Defender Source Forum banner

Rear Loadspace mat 90 / 110

Tags
110 90 ac
2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  LRDMOD 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I did this to the 110 months ago, told my friend and he did the same to his 90. I went to tractor supply and got a section of 3/8" rubber mat, had to trim from 48" wide to 36" wide, and i think it was 77" long, fit perfect. It cost me $45 i think, and looks standard. My dad swears it's quieter, I'm sure he is right, I cant really tell. They have varying thickness you can get as well.

Just an FYI for a good quality mat, keeps the loadspace from getting beat up. havent noticed any moisture underneath either, even in the soft top.

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Thanks Don, 30 miles is close, especially by Suburban :)

Yep, looks really good.

Did the same thing in the loadspace and second row of the 110, only I used the 3/4" rubber from TSC that comes in a 4' x 6' sheet (SKU# 221900399). Make sure you get some fresh razor blades!
That must have been terrible to cut! I thought 3/8" might be too thick haha.

Stall mats are not a new trick by any stretch, but glad you found one locally. You can also find thick rubber mats made from recycled crumb rubber at Lowe's that are a perfect 3x5 and need no trimming. That's what's in the 2A and it looks great.
Never thought I was reinventing the wheel, just raising awareness of the ease and cheapness of this.

Thanks to "LostChord" I did all flooring surfaces, top of seat box and wheel arches - Huge diff in noise. wish I could fix it to the roof. Oh, much easier to cut with a circular and saber saw.
I'm sure it would be quieter if I didnt have a rag top!

Did this yesterday and it was the biggest noise killer to date. Cutting this **** sucks though. Total pain in the ass.
The guy at Tractor Supply cut it to the dimensions i gave haha.

#13 ·
Stall mats are not a new trick by any stretch, but glad you found one locally. You can also find thick rubber mats made from recycled crumb rubber at Lowe's that are a perfect 3x5 and need no trimming. That's what's in the 2A and it looks great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.