Defender Source Forum banner

ROW D90 LED Light Replacement

Tags
90 ac d90 ht
21K views 86 replies 29 participants last post by  emah 
#1 ·
Just in case anyone else wants to swap out all of the external lights on their Non-NAS 90 with LEDs, I thought I would share the part numbers I used,

These are all from www.superbrightleds.com.

Turn signals (all 4): 1150-A45-T
Front Markers (2): 1156-CW45-T
Tail / Brake Lights (2): 1157-R45-T
Backup Lamp: 1156-CW45-T
Rear Fog Lamp: 1156-R45-T
Side "repeater" lights (I think this was not factory, mine look like they came from a RRC): WLED-A6
License Plate: BA9s-WHP9

I also needed a LED compatible flasher. I used CF13GL-02.

Everything was plug and play, no wiring mods or other messes.

#73 ·
Ahhh.... the little things in life... received the green dash LEDs from onlinecomponents.com and they are indeed non-polarized (having a built in circuit). So now have a working dash indicator for the left/right flashers that works in both directions. They were pricey relative to the other LEDs for the indicators at $6/each but a small price to pay for avoiding a workaround. If anyone wants one, I purchased a dozen extra as there was a long lead time and figured others might be interested if they worked. Just PM me.

#74 ·
Yup, I would certainly appreciate 2 if you can spare them? PM me a shipped (85138) price and a paypal if you dont mind?

Thx

Ian

Ahhh.... the little things in life... received the green dash LEDs from onlinecomponents.com and they are indeed non-polarized (having a built in circuit). So now have a working dash indicator for the left/right flashers that works in both directions. They were pricey relative to the other LEDs for the indicators at $6/each but a small price to pay for avoiding a workaround. If anyone wants one, I purchased a dozen extra as there was a long lead time and figured others might be interested if they worked. Just PM me.

#75 ·
(Recognize this is off point from the original thread...) Finished an install this weekend of some additional Rigid LED's on the rear for work lights. Really, really bright, got the diffuse pattern and there are no hotspots, lights up a nice wide work area. Great lights - Dually D2 if I recall. Since I couldn't bring myself to drill a hole / holes into the body of the vehicle, ran the wiring along the underneath of the roof rack/cage and down the front covered with cable sheath and then snaked through some white heat shrink cover for extra protection and color matching. Happy w the results and will get a lot of use out of these!

#77 ·
These are the LED lamps I found that worked with some help from another member here who also successfully did the same upgrade (Backstay).

http://ledautolamps.com/Publications/LED%20Catalogue_cat5_LR/index.html#/36/zoomed

requires the 100 series in terms of size. you (1) pop them out of the black plastic framing they come with, and then (2) trim the inside corners of the rubber holders of the OEM units in order to get them to fit. Wiring is very easy, just use marine grade heatshrink connectors.

Only place to get them is australia so requires a little patience.
Red and Amber lights are au$45.90 and white reverse are au$69.90 (plus shipping).

Seller can be found on Ebay, user "rm-autoleds" . they've only got the 80 series listed on items http://stores.ebay.com/rm-autoleds , but they have the 100 series in stock as well (just send them a request). I had measured them out before ordering to confirm, and they fit just fine, no glue they hold themselves on. If you were doing some serious bumps, one edge may loosen, but a few different solutions for that if you want to make it a more permanent attachement.

#80 ·
I don't know yet because I haven't gotten around to wire them up. Rigid sent me a 50" bar that had the wrong connector and harness. They sent a replacement harness but I still have to rewire the plug on the bar. The positioning should be good on both. If the 50" bar is too close to the rack I have a different set of longer mounts that I can use. I will let you know once I get them connected. The turn signal LED as well. :)

#82 ·
I'm planning on ordering a complete set of LED bulbs for my RoW 110 soon. Thanks for this. Not a fan of how the RDX and Wipac LED lights look. Was kinda hoping that the price of LEDs would have come down some over the years, but apparently I'm not so lucky.

#83 ·
Just putting in my $.02. I'm not a fan of the RDX and Wipac LEDs. My biggest complaint is that they only put light straight out and put very little light to the sides or even slightly off center. I have been working on some better replacements, but have had little luck so far. Rubbolite (owned by Truck-Lite) was making them for a while, but their new international catalog only has the crappy Wiopac style lights now. On my 110 I have replaced the bulbs in the OEM housings with the Superbrightleds replacements and they work quite well. If I can manage to source the better replacement lights, I will let everyone in on it right away!

-John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.