ROW D90 LED Light Replacement - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old May 26th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Not to high jack but I have a full set of ROW RDX LEDs if they want them! Asking $150 for the marker set of eight.
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2015, 04:15 PM
curry
brandon curry
Series 1 and 110.

Registry
I'm planning on ordering a complete set of LED bulbs for my RoW 110 soon. Thanks for this. Not a fan of how the RDX and Wipac LED lights look. Was kinda hoping that the price of LEDs would have come down some over the years, but apparently I'm not so lucky.
Old January 13th, 2015, 09:02 PM
jputnins
John Putnins
1995 Defender 90 SW

Just putting in my $.02. I'm not a fan of the RDX and Wipac LEDs. My biggest complaint is that they only put light straight out and put very little light to the sides or even slightly off center. I have been working on some better replacements, but have had little luck so far. Rubbolite (owned by Truck-Lite) was making them for a while, but their new international catalog only has the crappy Wiopac style lights now. On my 110 I have replaced the bulbs in the OEM housings with the Superbrightleds replacements and they work quite well. If I can manage to source the better replacement lights, I will let everyone in on it right away!

-John
Disco 1 "Truck-in-a-box"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2015, 09:15 PM
curry
brandon curry
Series 1 and 110.

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jputnins View Post
Just putting in my $.02. I'm not a fan of the RDX and Wipac LEDs. My biggest complaint is that they only put light straight out and put very little light to the sides or even slightly off center. I have been working on some better replacements, but have had little luck so far. Rubbolite (owned by Truck-Lite) was making them for a while, but their new international catalog only has the crappy Wiopac style lights now. On my 110 I have replaced the bulbs in the OEM housings with the Superbrightleds replacements and they work quite well. If I can manage to source the better replacement lights, I will let everyone in on it right away!

-John
Keep me posted.
Old January 13th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Agreed and they look awful. I have 45 led towers (from Superbrightleds) in an all my stock lamp housings. The problem is the housings leak moisture. An ideal upgrade would be a sealed housing in same styling as stock that contains a tower with 5 CREE LEDs. Essentially a cubic bulb with one high intensity LED on each side and the mount on the 6th side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jputnins View Post
Just putting in my $.02. I'm not a fan of the RDX and Wipac LEDs. My biggest complaint is that they only put light straight out and put very little light to the sides or even slightly off center. I have been working on some better replacements, but have had little luck so far. Rubbolite (owned by Truck-Lite) was making them for a while, but their new international catalog only has the crappy Wiopac style lights now. On my 110 I have replaced the bulbs in the OEM housings with the Superbrightleds replacements and they work quite well. If I can manage to source the better replacement lights, I will let everyone in on it right away! -John
Old January 13th, 2015, 10:19 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Agreed and they look awful. I have 45 led towers (from Superbrightleds) in an all my stock lamp housings. The problem is the housings leak moisture. An ideal upgrade would be a sealed housing in same styling as stock that contains a tower with 5 CREE LEDs. Essentially a cubic bulb with one high intensity LED on each side and the mount on the 6th side.
Would a set of foam backing a and foam rings for the plastic lenses solve a lot of moisture issues, I mean I imagine if someone put auto cad to work they could be sourced from China on the cheap. Hell just make a cookie cutter die and press them stateside from a roll of foam. Problem solved!
Old June 17th, 2015, 02:46 AM
emah
Ed Mah
1993 NAS D110

Registry
light mount part #

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlight View Post
I have an RDX relay, one from SuperbrightLEDs, and will see which one works best when I go to install the front and rear external LED parking/signal/brake/reverse lights. Also have 4 resistors ready to go as needed (although I get the sense only 1 pair will be needed).

So I found a great mount for the bar, I bought the 50" as well. Perfect fit. Tracked down a mount from a company called Axia Alloys, which makes a custom mount for the Rigid LED bars. What was VERY fortunate is the D110 roll bars start to curve in where I had to mount, and the unique modular components of the mount allowed it to rotate on top to accommodate. Although I only used enamel paint, I painted the base of the mount white with a few coats (powder coating would have been preferred but didn't have easy access to this and didn't want to dedicate a little oven for this). Here's a photo of the mount, took minutes to install (painting is what took the time; and with enamel it's not great anyway because it flaked a little around the contact points anyway).

Attachment 64765

Here's the link to the mount:
http://axiaalloys.com/Billet%20LED%2...ter_name=rigid
Hi Geoff, did you get my pm about the part number? The link you provided is not working.
Thanks,
Ed

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
90, ac, d90, ht