have a lot of similarities. I too am 6'4" and have kids similarly aged. I am going to put classic Highback and one low back in the second row. I may go ahead and put a fold up forward facing seat on one side of the cargo area. Then in the future I might consider taking out the second row middle seat and with then have three full-size seats. So in the rear cargo area I could potentially put in 2 tip ups on one side and 1 forward facing fold up on the other side. Would that configuration work?

I have heard and read that putting in the premium hi backseat in the second row requires some significant reworking.

Can you do me a favor and snap a photo of all three of your second row seats folded forward when your front seats are all the way back?

Kurt - what did you end up doing for your second row?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old August 8th, 2016, 12:24 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt

Registry
I put 2 high backs and one low back in the second row. Check out my build thread for specific specs. In the cargo area I put 2 side facing tilt ups on the passenger side (LHD) and left the driver side wheel well open.
Old August 8th, 2016, 11:26 PM
tacthomas
Jesse
'06 LR3 ('89 110 - SOLD)

Registry
Quote:
I put 2 high backs and one low back in the second row. Check out my build thread for specific specs. In the cargo area I put 2 side facing tilt ups on the passenger side (LHD) and left the driver side wheel well open.

Thanks - I'll check out the build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects