Safety Devices Roll Cage (L183) Installation - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Safety Devices Roll Cage (L183) Installation

A quick pic by pic write up of how I installed my cage. The instructions included with the cage is pretty weak. It was not that hard, just overwhelming trying to figure out where are the little brackets and spacers go. I tried to be as clear as possible with the pictures, as they say "pictures are worth a thousand words". Hope this is helpful for anyone else wanting to install their own cage. Cheers!

Note that I have a 2008 tub and the cage used is the Safety Devices Roll cage number L183. And yes this cage will work with the older ribbed roof, well it did on mine.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 2.5
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2013, 05:07 AM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Admins -- these vBulletin links don't work anymore... any love? Would love to see this write up.

Old June 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Links worked for me (iPhone).
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2013, 09:18 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
The links appear to be broken on my end as well. Dave, as I recall, the whole write-up on the Parts 1-5 is in his Truck Build-up thread. He just started this thread so that it would be easier for others to find. So browse around his build thread around the same date, and you should see it all.
Old July 4th, 2013, 07:27 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
The links appear to be broken on my end as well. Dave, as I recall, the whole write-up on the Parts 1-5 is in his Truck Build-up thread. He just started this thread so that it would be easier for others to find. So browse around his build thread around the same date, and you should see it all.
Sorry guys, I had Galpin take down my build thread a few months ago. I'll see if he can put it back up again.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:40 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Ok this should work now.

Old August 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
charlesteton
Charles Teton
2011 Defender 110 Dormobile Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX View Post
Ok this should work now.
Thanks... C

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
cage, installation, safety devices