Roll Cage Top Bar - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 5th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Alex D90
Alexander Lo
1995 D90
Roll Cage Top Bar

This might not be the correct part of the forum, but I have a LR ? about the roll cage.

I know that Defenders can come in a few different configurations, but on my truck and most of the soft tops I see there is your standard roll cage (FULL) then there is a thin bar that runs across the top of the truck (width) it is very thin relative to the rest of the roll cage and seems to be there only to hold up the soft top. It is the bar that has no padding on it.

Why is it that I have seen pictures of soft top D90s that do not have this bar? Is that possible? Mine looks as if I could remove it if I remove the rivets holding it on. I do not want to remove mine, I am just confused on why it appears that some D90s do not have the bar - trying to see if that is possible.

Old November 5th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Beluga '97 90
That alpine bow pops out of the rollcage. It's a bit tough to get out but it comes out. Don't remove the rivets. Those are holding the metal cylinders that slide into the holes of the rollcage. I use a rubber mallet to pop mine out. Just do it carefully one end at a time and it should pop out. Truck looks much better without it when the top's off. It can also be a bit tough to get back in, just takes some finessing.
Originally Posted by rijosho
-I need to figure out a cooler-looking way of getting into the driver's seat

Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects