radiator removal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old July 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
defender1844
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS

radiator removal

Are the online instructions somewhere? I have a '97 and found a place locally that will re-core with an additional row. I took the 2 clips off the shroud and I can't even figure out how to get the shroud disengaged from the lip it's connected to. This may be beyond what I can do but if there are instructions I'll take a shot.

Thanks,
Amit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2008, 04:53 PM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
Hi,

To remove the center part of the shroud, remove the two sheet metal screws located on the right and left of the top section of the radiator shroud body . You can then physically push down (bend the plastic shroud housing down) and the removable part of the shrowd can now be unclipped from that goofy plastic hinge. To completely remove the shroud you will have to drill out the 1/8" pop rivets at the bottom of the shroud. But you really don't have to remove the shroud to get the radiator out. Once you have removed the two top screws and removed the hinged top part of the fan shroud you can further move the shroud back and away from the radiator by pushing down on top of the shroud again and get it out from under the two metal flanges that hold the top of the shroud in place. You can then remove the two top radiator brackets and lift the radiator straight up and out. I just had my radiator taken apart and cleaned out (it did not need a new core).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:00 PM
texasdefender110
T.J. D...
NAS Defender 110

Registry
Which muffler shop are you using?
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM
defender1844
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS

Mr Cool

They are on Lamar kind of near Braker

Follow-up Post:

Any tips on removing the 2 small hoses going into the radiator and the oil cooler lines(without losing oil)? How about the large radiator hoses? Once the shroud is out and the hoses disconnected is it as simple as lifting it out? I assume that the fan in front of the radiator just stays in place.

Thanks guys.
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:45 PM
xrover
Len Cater
1997 D90

Is there a Discovery or Range Rover radiator part# that will fit a 97 D90? Our local LR dealer can't seem to find a rad in their catalogue for a '97 D90. I am hoping that a Disco 4.0 uses the same rad.
Thanks
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:23 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by defender1844
They are on Lamar kind of near Braker

Follow-up Post:

Any tips on removing the 2 small hoses going into the radiator and the oil cooler lines(without losing oil)? How about the large radiator hoses? Once the shroud is out and the hoses disconnected is it as simple as lifting it out? I assume that the fan in front of the radiator just stays in place.

Thanks guys.

I am interested also, does the AC condenser stay in place or does it have to come out also?
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:46 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Condensor stays in place. Other than getting the (engine) fan off (1 1/4in wrench and a screw driver to wedge in there does it for me) it is an easy peasy job to get the rad out. 30 minutes tops assuming you can access the screw for the clamp on the lower hose.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Tags
radiator