Rear License Plate Light Wiring - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Alex D90
Alexander Lo
1995 D90

Rear License Plate Light Wiring

Newbie here. On my 1995 D90, the rear license plate light was damaged, so I ordered a new one. Easy replacement, but the wiring has a certain type of connector that I am not too sure how to use. I am can do the work, but not all that familiar with it - excuse the dumb question.

In the pic, I have the wiring stripped and just sitting in the connector/hole for lack of a better word. What is the right way, do I solder the wire to the cup (shown) or do I put the wire in and crimp?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4974.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	357.6 KB
ID:	16100  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

It is a bullet connector. It looks like your light came with the male part installed inside the female, if that is the case, pull it out, crimp it onto the wire and reinsert. If I am wrong about what I see in the pic, just find a male bullet connector the right size...NAPA or the like should carry them.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:27 PM
Alex D90
Alexander Lo
1995 D90

Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated.

Alex

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
ht, license plate, wiring