Rear Step Bumper Powdercoat - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old December 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
mikeybob2@msn.com
Michael Sabanovich
1994 Defender 90 #1880

Registry
Question Rear Step Bumper Powdercoat

I just got a quote from a local powdercoat company to re-do my rear step bumper in semi gloss black for $250. They do all the prep work.. Seems like a fair price to me but wanted to get a feel from anyone else who has had it done.. Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Well, I am about to, but I already had the rear ladder, entire exterior cage, largest part of the interior cage, brush guard and vent covers down for about $350. Usually there is a minimum charge and then very small additional charges, so you may want to ask about that. You could get a bunch of stuff done for around the same price then, or do some stuff for some friends and get them to help pitch on the bill. Seems a little pricey for just one piece if that isn't taking into account a large minimum charge.
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:15 PM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

I can get one hot dip galvied ,hand sanded and powder coated over for less.
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2008, 08:13 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I got my entire NAS 110 cage done by the guys that do powder coating for Orange County Choppers for 550.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 16th, 2008, 08:25 PM
mikeybob2@msn.com
Michael Sabanovich
1994 Defender 90 #1880

Registry
guess I had better shop around a bit more.. seems like it should be a lot cheaper here in the Houston area than in CA since I don't think the EPA has an office here... ..
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM
mwmorgan22
Mark Morgan
94 D-90

Mine is at the powder coaters now. I am getting several items coated so i don't know the exact cost of the bumper but I think it is more like $150 for the bumper. Also I didn't know what the appropriate color should be but the satin black seemed like a better color match ...... any ideas /feedback?
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

OCC is actually in Orange County New York, but yeah, you should be able to find it cheaper. Or, if you want, I am about to send a bunch of my stuff to powdercoat, if you wanted to ship it to me and pay for shipping back, I'll throw it in with my stuff inexpensively. Shipping will probably make it cost prohibitive though...
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:25 AM
mikeybob2@msn.com
Michael Sabanovich
1994 Defender 90 #1880

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
I am about to send a bunch of my stuff to powdercoat, if you wanted to ship it to me and pay for shipping back, I'll throw it in with my stuff inexpensively. Shipping will probably make it cost prohibitive though...
Hey thanks for the offer but I think the shipping costs would be to high... I need to do the step bumper, the front brush bar, and the side steps... I only have one quote so I'm sure if I shop around I can find a better deal.
Old December 17th, 2008, 07:57 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Mark, who did you use in NY? I need to do a cage and bumper as well. I am not that far from OCC.
Old December 17th, 2008, 02:35 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I use these guys, they're in Newburgh. I thought an entire NAS cage for 550 was a friggin steal.

http://www.orangecountypowdercoat.com/OCP/index.html

Old December 18th, 2008, 08:03 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Cool. Thanks. Maybe I will check out OCC's new HQ while up that way as well....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
bumper, rear step bumper